It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red eyes in the dark? Help me identify please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The only two mammals we have here in the UK that I could imagine causing that are a fox or a badger. Badgers are less agile than foxes and you probably would have spotted or heard him scuffling away. My vote is on fox, if you live in the country you'll have them around you - and an adult fox standing on it's hind legs with it's front legs perched on the fence could definitely be 4' high.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
this sounds like the same creature that stumbled on my friend here in toronto, canada, he was walking his dog and then he saw something huge with red eyes staring at him and he just #in ran, he said it might have been a skunk ape or something along those lines.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
this sounds like the same creature that stumbled on my friend here in toronto, canada, he was walking his dog and then he saw something huge with red eyes staring at him and he just #in ran, he said it might have been a skunk ape or something along those lines.
That sounds pretty cool lol, but i live in the UK in a place called moorends, doncaster theres alot of freaky things here but the worst is the big black cats but there eyes glow green

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

It wasnt a dog and i wouldnt argue with saying it was a fox at all ive seen them before in the dark when ive shined a light at them but there eyes glow a pinky colour this thing in the garden was bright red eyes. Ive just looked in his garden and the only thing that is around where i noticed it looking at me is a few rasberry bushes and 4-5 conifers

Radioactive raspberries? They would probably glow red in the dark!

Only joking, if it wasn't a fox then I am stumped. Keep a torch handy near your back door so if you see it again, you can bust some light on the situation and know for sure. Have a camera handy too.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by suitcasey
The only two mammals we have here in the UK that I could imagine causing that are a fox or a badger. Badgers are less agile than foxes and you probably would have spotted or heard him scuffling away. My vote is on fox, if you live in the country you'll have them around you - and an adult fox standing on it's hind legs with it's front legs perched on the fence could definitely be 4' high.

To be fair, there are thousands of foxes in towns and cities in the UK. I see them regularly at night and I live in a very built up area. I would go so far as to say that there are probably more foxes in urban areas than there are in rural areas.

They follow the food and urban areas have a lot more scraps of food to munch on than the countryside. Also, more and more people are keeping Chickens in urban areas. Regularly they are pwned by foxes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A few years ago, my then partner and I were watching a late night horror film, and the second it finished he was up the stairs and in bed so fast his feet hardly touched the floor.
Seconds later I was almost to the top of the stairs when I heard the loudest, blood-curdling scream coming from the bedroom where my partner was already in bed. I hurried in and turned on the light, his face was as white as chalk and he stuttered that he'd seen two red laser-like eyes staring at him in the dark, from the corner of the room.
I turned the light off again and looked toward the corner of the room and sure enough two red, glowing 'eyes' looked back at me. I turned the light back on immediately, and noticed that the two laser-red eyes were actually the red 'stand-by' neons on the tv and dvd player in the corner of the room.

Your OP reminded me of my two red eyes 'incident'. Not the same as yours I know, but just thought I'd share anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
A few years ago, my then partner and I were watching a late night horror film, and the second it finished he was up the stairs and in bed so fast his feet hardly touched the floor.
Seconds later I was almost to the top of the stairs when I heard the loudest, blood-curdling scream coming from the bedroom where my partner was already in bed. I hurried in and turned on the light, his face was as white as chalk and he stuttered that he'd seen two red laser-like eyes staring at him in the dark, from the corner of the room.
I turned the light off again and looked toward the corner of the room and sure enough two red, glowing 'eyes' looked back at me. I turned the light back on immediately, and noticed that the two laser-red eyes were actually the red 'stand-by' neons on the tv and dvd player in the corner of the room.

Your OP reminded me of my two red eyes 'incident'. Not the same as yours I know, but just thought I'd share anyway.
Lol you got my hopes up then thinking you had seen something that i could of

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You may have seen seen Springheel Jack he has been signted recently in Surrey .Where in the UK are you?

www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Im in doncaster, south yorkshire. What is a spring heeled jack? all i can find on google is a hoax in the 1800's

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Spring heel Jack was never been proven to be a hoax there is a thread on here about him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ok thanks
well last night i was stood in the same place and it felt like i was being watched so i ran into the corner with a flashlight to see if i could find anything but there was nothing around

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok i didnt know there was sightings starting in sheffield im only a few miles from there

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It is hard to say without getting a sense of the space between the eyes but it reminds me of my nighttime run in with an opossum peering at me over our wooden stockade fence of my childhood home when I was a teenager. They are good climbers and their whole body up on the fence in dim light gives the impression of one large demonic looking face.

Other creatures with glowing eyes that would roughy match a grown man's gaze would be deer, but in my experience in the light of a bright LED flashlight beam they glow green. I saw a bunch of glowing green eyes staring back at me deep in the woods one night when I went to walk my dog. They did look like one might imagine space aliens to look. I could just make out glowing eyes but for some reason the powerful beam of the flashlight didn't do much to reveal the deer's bodies. But I'm sure they were deer because deer always leave enough proof of their passage when you go back to look in the light of day. I saw plenty of deer scat and hoof prints the next day.

As for shadow beings, believe me or don't, it makes no difference to me, but my dog and I ran across two of those one night. They are just that, deep black shadows. No glowing eyes to speak of, at least not in my sighting. One passed right between me and my dog and despite an appearance of mass and an appearance of substance that absorbs all available light, it gave no other sign of having actual substance. The phenomenon was purely a visual one. The dog reacted and tracked it visually for a moment but the thing moved supernaturally fast. if the dog had not been there and reacted, I'd be happy to say I must have just had some sort of visual glitch in the porch light. The dog's reaction is all I've got to go on to make me think I saw one of those things so often talked about here on ATS. I've had other sightings along with other witnesses of similar things in another location in other circumstances. I doubt I'll ever know for sure what these things are. I doubt they even can be boiled down to one explanation. Some people claim to see hatted figures that speak and gesture. I don't know. I'm just tired of being stuck walking the dog in a creepy wooded lot at night. When this dog croaks, that's it, I'm done with dogs!

<< 1   >>

join