It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas hotel shut down, possible Legionnaires' case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

DALLAS -- The water supply at the SuperMedia Hotel and Conference Center in Dallas has been shut off due to a possible outbreak of Legionnaires.

As a precautionary measure, hotel management has shut down the entire facility located in the 2200 block of West Airfield Drive until testing is completed.

A person who was staying at SuperMedia went to the hospital and was diagnosed with Legionnaires' Disease. That individual was treated and released from a local hospital.

Scotland now Dallas, TX in a matter of days. Coincidence or just a case of news reports due to similar news being reported? i.e. A shark attack gets reported, seemingly reports begin to flood in alluding to what may appear to be an anomalous event, what I like to call "faddish news reports".

Or, is it something else entirely and possibly more sinister in nature?

Source Article: Dallas hotel shut down, possible Legionnaires' case

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is there any indication that this report traveled from Scotland?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Coincidence or just a case of news reports due to similar news being reported?

Wikipedia says...

There are about 8,000 to 18,000 cases of Legionnaires’ disease each year in the United States...

and

Between 1995 and 2005 over 32,000 cases of Legionnaires' disease and more than 600 outbreaks were reported to the European Working Group...

So this *ONE* individual who was treated and then released from hospital probably wouldnt be worth a news story on a normal day.

link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Only 2 cases mentioned thus far?

It is the time of year that Air-conditioning would most certainly be used in Texas.

I'm guessing that the Legionnaire's case is related to the Air-conditioning, and that this place probably needs to be re-furbished, especially it is close in proximity to what appears to be stagnant bodies of water, Good for them to shut it down!:

Check this out:

www.acc-supermediaconferencecenter.com...

Just another isolated incident, I suspect, and I hope.

link   
That's crazy!

Especially since both the Countries are so far apart! It'd be strange if there was even the slightest possibility of a connection!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I concur

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Is there any indication that this report traveled from Scotland?

Only if there is postal evidence of the report being put in an envelope and sent recorded delivery...

Sorry, couldn't resist it..no offence.. just check what you type before posting

Does seem a bit odd that we've now got two seperate outbreaks of legionaires... not that that is massively unusual.. coincidence possibly.. it could be a case of cross contamination.. we have no idea if somebody traveled from one place to the other..

I say, let's just keep our ears and eyes open for further cases and see if we got a problem here..
I really don't know what's going on with the world this year.. if it's not one thing, it's another.. finances, wars, earthquakes, banks, airports running out fuel.. disease.. blimey.. it goes on..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I do not know, I was thinking an infected person in Scotland got on an airplane and flew to TX.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yeah i did realise what you meant..and yes there is that possibility.

I'd hope that it wasn't like that and both are just part of the normal 'average' as quoted in a post above us..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The up side to Legionnaires' is it is not contagious from human to human contact, that is, if I read correctly. As long as you don't breathe whilst in the shower, whilst in an air conditioned space, or whilst otherwise exposed to droplets of water vapor that could be contaminated and you could inhale you should be fine

edit on 6/6/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

top topics

join