It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the Dopplar Radar over North America? Looks fishy...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Well Gixxer, I'll freely admit to being ignorant with distinction when it comes to meteorology. We can't be knowledgable on everything and my expertise extends as far as the legend below the maps on most things. (Okay...thats a little too dumbed down..but close enough
)

So.. Perhaps you can throw a few ideas out in how we interpret storms with characteristics we've never seen before and dropping from weather patterns we may have seen, but rarely and not in combination with everything else at once?

You'd have to ask the people on the East Coast about the specifics of why so many said the last major storm was something like they'd never seen or experienced before, but I heard that said many times in TV interviews and written accounts. Then..as mentioned..I experienced my own version a few days ago. The whole weather mass was moving west, out of the East. Winds were straight line, due West...which did some real nasty damage in my town because everything here literally grows with a strength to resist winds blowing the other way. The actual hit wasn't a long one. Perhaps 10-15 minutes of actual "storm" but the damage, as I listened on my police scanners, was remarkable and very extensive.

Ignorance of maps and radar is one thing..and I'm not innocent, I'll admit. Ignorance of life before my Mark I eyeballs is simply not part of the discussion. I know what I've seen and I know what I saw a few days ago. The two don't have correlation. At least the next backward storm that flattens our city, I can honestly say then that I've seen something like it before.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
ya i really wish these, weather /HAARP freaks would really learn about how to read wind current maps ie, high and low pressure systems ect, it would really cut down on the ignorance in these posts.

So are you saying that mankind does not possess any ability to engineer storms... that it is impossible to say make it rain over a given area at any time using current or century old technology...

Because if that's the case... you're either ignorant or attempting to make others just that...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

Worst case the elites of EA*RTH who dont get along are using their powerful weather weapons on each other w/o telling everyone else. So 1 side picks 3rd world effects on another the other picks FLOOD smh.
edit on 7/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I agree! I was looking at the North American Composite image on the "Earthview" android app and there was a near perfect triangle over the midwest that was totally void. Really strange looking, imo.
I spent the last hour trying to find a page showing it that I could post here.
I hope this works. If it shows an updated version, try the July 11 image. Around 22:30 UTC.
www.ssec.wisc.edu...

edit on 11-7-2012 by gemdog because: Pic link fix

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
ya i really wish these, weather /HAARP freaks would really learn about how to read wind current maps ie, high and low pressure systems ect, it would really cut down on the ignorance in these posts.
Speaking of HAARP.... Their website seems to be offline.

The site I use to view winds and temps at various altitudes (and forecast) is Aviation Weather Center. Area of high pressure blocking moisture from moving in?
edit on 11-7-2012 by Sek82 because: information

top topics

<< 1   >>

join