It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leech found in Salem County may be scientific breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hiya folks, we dont have a forum here for new species or anything, so I thought I'd better post this in the cryptids threads, tho this animal is actually a new species of land dwelling leech found in the good ole USA.

Unfortunatley there are no pics of the newly discovered creature, but this is a great find for some1 who isnt a naturist or some form of biologist.
Heres the link......thank god I live in the UK......foot long leeches....eeeuuurgh! hehehehe

Oh and to get an idea of size, this guy thought at first he had found a small snake lol

When she saw the segmented ink-black thing twisting through her husband's hands, she put it in a glass bowl with rocks and water. Then she identified it as a leech.

www.courierpostonline.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Creepy yet interesting.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting that it was not found in some exotic loacation, but in someone's backyard.

When I think of new species, I think of the heart of the Amazon rain-forest, or the depths of the ocean. It makes you wonder what else is out there...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
the article says its from south jersy, which is largly swamps and pine barrens. the jersy devil is supposed to live there too.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thank god I don't live there anymore!

top topics

join