It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collosal Titanoboa Snake invades NYC Grand Central Terminal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Full scale model of Titanoboa (recently discovered species Titanoboa cerrejonensis that lived 60 million years ago, during a 10-million-year period immediately following the dinosaur extinction event. Even larger snake than the previous record holder, Gigantophis) revealed at Grand Central Terminal on Thursday, March 22

Wonder how long it will stay there and if phobic commuters will complain or at least freak out?

edit on 25-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/9/2012 by dbates because: Caps lock title edit.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
holy crap! I thought that was real for a sec. The scaling, the way the light reflects off its skin. I swear that looks like a real flippin snake! I would spill my morning coffee seeing that!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

When I saw the title I thought there was a giant snake that got loose lol.

But very cool, wish I could see it in person. Makes me think, how weird that there was giant animals back then that are so small today. Life had to be so fluent and thriving throughout millions of years on this earth. If life could have lived here that long ago and change and evolve into animals we see today why couldnt this be happening on another planet.

I'm bored with all the animals we have today, I want to see some dinosaurs or mutant aliens. Or giant snakes in NYC

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakupairs

Or giant snakes in NYC

Take a walk down Wall Street. There are plenty of modern day snakes in those buildings. Some very fat ones as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
WOW! Thats a snake of serious size. well done too, thought it was real myself. Would be funny if someone added to the display like a Dummy leg with shoe and pants sticking out of his mouth.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by jakupairs

Or giant snakes in NYC

Take a walk down Wall Street. There are plenty of modern day snakes in those buildings. Some very fat ones as well.

Agreed, Snakes and Rats
Rabid Rats none the less. Both out for destruction.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I see they finally got those snakes off the plane

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Does anyone have some better pictures or any Idea just what that is in its mouth.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That's a good sized chunk of snake.
If we ever nail time travel in the future, I don't think an encounter between titanboa and a soft, squishy human being would end well for our species!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OMG!!!! it is freaking huge!!!! I would sh**t myself I would come face to face with that motha...

Great find

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont know if that is accurate, here is a 49 foot python recently captured

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Vid in link.

Edit: I've also seen this on TV, Wierd True, and Freaky did a small segment on it.
edit on 9-4-2012 by The Bear Man because: Add informations to look up more informations and informations and stuff

Second Edit: Heres the other video, much better quality
animal.discovery.com...
edit on 9-4-2012 by The Bear Man because: Add video thingie muh jiggie.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That caught me off-guard! The model looks almost TOO lifelike.
Kind of makes me wish that these things still lived. But, knowing our type, we'd kill it in the name of science and keep them locked in cages.
Too bad, really.

join