It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
nm.....
edit on 7-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Still no comment about the videos posted here?

Video 1:

“We’ll engage people in positive social dialog”

] We should maintain non-violence

Video 2:

Please tell me when the people of OWS collectively have banned Black Bloc….I’ll wait!

Video 3:

Very nice! I like video 3! Some of those folks are patriots in my book!

Why isn't this the norm? The vandalism happens STILL at every event!

edit on 7-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is what happens when you make your country a MELTING POT and you LOSE your identity as a PEOPLE.
We no longer know WHO we are. We have lost our nationalism. We have lost our IDENTITY. We are now trash.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You can hate the OWS all you want. You are a part of the system that created them and apart of the problem. If you do not like OWS then make sure the system is fair so people have other things to do instead.

Excuse me? I am no more part of the system than YOU or THEM!! Don’t threaten me. OWS can’t blame ME for their inability to work within the system.

Do you think any of these youngsters would not rather do something fun instead of what they are up to due to the extreme failure in US system.

What the hell is stopping them?? I do it!! The system isn’t completely broken its damaged…we only have 8.5% unemployment!!!

For you the american flag might represent freedom. For me it represent cronyism, economic slavery, death and destruction of both man and nature and creation of antichrists. If you wanna be a goat than that is your choice.

If you or OWS want to be the freeloading, crybaby victims that’s your choice!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
This is what happens when you make your country a MELTING POT and you LOSE your identity as a PEOPLE.
We no longer know WHO we are. We have lost our nationalism. We have lost our IDENTITY. We are now trash.

Something new can come out of it. The Romans lost their identity due to (self imposed) imigration. Their heirs (our ancestors) are responsible for like 80% of the worlds cultural heritage. Then again Guidos, win some lose some I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You can't ban people from public space, meetings, marches or protests. How can you even ask that question with any degree of seriousness? Black bloc isn't even a group, it is a tactic that some people have chosen to use to commit destruction.

Video 2 and 3 clearly show Occupy Oakland's desire to not participate in destruction which speaks to the truth of my statement that Occupy Oakland was not even at that F*** the fourth march. Read some of their forums... or read the links I provided you and see it for yourself. In fact F*** the Fourth is an annual event for anarchists in Oakland that began several years ago.

There was a rift and now a total separation between Occupy Oakland and these "anarchists" (who have no clue what anarchy even is) who want to break things. Bay of Rage which is made up of these "anarchists" went so far as to declare Occupy Oakland dead (it's not). These are two separate groups, that is a fact.

Occupy Oakland Calender... why is no march marked on the 4th?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You can't ban people from public space, meetings, marches or protests. How can you even ask that question with any degree of seriousness?

Video 3 showed it can be done. Why doesn’t that happen every time? If these people knew they’d get thrown out every time they’d stop showing up, no?

Black bloc isn't even a group, it is a tactic that some people have chosen to use to commit destruction.

WELL WELL WELLLLL….the truth comes out!! I knew you had it in you!!

Black Bloc isn’t a GROUP it’s a tactic used by OWS!!!!!

THANK YOU!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I don't really get why burning flags upsets people. Patriotism is a bad thing in my eyes, it means taking nationality at a higher importance than humanity. It is the line of thought that encourages imperialism.

I agree. It's another way of killing the Buddha...

I think many think that questioning leads only to dangerous things

well - it does - dangerous thinking is what got this country started

burning the flag can be as patriotic as anything else - just depends on how we look at it

if we can't question our own country and stand things on end once in a while - how free are we really?

edit to add - I love that. Humanity is more important than nationality. It's a shame more people don't see it that way.

edit on 7/7/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We all choose the side we want to be on when the # hits the fan for real. You have made your choice and I have made mine. I have experianced the backside of the system to a degree that you have not and because of that know how screwed up it is. Just because I am doing okay now do not mean this idiocy should continue and be allowed to get worse by every day. Everyone who do not like the system is a parasite who do not work? I am a person who see that the system is in fact a parasite on my efforts and my work. Both the goverment and corperations are part of the system and part of the problem. And both political parties are reinforcing the system until the make an entire new deal.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
USMC, I'm not an American but I have friends and family who are, I grew up with American textbooks and think of Americans as close cousins. I understand your emotions, some people just want to cause trouble and will look for any excuse. Unfortunately the warning words of Dwight D. Eisenhower (sp) about guarding Americas freedom by limiting the power of the Military Industrial complex and the puppet masters ruling the masses have fallen on deaf ears. America is run by slave masters and the masses are brainwashed slaves who believe the propaganda spread by the 'authorities'. Don't kid yourself by thinking you know the truth of matters without spending any time doing independent research. Everything society does involves a conspiracy (look up the real meaning of the word). You are a military man, you might know a bit about military strategy, everything the military does involves secrecy, deception, and force. Your superiors don't want you to think, they want you to exercise their orders without question. You may have even believed in flying reindeer and Santa until you put the evidence into the mix. Now you are ready to hate and kill your own citizens for thinking for excising their right of free speech and civil disobedience - that is what America was founded upon. Freedom, not blind slavery is what you should be fighting for, anything less is treason buddy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A black bloc is a tactic for protests and marches whereby individuals wear black clothing, scarves, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other face-concealing items.

