It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desert Rock Airstrip back on internet tracking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Desert Rock Airstrip was known as KDRA. The NTS (Nevada Test Site) requested the FAA to drop it from their database. Now it has reappeared as NV65. I will admit I don't entirely get the airport "numbering" scheme, but generally major airports start with a K.

www.airnav.com...

Some flights have shown up on flightaware, namely N8300G, the mysterious Dynamic Aviation Dash-8.
flightaware.com...

This flight is particularly interesting since it went past NV65, perhaps going to the new Yucca AOF.
flightaware.com...

If you look at some of the tracks this plane has made elsewhere, they are quite interesting.
flightaware.com...

Incidentally, one of the N8300G shows the plane as a Beechcraft.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If your talking about ICAO codes, only in the US do they start with a K...

i.e Grand Forks AFB, ND is KRDR for red river for some reason.KEDW is pretty obvious. But go overseas and they start to change. PHIK is Hickam, and so on..
edit on 31-7-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

Codes with two letter and two numbers are FAA codes and are given mostly to private airfields. I'm sure I could find a source but I'm too tired. Just going on past experience.
edit on 31-7-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

N8300G operating between Henderson and NV65/Desert Rock... a 27 minute flight. Posted with permission.

Interesting bird.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesertWatchdog
reply to post by gariac

N8300G operating between Henderson and NV65/Desert Rock... a 27 minute flight. Posted with permission.

Interesting bird.

V.I.P ?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertWatchdog

Satellite hump? Side looking radar?

One of these days I need to stake out the Henderson airport. Same goes for KVGT.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by DesertWatchdog

Satellite hump? Side looking radar?

One of these days I need to stake out the Henderson airport. Same goes for KVGT.

Didn't I read a post from you, involving spec-op training to start at an undisclosed airfield within the range, or something to that extent? Maybe related if I'm remembering that correctly?

new topics

top topics

join