It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distinguished Lecturer Peter Merlin at the National Atomic Test Musuem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
nationalatomictestingmuseum.org...

06/02/12 - Distinguished Lecture, Peter Merlin - 6:00 pm

OK, that is all she wrote. However, if it is from Peter, the lecture should be good. I don't see any pricing information.

BTW, I know the lecturer is distinguished, but I'm not sure a lecture can be distinguished. ;-)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
typically self absorbed post!

Let's see, I wonder what country that would be in. Hmm, people that assume they are the center of all things, American or German! I'll guess American.

I guess I could try google to find out what state this lecture is in.

Good grief Charlie Brown!

P

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

If only I provided a link. Oh wait....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My apologies.

I didn't see the link. How didn't I see the link?

My bad! My big bad!

P

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nationalatomictestingmuseum.org...

Well, I will definitely be there. It isn't often that you get a presentation on the real history of Area 51 without a lot of rumor and speculation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I was hoping to be there, but it doesn't fit my schedule. However, I'd like to say any lecture on Groom Lake that doesn't include "you know who" or "space aliens" is a worthy lecture. Groom Lake is interesting enough without having to add wild tales.

Whenever I think of Annie Jacobsen I can just vomit. All the good information that woman was fed, and she wrote that pile of rubbish. After burning the Road Runners, it will be unlikely they will want to put in the same effort with a better author.

Incidentally, I started on "X-Plane Crashes" (Merlin and Moore). One of the nice things in the book is the official crash photos are of decent quality. When you file FOIAs, the crash report photos are barely there. They are some print out of a microfiche that used a Xerox of the original photo, at best!. The book has what looks like the official photographs from the USAF photographer.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, I think the fact that a Smithsonian affiliated museum is willing to host an exhibit and lecture series on Area 51 is a good sign that the subject is being taken seriously. The National Atomic Testing Museum received a great deal of cooperation from Area 51 veterans for this effort.

Your comments on "X-Plane Crashes" (Specialty Press, 2008) are spot on. It's too bad that the CIA didn't release pictures of the A-12 crash site a couple of years earlier. It would have made a good addition to the Area 51 section of the book.

Slightly off-topic, if anyone is interested in more in-depth analysis of accidents involving experimental aircraft, NASA recently released a new book: "Breaking the Mishap Chain" (NASA SP-2011-594). It is also available free of charge in electronic format (eBook, PDF, etc.) at:

www.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join