It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why no more cigar shaped ufo's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think the classic cigar shaped UFO's are a different animal to the wriggly worm type.

The cigar shape seems to have been around a long time, like that photo from the 1800's (supposedly the first ever UFO pic), and also that 1966 footage taken from a plane in England (amazing)

The other type (wriggly worm) seems to be quite large and organic in its wriggly worm-like movements. The two examples I know of this one are the classic STS-48 Mission footage and the video from the ground in England where it was known as the "Lewisham Sock"

I'm interested to know whether these two bits of footage happened around the same time, and whether they could be one and the same 'wriggly worm - alien larvae - colonisation thingy'??

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We probably don't see as many cigar shaped ufo's for the same reason we don't see as many biplanes as we used to...technology evolves, craft become more aerodynamic, stealthier, sleeker. If you look back a looooong way in history ufo's were first described as what we would nowadays call hot air ballons, then came desriptions of blimp like objects, then you had the cigar shaped ones, then the garbage lids and wedding cakes, then there was a big rush of disc shaped followed by "balls of light". Now there seems to be a big propotion of ufo's that are flat trianglular or rectangular shaped.

What will those wacky aliens come up with next?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My best guess is that the cigar shaped UFO sightings were infact saucers seen side on.

Possibly, witnesses now make the leap that what they have infact seen is a saucer and report it as such rather than reporting it as a seperate type of UFO.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join