It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women be crazy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

There is a great book that explains how men and women communicate differently. It has a pop title but is based on a scientific study, and is a very interesting read. Men communicate for status and women communicate for intimacy.

It is called: You Just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation.

www.amazon.com...

Here is a great example from the book:

A married couple was in a car when the wife turned to her husband and asked, "Would you like to stop for a coffee?"

"No, thanks," he answered truthfully. So they didn't stop.

The result? The wife, who had indeed wanted to stop, became annoyed because she felt her preference had not been considered. The husband, seeing his wife was angry, became frustrated. Why didn't she just say what she wanted?

Unfortunately, he failed to see that his wife was asking the question not to get an instant decision, but to begin a negotiation. And the woman didn't realize that when her husband said no, he was just expressing his preference, not making a ruling. When a man and woman interpret the same interchange in such conflicting ways, it's no wonder they can find themselves leveling angry charges of selfishness and obstinacy at each other.

linky

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
True.. that just means we have to work harder at it! And because of that... there's a bit of respect. I love working around guys and since my chosen field is mainly mechanics and electrical, I've gotten a bit of good natured joking on the matter of measurements.... so when an old hand told me the trick with the dollar bill, I really felt like I got a handle on just about any situation. Whenever I have to measure something and no one has a tape measure, out comes a dollar! It helps to judge distance, measure a length, mark off electrical wire... just about anything that comes up.

Perhaps it helps that for some strange reason, I don't think like most women. I have rather have men as friends, since I can't seem to navigate the mine field of double edged complements, candy coated venom, and outright backstabbing that the females around here seem to thrive on. If a guy doesn't like you, he tells you, to your face. Men are far easier to read to me. I know... I'm strange.
edit on 3-7-2012 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

only cause the previous woman drove us to it. lol

it's a never ending cycle

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
You think women are crazy?

What about the dumb mother fu@#ers who decide to marry them?

Now that's crazy ....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
We women may be crazy........

........but you men drove us to it.

Millions of years of evolution and they still don't comprehend the concept of accountability..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why is it whenever a guy gets dissed by a female we are crazy and they have to share it on here?

Did you ever think that maybe YOU are the problem and not women?

I don't know why people make understanding the other sex difficult, it really isn't that difficult.

There are both crazy men AND women in this world, not just women.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
women are crazy like a fox they know how to use what nature gave them to drive us men to do things we would never do other wise .If it wasnt for women when would we take out the trash or mow the yard and how often would we bath or shave.
I may get into trouble for my answer but we all know there is truth in what i say.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
the social construct pulls the strings of certain genders in certain ways.

True, but there are men and women out there who aren't dictated by social constructs. When that's the case, it's makes the whole process of being together a lot easier.

If that is the case though, and you both like each other enough, you will find a way to be together.

Love knows no boundaries.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Women are not crazy, they are beautiful creatures!

Especially when they are silent and naked!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join