It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested for choking teenaged bully

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As a parent of a couple of teenagers, I feel for this woman. My daughter is a target because she is a highly attractive young lady and some of her fellow female high schoolers don't like that fact. Thank goodness she keeps to herself and is a straight A student.

The Florida mom arrested for choking a boy who bullied her daughter on Facebook admits she "lost it" when she put her hands around the boy's neck in the middle of a mall while her daughter watched. "I said, 'Stop saying things about my daughter on Facebook,' and I did use some expletives, and I was told that he wasn't going to stop and he didn't have to stop," Debbie Piscitella said today on " Good Morning America." "So I lost it. I really, really did. "I lost my temper," she said." "I wish it would have been another route I had taken. I don't go around doing that to children. I don't want to sound like I'm a huge monster."

Florida mom arrested for choking bully

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't advocate crime nor do I like violence against children but a bully is a bully. The cops didn't want to do anything to help her now the mom will probably pay the price because she acted as a vigilante.

She lost her temper after she told the bully to stop bullying her daughter but he basically told her to go frig herself so mom lost her temper (wrong move) and did what she felt she had to do.

Mom arrested for handling bully

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
She should tell the truth(that she isn't sorry and the jerk deserved it and so do his parents), and demand a jury trial on any charges. There are many more parents who would sympathize with her for doing this. I put my kids in Aikido and told them to never be afraid to defend themselves. As for the FB crap, sue facebook for permitting the activity. I bet that puts a stop to that crap ASAP.
edit on 4-6-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My ex-girlfriend was a busty redhead. I do have a particular weakness for them, I will admit. They're usually fantastic in bed, but the downside is that all that really proves, is that a temper can still have positive uses.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I understand why she did it and i bet alot of people would like to but it was completely uncalled for.

She is a grown women and couldn't out wit a teenage boy?
She could of used words to humiliate the kid and would of walked out of there without being arrested.
Or why not talk to the kids parents if she is that upset about what he is doing.
i feel sorry for her but she has now made it alot worse for her daughter. As now the kid has a psycho mom who likes to choke kids.
Sadly it seems american schools are the worst in the devolved world. more so when it comes to stopping bullying

ETA: This thread will probably be closed since there is another one about this

edit on 4-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The modern world protects 'trolls' and liars. What kept them in check in the past was fear of physical retribution, but with that now long gone, people (and kids) who have a mind to be a complete pest have near free reign to do as they please, as long as they don't get into civil litigation or criminal territory.

I can empathize with the mother, especially when you're trying to protect your children.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Stupid bitch

What does she think would happen? That she become famous in a good way? A Hero?

So, the daughter got 'bullied' over Facebook, which means in a non-personal way, just with words. The mother went into bitch-mode and started a physical attack.

First of all: If you can't handle some idiot saying crap on a #ing website, how can you cope with life? It will throw even bigger stones in your way that just some words.
The mother then gives a bad example as a human being, first firing back with words, then getting physical, thinking that's good. As far as i know were not in the dark ages.

Second: Does she really get pushed in a good light for this? Humanity is sick

Third: This 'bullying' crap is going too far. What happened 20-30-40 years ago, when bullying was real and physical and not just words? I wonder how people survived all this because back then there wasn't the crap media jumping on everything and making a sensation out of it. "Oh yeah, Bullying is soooooo evil".

Why do people become more and more pussified and emo?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You can't go laying hands on people.
That's not the right way to do things.
You meet force with equal force.

That being said. Go to the school and tell them the story along with screen shots of what's going on.
I imagine that things are being taken more seriously now.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

LOL - there are worse things in this world then a bullied kid to have the reputation that the mom is psycho!

I, myself am well known to Jamaican drug dealers who tried to recruit my 14 year old daughter as "psycho-mom". And if everyone wants to know, they didn't get her!

The mom will be given a slap on the wrist. The kid will be protected by the mom's reputation. I would pay the price about 50 times over myself.

Way to go MOM!

