It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever have a crush with a girl but never have the chance to be with her? If so what's the r

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Have you ever have a crush with a girl but never have the chance to be with her? If so what's the reason?

I'll start with mine: When I was in tenth grade there was this girl (she was in Senior Year) I met that later became my friend. Throughout our friendship even though we don't hang out a lot I get this weird feeling when I was with her. It was not until later when I realized that I was in love with her but it was by then already too late. Before she departed for college she give me her contact info that I eventually lost by accident. To do this day I wonder why I didn't realize I was in love with her until after she left? And even if I have realized I was in love I would still cannot be with her due to her boyfriend. I sometimes wonder why can't I be with her? After all she seems to be the right girl for me ( I have a crush on her because her quietness and intelligence and she sticks out from the crowd. most of the girls I've met r a bit too pushy for my taste) While thinking about this it saddens me but at the same time I have to let things go.
edit on 30-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Yup, I have. The reason is I don't have money for date that is why she never mine. Besides I am not handsome.

edit on 30-6-2012 by antioligarchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by antioligarchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yep, She's one of my best friends, Were crap apart but we'll probably be really bad in a relationship

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Of course, it used to happen to me all the time in college. I would hang out with girls as friends and eventually develop crushes on them some of the time. But the ones I liked never liked me back - although there are some other occasions that were a bit different, for example, two girls I really liked I accidentally introduced to the men they would eventually marry. I don't feel that bad about that, though, seeing as they are the only two married couples I know out of everyone my age.

There were probably more occasions of girls liking me and not getting reciprocation, though, I know that was the case with two of my friends for sure. We talked about it.

Nowadays, things are a bit different - I base who I like on how laid back they are, if they have similar interests to me, that kind of thing. I've been doing some online dating and I am kind of picky - a lot of girls are too serious for me. One had three nursing jobs and only came home to sleep, another was a nurse with no hobbies except for watching "Friends" over and over again in a messy house with dogs everywhere, etc.

There of course is also a problem with me - I am just getting started being independent after college. I live with my parents and am looking for a steady job (I have some side jobs), although I do have a car, it is a bit limiting. I should be moving out soon.

I would recommend spending time with whatever girls you meet, it is always worthwhile, and if you like them, just spend time with them doing something in common or talk to them. It's pretty simple, really.

This is a bit cheesy but I had trouble with this for a while - if you have trouble thinking of things to talk about, just think of the girl as someone you want to get get know and learn as much as you can about. That should give you a good start.
edit on 30-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Most of us seemingly normal males go through this with the exception of some lucky bastards who did get the girl. Lol. I've had a crush on this girl who I am sure liked me but she had a boyfriend and it was just a complicated time in my life with school. Dude ended up giving her a child and has always been cheating on her but I guess that's how it goes. I've been holding on to that pain ever since thinking if I had just gained the courage and balls to steal her. There was this other girl who liked me but I really didn't feel anyway about her. Guess she is going through the same thing because we don't talk anymore. The next girl I meet who makes me feel the way that one did is not going to get out of my sight for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I had a crush once when I was 16. Kept telling myself I was going to marry her. Had all the same feelings as you do. We were friends for about 5 years and I finally told her the truth and she never talked to me again. I questioned all the time and to this day wonder where she might be. I have found someone now that I have even stronger feelings for than I have ever felt. Maybe she just isn't the one set out for you or maybe she is. Maybe in a year or sooner they break up and she finds you on facebook or something. Never know
Just have to stay strong and have faith!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Insearch89

The girl that I have a crush seems to like me. I just decided not to pursue relationship just to make her happy. Besides another problem she is in New York (She told me before she left) and I'm on LA which makes the problem all the more complicated since long distance relationship doesn't go so far
edit on 30-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
in grade 10 on the first day I met a beautiful girl who got her locker next to mine and tried to talk to me every day etc..
it was too good to be true in some ways, we were like a perfect genetic match, she lived down the street, on and on.
I liked her secretly but never made any move cause of the situation I found myself at the time, my house had a fire and I lost everything I owned and I was living in a hotel literally a week before we met.
I was not a man for her, it wasn't my time.
a year or 2 later, in between sometime, I find out that she was deeply infatuated with me. I felt it at the start, when I first met her. anyways, by the time I had grown out of my emotional despair and back onto my feet she was gone.
i'm not sure if it was the right choice, I sort of denied my first love to save her from my temporily depressed self, cause at the start she wanted to talk on the phone during the night, she held my hand, but I was a wreck..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I wonder what happens if you did went out with her during your depressed state?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I use to go into this resturant when I was younger after a night of partying to get some grub.
There was this smokin waitress working there, and she was always soooo damn flirty with me and nice. I thought for sure she was into me.

Then I went there sober and realized that she is like that with everyone, to get tips.

Oh well.

I know this girl right now, I like her but I don't know if it is a "Crush" maybe more lust. But I want to ask her out for a drink, but I cant seem to muster up the courage. It am getting annoyed with myself. It seems like I have gotten shyer since I finished school.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by yourmaker

I wonder what happens if you did went out with her during your depressed state?

I had two assumptions, in retrospect, she would have brought me out of it much quicker to the point I would've been able to move out and get a job etc...

in the moment then I thought I would've brought her down with me and possibly even made the entire situation worse if she had dumped me while still emotionally unstable because of it.

edit on 30-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I am married to one woman but completely in love with another. My marraige is bad and I have come to realize it may have led me to where I am today for a reason. I see the girl a few times a week and everytime I see her my feelings grow stronger. At first I passed it off as infatuation because she is incredibly beautiful but as time grows on I realize it's not just her beauty that I am attracted to, but her as a person. She has two beautiful little girls and has been delt a bad hand by her ex and it kills me to see the crap he puts her through. My intuition tells me she has similar feelings but I cannot be for sure. As always I will follow my gut no matter where it leads me.

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yep i have, reason being my crush turned out to be gay!!!

Fancied her all through school, she was a bit of a tomboy but very attractive, good at sports too, so yeah, she was my crush all the way through school. Asked her out once, but she said no.

Met up again years later in Germany when i was in the army, we had a great night out but when i asked again, she said no.

Kept in touch, and i broached the subject a couple of times, but there was never much of a reaction.

Years later, back in the UK, she phoned me to say could we meet up for a drink as she was passing through on the way to see her parents. When i got to the pub, she said she was on her way to tell her parents that she was gay, had known since school and that she had a girlfriend!!!

She could have told me ten years earlier!

CX.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
From the site stats:

Total member accounts: 263,987
Members who have posted: 145,319
Percentage of members who have posted: 55 %

That middle number is how many responses you should get to your question, if you catch my meaning.

It's something we've all been through. You'd probably get 145,000 different reasons as well.

Me? When I was 15. Reason? Too shy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Text Blue

Well, I did had a Middle School crush on this one woman and join the Football team because she was a cheerleader. I was one of the guys who was to themselves and avoid all clicks of groups. I even like her in High School. I had butterflies in my stomach every-time I see her or got near her. I never got the chance to talk to her or show her my interests. Later in life I found her on Facebook, told her that I had a crush on her even though she had a kid and married or divorce. She never replied back. That's a lesson to learn that "Never believe love is by first site". Let true love find you in your darkest hour of life of stop looking. That's why I stop looking and can care a less.

top topics

join