It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin boss in space tourism bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Time to start saving for your trip of a lifetime!

Mr Branson is well known AROUND the globe for his business skills and adventurous endeavours. It appears that he is now determined to become well known ABOVE the globe as well...

news.bbc.co.uk
Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson has announced his company has signed an agreement worth �14m to secure the first commercial flights into space.

Prices for each seat into space are expected to start at around �115,000.

Up to 3,000 astronauts could be flying into space over a five-year period, according to Virgin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It has already been possible to buy a seat on a spaceship - for those with very deep pockets. However the realization that it may soon be possible to head for the stars for the price of a modest house could set many people off on the path towards their own personal flight of fantasy.

[edits to provide link to story on CNN]

Virgin plans space flights for 2007
money.cnn.com...

[edit on 9/27/2004 by illimey]

[edit on 9/27/2004 by illimey]

[edit on 27-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
well if any one can it will be him,ive read alot about Branson and he has the abillity to make everyone feel that nothings out of reach-good on him,hope he does!!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Already a topic on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Minime]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minime
Already a topic on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually this thread was started first...

Anyway, Branson is (in my opinion) the modern day Howard Hughes... He had his aircraft,a nd now Branson will have his spacecraft.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is a good step but rich people dont relize that everyone else CANT AFFORD IT!

$200,000 for a couple hour trip, come on, thats way to much, i'd seriously consider it for around 5 grand.

Edit: Also he said that it will cost $170,000 right away and not $200,000.
Richard Branson is partnered with Paul Allen.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The main guy was just on, he said that if they could get 3000 people to sign up pay and go, they could cut the price to 100K.

At that rate, it could get down to its lowest cost in no time.

I am guessing the lowest price is some where in the 10k-30k range. I cant see it going any lower, there has to be some kind of fixed price for things like fuel and ship maintance for 5 craft.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
�100,000 is quite a lot, 3,000 people is quite not a lot. wish i had the cash to blow. three minutes aint a lot, but the trip would be amazing.

i LOVE the name of the maiden ship

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
testing pic ty very much

top topics

join