It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here from Syria/ Been to Syria/ Have overwhelming evidence about Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am sick of seeing everyone believe what the West is saying about Syria when we are yet to see real evidence backing up the claims.
I don't doubt that it could be true but I know that I have been lied to by the same people about similar things multiple times.
Why would I believe them again?

Is anyone here from Syria and could you please share your experiences of Syria and knowledge about the situation.
Likewise anyone who has been there or perhaps has links to legitimate evidence for either side of the story.

Frankly I find it much more likely that the government is fighting a terrorist group then killing its own people, especially because we just saw the exact same think happen in Libya just a few months ago.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

You are wise for keeping an open mind. My parents were born there and we are in constant communication with family. The population is fully behind president Assad. I don't care what the media says or the CIA disinformation kooks on this board post. Everything the American viewer sees about Syria is absolute bs. Muslims and Christians live in harmony sided by side in Syria. The insurgents president Assad is capturing and killing are thugs from other countries paid by CIA and Mossad. They think Syria is going to be a pushover, think again.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

You are wise for keeping an open mind. My parents were born there and we are in constant communication with family. The population is fully behind president Assad. I don't care what the media says or the CIA disinformation kooks on this board post. Everything the American viewer sees about Syria is absolute bs. Muslims and Christians live in harmony sided by side in Syria. The insurgents president Assad is capturing and killing are thugs from other countries paid by CIA and Mossad. They think Syria is going to be a pushover, think again.

If what you say is true then it is exactly like Libya.
There has certainly been no real evidence to back up their claims.
As much as I would love to share your view, I think that Syria will be easy. Whoever is doing this is a MASTER at it and will probably get their way eventually.

Thanks for sharing.. Do you have any evidence tho?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Evidence for pro Assad.

www.abc.net.au...

www.rt.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
for proof www.youtube.com...

another is

also the translation of the stated goal of the group fighting Assad is thus...

It is time to come back home and rule the Syrian Muslim people who live under the umbrella of the secular regime that supports and protects the principles of tolerance, and guarantees the freedom of thinking and embracing whatever belief the people choose. Such a freedom was the main reason that made the other non-Muslim sects of the Syrian people able to step forward and have a rank and a good contribution in the Syrian life, and also share the wealth with the Muslims on their own land.

It is time for us to come back and force all the other non-Muslim sects to shrink and step back. These sects are the infidel Christians, the criminal Alawites and the infidel Druzes.

It is time for us to come back and rule Syria under the name of Allah – the lord of all lords – and his holy Quran, and to impose the Islamic principles on all who oppose us without discrimination.

truthsyria.wordpress.com...

The person who runs the truth about syria site is Syrian. It must be known, that all refugees from all the countries have been aided by Syria, anyone who is a refugee from the wars goes to Syria... the country has been open to ALL refugees, therefore all sects and all peoples find safety there.

I was one who went through Syria, when I escaped my country I went straight to Syria, I can tell you It IS secular, and has all sects in safety there, many Christians live there, many Ismailis and Druze and Alawiyyah and Shia too. Everyone regardless gets to live with religious tolerance and religious freedom... it is a wonderful place, one of the few places of saftey for many many peoples... if the muslim brotherhood gets control this will be gone for everyone...

I do not know what else to say.

edit on 28-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Wow... what the heck! We have two people in here, one who claims to have family inside Syria and another who has apparently used Syria as an escape route to safer lands and this thread is dead! Seriously... this didn't catch anyone's eyes or was it intentionally buried like other info usually is?

Thanks for the info Solar and Opinionated. Any updates now that the fighting is intensifying in Damascus Solar?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I was there in Deraa when the civil disturbances started.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Wow... what the heck! We have two people in here, one who claims to have family inside Syria and another who has apparently used Syria as an escape route to safer lands and this thread is dead! Seriously... this didn't catch anyone's eyes or was it intentionally buried like other info usually is?

Thanks for the info Solar and Opinionated. Any updates now that the fighting is intensifying in Damascus Solar?
I agree 88. All we see and hear on MSM is that Assad needs to leave and let western democracy take over. What does Syria have that TPTB want? Surely the fighting cant be solely for the purpose of the Muslim Brotherhood to take over the government. Also i agree OP that it is strikingly similar to the fighting in Libya , and look how that turned out.
Another speech by H. Clinton trying to convince people to approve a resolution and overthrow the Assad regime and bring on democracy (for them, not Syria). With a little bit of Hitler thrown in for comparison.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
deny ignorance or what ?????????????? throw a little batman and a little theatre together and ......oh how soon we forget the real issues, shame on tptb for sidetracking us once again ...................lest we forget

edit on 27-7-2012 by scratcher because: pigs on the wing
no disrespect to our lost love ones i pray for you all every day.
edit on 27-7-2012 by scratcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I believe if you are looking for the truth and a true Syrian perspetive, the youtube channel, 108Morris108, is what you are looking for. I will link the latest video from today(Morris talking to a resident of Aleppo, where the main battle is right now).

www.youtube.com...
(here is the link I attempted to embed it but I don't believe it worked)
edit on 27-7-2012 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It is exactly like Libya, right down to the same people. Many of the FSA came from Libya. Tens of thousands of them. There is, in fact, a training camp in Libya for fighters to go to Syria. Recently a General of the FSA was killed, It was confirmed he was the 2nd in Command of the Belhadj Brigade, one of the more ruthless brigades in Libya, Tripoli to be exact. It's leader is the notorious Abdel Hakim Belhadj, sponsored by Qatar.

top topics

join