It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird 'Dog-Headed Pig Monster' Terrorizes Africa!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig. The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.

MSNBC News Source Article

This is coming from the MSM, a very recent article... and I cannot seem to find ANY pictures. The description is "terrifying" as the title suggests. Submitting an ATS search on the topic yielded no results, and Google Images also provided no photos...

Go ahead and make a joke if you just can't help yourself (Manbearpig, etc...), but if by some chance someone has any videos or photographs of this beast, please post them here.

What could this monster be? One Namibian official, regional councilor Andreas Mundjindi, was quoted in Informante newspaper as saying, "This is an alien animal that the people have not seen before. We don't have a forest here, only bushes. So, this must be black magic at play."

Well if an official says so, it must BE so

Anyways, this just struck me as odd. Whitewash? Extra-dimensional rift spewing out demonoid monsters? Mutant beasts?

Let's dig.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: ..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Rosie O'Donnell up to her old tricks again?

I always wonder who starts these rumours. OP you think one guy just wants to mess with people and it takes off or do you think the story just grows over time? Cool find, love this stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sounds like my pure white Staffie 'Charlie'
He looks like he broke the ugly tree when he fell out of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I always wonder who starts these rumours. OP you think one guy just wants to mess with people and it takes off or do you think the story just grows over time? Cool find, love this stuff.

Dang Domo, beat me with the joke. I was thinking something along the lines of that pervert teacher from The Devil's Advocate (the "pig monster"), but his head wasn't really dog-like.

While most of it never (verifiably) pans out, I personally don't doubt that high strangeness and odd things exist. Will look forward to hearing more about this.

OP, nice catch. Keep us posted if you get updates or more sources.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I seen something like that on the original Star Trek only it was bi pedal , I think Captain Kirk had sex with one of the female ones by the end of the show.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Funny stuff, but as far as your question... I presume it varies from rumor to rumor. In this case, I'm not leaning too far in either direction.

It's not unheard of (by any means) for even MSM to present a shocking title, while the content is actually a murky rumor, while validating it with a brief history lesson on the broader topic. (In this case it's crypto-zoology, and its connection to indigenous occultism.)

But to be sure, I agree that there must be strange/mystery/unknown creatures on our planet. It's the height of arrogance to assert we've pretty much figured it all out....

Lake Vostok, just for starters
edit on 28-2-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh-My-God!! could it be?

sorry had to bring it up lol

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Odd, but this sounds like the description that Andrew Basiago gives of a predator species on Mars. I listened to several of his interviews and found him to be seriously wanting in the way of credibility, but couldn't totally write it off as impossible either, and at the very least it's a fascinating story.

So, here's the video - somewhere in that long interview he talks about similar looking creatures he encountered on Mars.

edit on 28-2-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I live one country down from Namibia,in South Africa..i dont watch TV,but i,ll see later in the day,if i can find anything in the local online news.If i find anything,will let you know.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I read this earlier today. I wonder if it's maybe a known animal that maybe wondered away from its native area and into this place where people aren't used to seeing it? Of course, I don't know what known animal would look like a dog-headed pig monster.

I think it's highly likely there are many many creatures out there that are still unknown to man so I'm always excited to hear something like this. Cryptids are probably my fave topic on ATS and this is a good one! I follow Joshua Gates from Destination Truth on Twitter and he has already posted about being interested in this one. Maybe he'll investigate... not that it would help because they almost NEVER find anything conclusive, but an investigation would be nice to watch.

Anyway, thanks for posting! I didn't have time to post it on here when I came across the article earlier so I'm glad to see it's here on ATS for all to discuss!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Dang Domo, beat me with the joke. I was thinking something along the lines of that pervert teacher from The Devil's Advocate (the "pig monster"), but his head wasn't really dog-like.

Bwahaha. The sort of passive way you just said Rosie has a dog head got me. I was just thinking ugly beast and her visage popped into my head. It was terrifying.

I am very skeptical, but for some reason I think there are some weird things running around. Maybe it's living in the NW but I really want bigfoot to be real. I'm always fascinated by stories like this. Even if it's just imagination its so interesting what people come up with. One day I am going to try to start my own crypto monster and see if I can spread it. Ideas appreciated.

Oddly enough I took a cab the other day and the driver was from this country. Never heard of it on account of American ignorance. Weird how you learn something and it quickly becomes relevant.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Im sure its manbearpig!
Quick call Al Gore!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't this guy........

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I did,nt see anything mentioned in local news,but i wonder if it could be a hyena,or African Wild Dog with an extra-bad case of the mange-a skin condition that makes the hair fall out.Having said that,Africa is a mysterious continent,with lots of magic,mysticism and folklore,and practioners of magic,good and evil.Also lots of UFO activity.So,if its not a hyena/Wild Dog with extreme mange,then it could be anything,the sky's not even the limit.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I bet it's a Hyena.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Yea I was thinking maybe a deformed hyena or something?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is It the man-bear-pig?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruthisoutthere155
Is It the man-bear-pig?

Na I was thinking more bear-pig-man?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Reading through this thread, I was amazed that nobody noticed that it could be the legendary catoblepas.

I really need to learn how to embed properly, but here's the link:

www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com...

It could have easily migrated from jungle rivers to hunt for food elsewhere, maybe if there was a lack of other things to hunt.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am thinking a hyena as well, either with mange, or maybe a rare white one or something. Unusual colorations do happen in animals. A white one, or mostly hairless one, would look very odd, and they can be VERY aggressive and dangerous. If it's a real story, that's the best bet, I think. Interesting, in any case! S&F

join