It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Detector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's believed that UFO's use gravity drives for propulsion, therefore if a UFO was to fly past your house one evening, would there not be an evident fluctuation in gravity?

Would it be possible to build a makeshift gravity field detector, and pick up strong distorsions in the presence of a UFO?
I can't think of any natural (except the moon), or man made phenomena that would cause such an event. Does this sound like a good idea? (It was my mates idea.)

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
One of my friends did his Phd in Geology. In one of the topological studies he carried out on our island, he discovered that (due to the differing types of rock I guess) people weigh a fraction of a per cent heavier in the north of the island than they do in the south.

I'm guessing he must have used some kind of gravity equipment, but I doubt they were anything more sophisticated than micro-sensitive weighing scales.

I read recently in New Scientist (I think) that the US had built a gravity wave detector. It cost x billions to construct, was several kilometers in length and was designed to pick up gravity distortions rippling though our area of space. I think this was to detect black holes or something.

Anyway, imagine the length of spacetime between earth and jupitor were to shrink in length by just one proton's diameter. This equipment can detect such a shift. Apparently, in gravitational terms this is quite a big change, but so far they haven't detected anything.

To answer your queston, I don't know how you might go about detecting gravity waves. from what I hear its a castly buisiness, and we don't even know if potential antigravity craft would emit distortions or whether they would be able to subdue them. My best bet would be to get hold of some electronic, super-sensative weighing scales and somehow hook it up to your computer. If there were any fluctuations they would show up rather like a seizometer.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Can anti gravity drives really affect gravity around it? I mean they negate the gravity for the body of the UFO, but they do not alter it further around them, or do they? Its sort of like jumping, when I jump I apply enough energy to cancel out the earth gravition, but I doubt I affect the gravity itself... The only thing one can mesure is the energy I apply.

Meh, I dont know.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by merka]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The last time i read about antigravity was when i was reading about crazy explanations of time travel LOL, but isnt antigravity actually just a crazy thought of some physisit forgot the name messeird or something like that he said that maybe if you go through a black hole it will pull you in and the antigravity star would pull you out and in the process you wound exceed the speed of light and go essentialy through time.... this theory though interesting was completly anihiliated by other scientists they said the theory of relativity denies that a possibility. And plus how far are we from their technology then if we think it is absolutly imposible? Anti-gravity drives are a myth they will most probably never ever be made by us humans, they are just even theoretically impossible and we base it on a long known and established fact from einsteins general theory of relativity!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Apparently, there is credible documentation to show that from the '50s onwards, the US has spent several times the amount they did creating the A~Bomb in the Manhattan Project, on projects to develop anti-gravity.

This doesn't prove its possible, and I'll have to search around for where I read this, but it does raise a few questions.

If anyone's heard this statistic and knows where it came from, could you post it up? It might have been mentioned in the Disclosure Project, but I'm not sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I edited my post 'cuz I found one. For your consideration: The UFO detector....

It senses electromagnetic fluctuations. Strong EMF's are known to be present in supposed UFO encounters.

UFO Detector

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Der Kapitan,

Size is approximately 1.75" dia. by 6" tall. Uses 9V lithium battery (not included)

Looks and sounds more like a "ahem" err...uhh...personal massage device...

*dons his tin foil hat and sets his UFO detector on shake n' bake

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah that is odd. But it goes well with my foil hat.

Ummm, that is if I can get it back from my wife.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Doesn't the "Magnetic Field Disrupter" in the TR-3B affect gravity? Not really "anti-gravity" but it distorts the gravity around it enough to reduce the ship's momentum and inertia. I don't know the physics behind it, but is it possible they could get it to reduce by 100% (it's at 89% now), or even EXCEED that? Then it truely would be anti-gravity.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mannanin
Apparently, there is credible documentation to show that from the '50s onwards, the US has spent several times the amount they did creating the A~Bomb in the Manhattan Project, on projects to develop anti-gravity.

This doesn't prove its possible, and I'll have to search around for where I read this, but it does raise a few questions.

Thats interesting, but I would say that it does prove that its possible. The US government wouldn't spend billions of dollars on a project with no results.

Originally posted by mannanin
I read recently in New Scientist (I think) that the US had built a gravity wave detector. It cost x billions to construct, was several kilometers in length and was designed to pick up gravity distortions rippling though our area of space. I think this was to detect black holes or something.

....Or to detect UFO's?!

Originally posted by janjaso
Anti-gravity drives are a myth they will most probably never ever be made by us humans, they are just even theoretically impossible and we base it on a long known and established fact from einsteins general theory of relativity!

Are they? Iv read the theories behind how gravity drives work, and it makes sense to me.

Cheers Der Kapitan, thats the sort of thing im after.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
basically the gravity drives you are talking about im not sure how they work but, i know for certain that antigravity is not possible yet, any object with a positive mass will have normal gravity associated with it maybe a very small amout but it has the gravity pull. When we say antigravity it means a object with a negative mass, thus inducing a anti-gravity effect thus repelling things away from itself, it was originally used in the wormhole theories, which like i said in my other post, you go into a black hole and u get thrown out of what they called a theoretical "white hole" its called the Schwarzschild wormhole.(reaserch it) and basically im gonna rip this off a site we have problems
problem 1 - When a realistic star collapses to a black hole, it does not produce a wormhole
problem 2 - The complete Schwarzschild geometry includes a white hole, which violates the second law of thermodynamics
problem 3 - Even if a Schwarzschild wormhole were somehow formed, it would be unstable and fly apart
heres the source = casa.colorado.edu...
there is such a thing called antimatter which is extremly hard to find around the universe read about it on space.com
and i was just reading about something of the sort of antigravity drives or whatever, on the site it said,

"The idea of negative energy has been around since at least the late 1950's but it is unclear at this stage whether such a phenomenon exists or indeed if it even could exist. Classical physics says no, but quantum physics suggests it may exist. There is the suggestion that a relationship could exist between it and wormholes, so the first step is to seek evidence of wormholes through telescopes etc. If negative mass does exist and we are able to develop methods of collecting and handling negative mass, it seems entirely feasible that it could be used in a space drive type propulsion system."

they only state that it might exist that is to say it is yet to be discovered just like the theoretical "white hole"

ps a white hole is the complete opposite to a black hole.... comfuzed ohh well i think i am too 1:15am

[edit on 30-9-2004 by janjaso]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My understanding is that there are no "white holes"- an now obsolete term, what was thought as an example of a white hole or quasar is Cygnus X-1. It is now known that X-1 is a massive blackhole. No back doors that are obvious as yet.

If we do find a stable worm hole I don't think it will "look" like anything we've encountered to date.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

new topics

top topics

join