It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago office workers told to dress down during NATO summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Chicago Business

What not to wear during the NATO summit

Workers at some Chicago office towers are being encouraged to dress down to avoid being targeted by protesters during the meeting of world leaders May 20 and 21. Safety procedures in some high-rises include the recommendation that employees set aside suits, ties and anything with corporate logos.

Tenants in the office building at 1 E. Wacker Drive received a memo encouraging them to stay away from wearing suits, urging workers to "look like a protester." A spokeswoman for Los Angeles-based CBRE Inc., which manages the building, declined to comment on any NATO security measures.

Not sure how I feel about this advice. If you dress like a protester to blend in, do you not run the risk of being rounded up, arrested, beaten, or otherwise treated as a protester? I thought I also remember reading somewhere in the "Spring Training" for protesters to dress up and try to blend in with the business folks. At very least, we are in for some confusion, no doubt.
edit on 5/8/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: typos

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I didn't know protestors had a dress code.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
WTH!!!!

So if you don't wear a suit and tie to work in an office then you're a protester?

We are running full steam straight for the wall and it's going to be messy when the shtf!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
imagine a group of 20 or so protesters disguised as bankers (sharply dressed) watching a group of bankers disguised as protesters (poorly dressed) getting beat the hell out by the police.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
WTH!!!!

So if you don't wear a suit and tie to work in an office then you're a protester?

We are running full steam straight for the wall and it's going to be messy when the shtf!

I can hear the guys in shorts and flip flops screaming now..."Don't tase me bro. I'm the CEO of Bank of America!!!" BZZZZAPPPPP!
edit on 5/8/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It makes it alot easier to club and mace anyone if they all look the same?

I think the whole NATO thing is retarded fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

join