It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh snap Occupy was right about the banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
after the unprecedented attacks on OWS, by MSM and media outlets, and ect
it turns out they were right about the top bankers being the largest criminals this world has ever seen.

in fact they are such massive criminals, that most can wrap their heads around what the banks actually did.

well the very top of the biggest banks had a system to take money weather the markets went up or down,
in some cases they were ripping off the largest states in america,

whole countries thou hedge fund investments were cost many millions of dollars,
al the while the rates that could be extracted for interest were minipulated.

from a previous thread,

when the 2008 financial crisis hit the whole world reeled at the losses incoured,
the whole word accross had invested in morgage backed securities thru hedge funds,
one such head fund was our Acident compensation fund amoung others.

when the banks took the bail outs we took heavey losses thru the hedge fund mangers.
as had happened in the past, we knew to take the losses and expect those responciable
to be investigated and jailed, as had been the practice after the massive failure of instututional lending.

so the whole world indirctly through their govenments and thru hedge fund managers and through wall street banks
lost security in their retirements and investments.

this is compounded when the libour rate is manipulated in order to game the insurence market for complecated
instraments an iside edge, not to mention the fact that these libour rates drive the monthly price of a morgage up for the
people of the world.

govenments and states were losing massive money on the insurence products BECAUSE the libour rates were gamed in their favour,
ie
they rigged the rates to minipulate the cost of the insurence hedges against loss.

Occupy is about exposing the crimes that are so large,
that most people cant grasp how they screwed over the whole planet for short term bonuses.

Occupy was right, the biggest banks are run by criminals

skip to 1min in for story

aljazera on libour riging 26 mins

xploder
edit on 8-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course Occupy were right. Should have transformed themselves into an actual political party though and hammered on and on wherever and whenever they could. They could have owned these issues and destroyed the established parties on both sides of the Atlantic.

I mean where are they now? Organise!
edit on 8-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Of course Occupy were right. Should have transformed themselves into an actual political party though and hammered on and on wherever and whenever they could. They could have owned this issues and destroyed the established parties on both sides of the Atlantic.

I mean where are they now? Organise!

there is a plan to organize an ISP
and many other disruptive business that work for the interests of people in the communities they operate.

its not just enough to find problems with corporations,
we are designing business models that work for communities,
using principals of free market economics,
and community involvement

move your money campain was the first of many

xploder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
oh snap!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm glad you've noticed the ongoing scam.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
im sorry im not as fast as i used to be

What’s the most basic service banks provide? Borrow money and lend it out. You put your savings in a bank to hold in trust, and the bank agrees to pay you interest on it. Or you borrow money from the bank and you agree to pay the bank interest.

How is this interest rate determined? We trust that the banking system is setting today’s rate based on its best guess about the future worth of the money. And we assume that guess is based, in turn, on the cumulative market predictions of countless lenders and borrowers all over the world about the future supply and demand for the dough.

But suppose our assumption is wrong. Suppose the bankers are manipulating the interest rate so they can place bets with the money you lend or repay them – bets that will pay off big for them because they have inside information on what the market is really predicting, which they’re not sharing with you.

source

with so much going on its hard to stay focused

its good that the people are seeing the bankers for what they are

criminal

xploder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
I'm glad you've noticed the ongoing scam.

its not a scam its a criminal conspiracy worthy of rico

This is insider trading on a gigantic scale. It makes the bankers winners and the rest of us – whose money they’ve used for to make their bets – losers and chumps.

source

if this doesn't send the lot of them to prison,
there is no longer justice in this world.................

xploder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Unfortunately, politicians aren't the only ones paid off inside the scam...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In all honestly, so what?

The Tea Party had the same information, they hated the banks as well. They also hated social entitlements, which got the OWS crowd all riled up. But at the end of the day, what would have happened. Get together, chant and sing some songs. Talk about how the evil bankers are taking us all to the cleaners.....all true, but so what?

They are laughing at you, they could care less if you got some people together and started your own political movement. You think you have enough money to compete with those international bankers? Do you think the vast majority of people give a # as long as their is food at the supermarket, American Idol is still on television, you can still download the latest app and login to facebook and twitter.

So at the end of the day, you were right about some things. So what, go and have a glass of milk and cookies, nothing has changed.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
btw, I'm ready when the rest are...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The Tea Party had the same information, they hated the banks as well

I'm calling BS on that, the Tea Party hated the bailouts true, but because they're cheap, not because they care about business corruption.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It was never an issue about being "right" or "wrong" it was more about what in the hell is crying in a park like a bunch of hobos going to do to fix it. If I tell you that the sky is blue and that you should crap your pants with me in public am I "right"?

new topics

top topics

join