It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous about to close down internet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The hacker (un)organisation has proclaimed that they will shut down internet on saturday March 31th!

The universe notorious group of cyber genius geeks, Anonymous, recently announced that they were going to shut down the internet completely for a day to protest again those who are looking forward to censor the internet in different parts of the world. Anonymous stated recently that they would shut down the complete internet for the users where it really costs to the governments, and the reason behind this kind of major act is the SOPA.

www.freakgeeks.com...

Note: Mods if this is already up I apologize and feel free to move to the proper forum.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Interesting but...I highly doubt Anon has enough power to pull something off like that on a global scale.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
isnt the nxt day april foolls day?????
just sayin'

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'd pay money to see that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This group is a pain.

Who are they helping? Because if they are trying to help the people they are HURTING them by shutting off the internet.

What did the people do to them? Seriously, this group is getting on my nerves.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i agree with you i do not think this helps the people at all. why would they wish to punish us? all it will do is give bad press to anon. perhaps this is TPTB causing a ruse to give bad press to anon.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
This group is a pain.

Who are they helping? Because if they are trying to help the people they are HURTING them by shutting off the internet.

What did the people do to them? Seriously, this group is getting on my nerves.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'd like to see them try. The whole internet isn't something you can just turn off and on at the press of a button. That would imply that the internet is wholly sourced and located at one point. All they would have to do would be to access that one point and turn the entire thing off. Which I think, is probably impossible, without shutting every server in the world down in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Anon is the government, no hacker group in the WORLD can pull this off, the only group that can is the government.
so go figure..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There is already a post about this...Here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Please stop posting this garbage.

You have no idea who Anonymous are, or what they are about. If you did, you would take no claim of them planning to shut down the Internet seriously.

Anonymous are interested in doing the opposite; countering politicians and governments that want to control and restrict the Internet. The material you have read and posted, is written by the mainstream media, and is designed to be read and accepted by people who don't know any better.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It is fairly easy to shut off the internet if you know how it works, i could probaly doo it with a few weeks of study, i know the technique they would use, alot simpler than you think and all you need is controll of a few routers and 1 PC

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Kill the DNS servers and most people would be screwed as they use the web address and not the IP address, damn site easier to do than most people think. Although if, as has been stated Anon are the Government very easy for them to do

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have a Dongle that I take around with me for when there's no wireless available. This is on a 3g phone network so how would they go about stopping that? Providing my network providers server wasn't compromised I'm pretty sure I still be able to access the www??

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I'd like to see them try. The whole internet isn't something you can just turn off and on at the press of a button. That would imply that the internet is wholly sourced and located at one point. All they would have to do would be to access that one point and turn the entire thing off. Which I think, is probably impossible, without shutting every server in the world down in the meantime.

Pull up a chair folks.....

The internet is a vast connected network going over telephone networks. When you type in www.website.com your browser hits up 1 of 13 root hint dns servers to translate that web address to an IP address.

For most people, the loss of DNS would shut down the net, they wouldn't be able to navigate to sites because they don't know the IP.

A concerted attack against the majority of those servers would indeed bring "the web" down, not the internet, but DNS, which allows the web to function, would be down. And, possibly, they could redirect traffic to rogue dns servers and cause all kinds of problems.

Anyways.... here's anon again fighting for your "freedom" by removing your freedom.

Don't censor the net, to protest, we will shut down the net.
Don't remove functions from the ps3, to protest we will hack the network and sell your credit card details on the net.

Seriously, are any of you guys buying this digital false flag anymore? Can't you see through it at this point?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Please stop posting this garbage.

You have no idea who Anonymous are, or what they are about. If you did, you would take no claim of them planning to shut down the Internet seriously.

Anonymous are interested in doing the opposite; countering politicians and governments that want to control and restrict the Internet. The material you have read and posted, is written by the mainstream media, and is designed to be read and accepted by people who don't know any better.

I wanted to quote this because it's the most accurate and sensible post in this thread.

Most of you seem completely ignorant to how the internet works, and yet you seem to have an opinion on Anon?
I would suggest most of you start reading, educate yourselves, then get involved in discussions about Anon and the internet. Right now far too many of you are completely ignorant to the basic facts, and that's probably why we have so many problems.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yawn.

go away anon

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join