It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages Received at Several Wells Fargo Bank Branches—May Be Related to Occupy Wall St

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
CNBC

Suspicious Packages Received at Several Wells Fargo Bank Branches—May Be Related to Occupy Wall Street

NBC New York

Several banks in New York City received suspicious mailings on Monday, at least one of which contained the message "welcome to May 1st," ahead of nationwide protests planned by Occupy Wall Street groups, NBC 4 New York has learned.

An NYPD spokesman said letters were sent to four addresses in New York City. Some had powder that was determined to be harmless, and one contained the note referring to Tuesday, sources said.

The planned day of protests on Tuesday is intended to disrupt commerce, organizers say.

These reports are coming in from Twitter, CNBC, and NBC New York. So far, they seem harmless.
edit on 4/30/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: fix broken URL

edit on 4/30/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hope the whole may 1st thing turns out to be huge, and if it does, i hope it becomes a black hole. and sucks everyone in,

There is nothing i want more than the end of the status quo.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To assume it has anything to do with Occupy is ridiculous. Any number of thousands or millions of people with a hate against Occupy, or someone just looking for #s and giggles, could have sent that package, letter or whatever else they claim was in them. We won't see any of the evidence regardless.

I hope tomorrow turns out to be a massive day in the US. I cannot participate unfortunately. I work in a very small store with less than 12 employees. I stand in solidarity and one day things will be different, but it won't happen through protest.

new topics

join