When used in the plural, black blocs refers to groups who have adopted the tactic.

Black bloc

Honestly, they wouldn't stand a chance, at Tea Party Rally.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Black Bloc isn’t a GROUP it’s a tactic used by OWS!!!!!

THANK YOU!

Are you under the impression 'blac bloc' originated with Occupy? It didnt. It's been around for decades, and originated in Europe. It came to the US mainly during the seattle wto protests in 1999, where protesters used it as a way to 'un-arrest' fellow protesters seized illegally by cops. In the past it has been used as the bodyguards of the 'peaceful protesters' and has only recently been co-opted by the police themselves to instigate violence.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dude, sometimes you just make me shake my head.

If you were around in 1775, you would be the Weasel running to the British saying " I think those guys are up to something"

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You are falling prey to the CIA/FBI tactics, sir. They routinely dress up in black and smash windows to discredit the VAST majority of peaceful protesters. It's well documented.

edit on 7-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Video 3 showed it can be done. Why doesn’t that happen every time?

It's only happened a few times, mostly in Oakland... I wonder if that's why the two split eh? This isn't rocket science.

WELL WELL WELLLLL….the truth comes out!! I knew you had it in you!! Black Bloc isn’t a GROUP it’s a tactic used by OWS!!!!! THANK YOU!

Stop being a child. Occupy does use the tactic for anonymity not for violence, or did you not watch the video closely where people in black cloths and covering their faces also tried to stop people from smashing windows. Playing dumb and acting incapable of discernment is a very low form of debate.

A black bloc is a tactic for protests and marches whereby individuals wear black clothing, scarves, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other face-concealing items.[1][2] The clothing is used to conceal marchers' identities, allow them to appear as one large unified mass, and promote solidarity.

wiki

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

A black bloc is a tactic for protests and marches whereby individuals wear black clothing, scarves, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other face-concealing items.

When used in the plural, black blocs refers to groups who have adopted the tactic.

Black bloc

Honestly, they wouldn't stand a chance, at Tea Party Rally.

why is that?

something we should know about the tendencies of Tea Party members?

:-)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Do you believe Blac Bloc tactics could infiltrate a Tea Party Rally ? Why hasn't Blac Bloc Tactics been used at ANY Tea Party Rallies ?

Serious question......

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To me it seems like flags are another tool used to polarize people - make them seek out differences between themselves and other humans instead of looking for the similarities, which are more numerous. In some parts of the world our US flag is an evil symbol of imperialism. But our government does rotten things domestically so that now our own citizens view the flag as an evil symbol as well. I also believe that any time to destruct the blue wall of silence is a good time, the police are nearly out of control with power psychosis.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayworld

Unfortunately the warning words of Dwight D. Eisenhower (sp) about guarding Americas freedom by limiting the power of the Military Industrial complex and the puppet masters ruling the masses have fallen on deaf ears. America is run by slave masters and the masses are brainwashed slaves who believe the propaganda spread by the 'authorities'. Don't kid yourself by thinking you know the truth of matters without spending any time doing independent research.

It is a complete logical fallacy to suggest that I am somehow ignoring the warnings and the problems of our country simply because I will not burn trash cans, throw bottles at police and destroy property in the name of Occupy.

Absolutely ridiculous! EPIC FAIL!

Everything society does involves a conspiracy (look up the real meaning of the word).

You do realize I’m a member of ATS, no?

You are a military man, you might know a bit about military strategy, everything the military does involves secrecy, deception, and force. Your superiors don't want you to think, they want you to exercise their orders without question. You may have even believed in flying reindeer and Santa until you put the evidence into the mix. Now you are ready to hate and kill your own citizens for thinking for excising their right of free speech and civil disobedience - that is what America was founded upon. Freedom, not blind slavery is what you should be fighting for, anything less is treason buddy.

Where did you get all of this? I never said I was ready to kill anybody!!

I disagree with the tactics used by Occupy. I disagree with many of the demands of Occupy. I’m calling for them to STOP this INSANITY before we have real problems. If Martial Law was to happen it would likely be a result of Occupy's behavior.

I support their 1st amendment rights. Please show me how the 1st amendment protects their right to do any of the things I’ve described (burning trash cans, assaulting police, destroying property, OCCUPYING public land, vandalizing property, etc). I'll wait!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Double

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join