It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 23 years, calling it quits... (smoking that is)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Congrats. The time is ripe for me as well. I think cold turkey and a lot of sleep is the way I'll have to go. Nothing else has seemed to work. I've tried for years now. Back in December I quit for 10 days but picked it back up again.

It's been about 30 years for me. Keep up the good work buddy.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Day 10 has just began, still haven't had a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. Felling very good!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
way to go!!!!

im with ya brother

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I see you quit on the 6th, how's it going for you?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
At 11 pm today, it will be two weeks (14 days) without nicotine! Feeling pretty good. It's a constant battle fighting off cravings. Lungs feel great!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have quit for over a month. Had to use the nicorettes to quit, but I feel so much better, and healthier already. Congrats on quiting.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Congrats to you too ! I tried the nicorette multiple times, but always ended up trade one addiction for another. Thats why I went cold Turkey this time.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

At 11 pm today, it will be two weeks
lol youve thought of nothing else for 2 weeks 2 WEEKS.
life is short, dont deny yourself the simple pleasures

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Three week mark tonight for anyone keeping track. Getting easier with every passing day. Working out a couple times a week. Life is good.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

im still keeping up with you : )

me my GF and her dog go out and walk at least once a day.

there is beauty that still needs to be admired before it is wiped away.

keep it up.

we can start a tobaccos anonymous forum X D

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Congrats. Keep in mind that no matter how many day's go past, your always one cig away from being a full blown addict again. As long as you remember that, you will win.

But I am up to 249ish day's.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Ya so true. Good job on kickin butts. Did anyone else feel short of breath all the time? Headaches?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
One month nicotine free! It's safe to say, I'm done for good. Good luck to everyone else trying to quit. It feels great to accomplish something that has been so hard for me in past attempts.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I didn't see this thread until now.

I quit smoking on November 17, 2010, cold turkey, after 54 years of smoking! over 17 months now.

I am an almost 73 year old granny and am quite proud of myself. I have more stamina for almost anything-haven't tried sex yet, but might one day!

All I can say is that if *I* can then anyone can, as I began at age 17, in 1956.

Good Luck everyone!
CS73

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I did it... Gave up smoking in Oct 08 and have never looked back.
Just gave up too.... stopped, cold turkey.

Never had will power before and It's one of the only things like this I've ever been able to do.

But enough was enough.

I wish you luck but I think if you're serious and really want to... you will succeed

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, for anyone keeping track, in two weeks it will be one year without any nicotine of any form. I can run eight+ miles nonstop, I did an 11 mile obstacle course in October and I'm doing another one in late April. Feeling great and enjoying life! Good luck to anyone else who wants to quit. It can be done, you just have to want to quit.
edit on 14-2-2013 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Proud of you, keep up the struggle and journey my friend. My dad smoked for a while, I think 20 years and he has been smoke free for 34 years now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join