It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of High School Graduation Issues - It Really has Come to This

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I'm not suprised. You see, the liberals run the schools. And liberals are all about fairness. I mean, what if one student didn't get cheered for, or received "fewer" cheers than another student. That wouldn't be fair, now would it!? So the net result is to punish those who are successful and bring them down to the level of the failures. That way we can all be failures together.

Gotta love the liberal mindset!

What i find most hilarious is that you can pin an act like this on Liberalism! Whatever drugs you're on, i want some!

And to keep on topic, America... WTF???

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

It is easy to pin everything on a liberal mindset. Obviously the liberals are CLEARLY better at government than Neo-cons. EVERYTHING is a liberal mindset according to them. Why don't we see any non-liberal poicies? Apparently because gop'ers cant govern and Libs can.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

It is easy to pin everything on a liberal mindset. Obviously the liberals are CLEARLY better at government than Neo-cons. EVERYTHING is a liberal mindset according to them. Why don't we see any non-liberal poicies? Apparently because gop'ers cant govern and Libs can.

CJ

To be fair, Neo-cons are even more liberal than the liberals, so when we insult "liberals" it includes the Neo-cons, LOL!

I work with a Neo-con. He hates Obama, loves his religion, and think the government needs more authority to do all kinds of stuff. Not very conservative if you ask me. Sounds more liberal than anything else.

Real Conservatives hate the Neo-cons even more than we hate the liberals. In fact, we agree with the majority of liberal stances, because we want more personal freedom and responsibility, which means things like certain herbs, and prostitution, and abortion, and gay marriage should all be legal! That is a TRULY CONSERVATIVE outlook, because it limits government intrusion. Anyone who says otherwise is a Neo-con.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. I just laugh when the lib statements come up as if democrats have been running the country and there have not been republicans at the helm too. Both have been there - why is it the "liberal" agenda seems so much more in play? I can only deduce they are better politicians.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Your brother hugged the university president? That's unusual and highly suspect. He should have been arrested and booked on felony assault, disturbing the peace, and possible drug use.

His home should be searched for drug paraphernalia, family and friends should also be brought in for questioning.

Everyone knows that in America, you're supposed to be a miserable and compliant pushover slave. If you're not, then that's grounds for a police beating and possible prison time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Hugged, and picked up off his feet! After being previously warned not to, and with 10,000 cameras full of evidence, and with cheering family out in the crowd.

He should be in Gitmo by now, he is obviously a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It`s usually the family and friends of the graduates who just barely passed with D `s who are the ones that do the most yelling, cheering and carrying on. maybe they should just start mailing people their diploma`s and not bother with all the pomp and circumstance?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So you have no problem with the police arresting people who cheer their kids at graduation? Wow.

I have a problem with rude and obnoxious people who can't follow simple rules YES!

This past weekend I sat next to a mom at my son's lacrosse tournament who screamed at the top of her lungs in a most sad way - mostly at her own kid but it was really inappropriate. At one point she turned and looked at me and said, "I bet you didn't know the loudest mom around would sit next to you." and laughed before screaming more at her child about how lazy he was. Although she made it uncomfortable for several people, I would never have thought she didn't have a right to make an ass out of herself.

edit on 5-6-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Comparing a sporting event to a graduation is like comparing apples to oranges. You aren't told to keep it to a minimum at a sporting even for heavens sake. A graduation is a completely different situation!!

ANY graduation I have ever attended people are told to keep their applause and cheering til the end so they can get through each students name. With this loud mouth parent I wonder how many other parents didnt get to hear their kids name because she was too loud. It's as simple as that. She was being rude and disrespectful to the entire graduating class. She was already told to be quiet and she obviously felt the rules didn't apply to her. It's called disorderly conduct and guess what you can be arrested for it! I dont care that it was a graduation, she was told to keep it down and she didnt listen so therefore she was breaking the law and being rude.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

How exactly is cheering for your son or daughter for 20 seconds "hurting" you? God forbid the ceremony goes an extra 15 minutes. How many graduations does one attend in their lifetime? 3? 4? One hour, cumulitive, out of your lifetime due to excessive cheering. And this should be a crime in your eyes.

To have police in the crowd of an event to watch over parents who may loudly clap and yell for a half a minute is a waste of money. The fact is, arresting someone for being exuberant is silly. No one has been injured in any way. Slightly inconvenienced and embarrased a little, yes.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join