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sadly, she had already gone to the authorities but they told her there was nothing they could do. So, she took matters into her own hands and that is where she is now.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Maybe the mother was stepping outside of her rights to defend her daughter, but I can understand where she is coming from. I hope the little bastard learned his lesson. Someone needed to smack that kid, obviously his own parents aren't doing a good job. I don't condone beating kids or anything, but sometimes a good smack on the butt is needed to help an idea penetrate the skull.

I also hope the mother assaulting the boy doesn't prevent them from pursuing harassment charges against the boy should his comments warrant it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85"Oh yeah, Bullying is soooooo evil".

Why do people become more and more pussified and emo?

Ok well you obviously haven't been to school in a while or haven't had a heart in awhile.
But bullying is devastating especially when it happens at such a young age where you just trying to build up your confidence and figure stuff out. Bullying is evil and words do hurt. Why don't you post a picture of yourself and let everyone here pick on your insecurities. As a grown up it probably wouldn't bother you as much. But as a teenager and especially a girl you know it would effect you, if you can't admit that then i would have to think your a troll.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is one of the biggest things I can't stand about today's society, is that a person can say anything they want and antagonize another person all to hell and back but you can't do anything back to them in retaliation.

It's horse patties.

A person should have the right to defend themselves against someone who is antagonizing them in any way they can. That person is hurting you first and many times the only way to stop another person from hurting you is to hurt that person back. They will never shut up ebcause there is no recourse to shut them down. I really wish there were. I really wish society would teach people that it's not okay to talk crap about people and there will be repercussions for it.

If I were the judge I'd throw this case out of court and encourage the mom to sue the kid and the school and FB the parents for libel and anything else.

It should not be okay for someone else to talk all kinds of junk and antagonize another person all to hell and back. They should be taught self control and common respect. If you don't like someone you should just leave them alone.

I too, am sick and tired of control freaks and self entitled buttholes.

I miss common courtesy and the old saying "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all".

This is one of many reasons why I don't use Facebook myself. Or go to sites where bullying people is encouraged.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My daughter is 7... so, not much to worry about yet.

If all I do is a choke a lil' B@$TARD for harrasing my daughter, that means he got off easy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good, sometimes you got to choke these little bastards. I say let her go, she did what her parents were too neglectful to do. Whatever happened to parenting?

That's why we have a country full of whining babies that cry whenever they don't get their way.

reply to post by Jaellma

Watching the daughters facial expressions though I don't think she is completely innocent either, shes got a look of hiding guilt on her face if you ask me. Also, those tears are fake.

Nobody is innocent here, this is a bunch of drama queens and bullies arguing over who's right and who's wrong.
edit on 4-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Agree with you 100%.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

You meet force with equal force.

No. You meet force with overwhelming force. You do 1,000,000 times more damage than the original attacker did. This shows that you are serious and not to be trifled with. Yamamoto bombed pearl harbor. Doolittle bombed Tokyo. Did that end the war with Japan? No. Overwhelming force was necessary. Many examples can be shown throughout history. Only PC wimps meet force with equal force.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
probally blew all chances of getting that kid that was bullying her kid.....and i dont know Florida law but usualy when you choke some one in a fight you could potentaly face attempted murder charges if the da is feeling vindictive and as she is an adult assaulting/battery of a minor(generally viewed as worse then "verbal bullying") is a pretty serious charge in of its own

www.assaultandbattery.org...

answers.yahoo.com...

not to mention Facebook has this wonderful feature that lets you block people from contacting you so kinda takes some of her argument away as all her child had to do was block the bully on fb (in no way defending the bullying just saying mom screwed the pooch on this one) basicly just gave all the ammo to the kid she choked infront of a bunch of witnesses....
abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=8688015
edit on 4-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

www.bullypolice.org...
and floridas anti bullying law for people if they were interested and from skimming it(didnt real the whole thing as legalese hurts my brain) but it seems from my limited understanding that its only bullying or a school issue if they used school computers or happend on school property but i could very likely be wrong

new topics

top topics

join