It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker: ‘Radicalized’ Girl Scouts ‘sexualizing’ recruits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
An Indiana State Representative has refused to honor Girl Scouts 100th birthday because he says that some basic research has made him believe that the Girl Scouts are now become a “radicalized organization” that promotes the “homosexual lifestyle", and that many parents are abandoning the Girl Scouts for that reason !!

He further cites that most of the Girl Scouts "role models" are feminists, lesbians, or Communists !!!

He claims that Planned Parenthood is promoting the agenda and somehow using the Girl Scouts as a tactical arm.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:43 EST -- The Raw Story

A Republican lawmaker has become only member of the Indiana House to refuse to honor the Girl Scouts 100th birthday because he said they have become a “radicalized organization” that promotes the “homosexual lifestyle.”

Republican state Rep. Bob Morris on Saturday sent a letter (PDF) to his fellow House Republicans explaining why he wouldn’t sign on to the resolution, according the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.

“After talking to some well-informed constituents, I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing,” Morris wrote. “[A]bundant evidence proves that the agenda of Planned Parenthood includes sexualizing young girls through the Girl Scouts, which is quickly becoming a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood.”

The Raw Story

He also made this claim:

Boys who decide to claim a ‘transgender’ or cross-dressing life-style are permitted to become a member of a Girl Scout troop

I don't see any link from his "research" however !

Wheeew !!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow this guy included most of them in there: Communists, Gays, Feminists, Transsexuals, Planned Parenthood, the "destruction" of "traditional family values". I'm surprised he didn't include guns and muslims in there as well. This all sounds like it came from some liberal satire site, to be honest.
edit on 21-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Beware of girl scouts.
Make sure to keep an eye out for any young girls who are good at stiching badges or helping old ladies across the road.
Approach with caution as they may be armed with dangerous cookies and are highly trained and certainly not afraid to use them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

In other words, he's an ignorant simpleton going by an urban legend or subject of the type of chain email that's forward by unsuspecting older folks.

Why is this guy in a position of power?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had recently read something along these lines that some group was protesting the GSA for those exact same reasons, but I paid it no mind because of how ridiculous it sounded!

Still sounds ridiculous when I read it here too.

Just like any group, there will be good and bad, positive role models and not. The GSA is no different, but cmon now, its just ridiculous, unless of course they have changed since my sister and all her friends were in it.

The part that strikes me as the most outrageous is that he did a small amount of 'online research'
Can you imagine if someone did a small amount of research n any of the topics here on ATS and just read through one single thread or two about 2012 or Nibiru?!?

Fictional politician: 'I am choosing not t run for re-election in 2012, since some crazy space stuff is happening and its the end of the world anyway!'

SnF

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

In other words, he's an ignorant simpleton going by an urban legend or subject of the type of chain email that's forward by unsuspecting older folks.

Why is this guy in a position of power?

Well it did say he was the only one with the thoughts !

I wonder what his voters think ?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

An Indiana State Representative has refused to honor Girl Scouts 100th birthday because he says that some basic research has made him believe that the Girl Scouts are now become a “radicalized organization” that promotes the “homosexual lifestyle", and that many parents are abandoning the Girl Scouts for that reason !! He further cites that most of the Girl Scouts "role models" are feminists, lesbians, or Communists !!!
He claims that Planned Parenthood is promoting the agenda and somehow using the Girl Scouts as a tactical arm.

Just when you think things can't get any crazier, they do!

I don't even know what else to say
This has rendered me almost speechless

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Probably as stupid as he is.

What can one say? Ignorance is bliss for some.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I actually find comfort in being ignorant sometimes and wish I could go back to "sleep".

This is inane (not insane) drivel. Of course, I wouldn't doubt they have those types of role models. But even if they did most of the people I know can keep it pretty unbiased and general around children.

Now show me a vid with this radicalization taking place at the GSA meetings and then we can talk some smack (at that group).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd look at the guy as a loon for saying it.........if I hadn't heard some Girl Scouts saying very similar things themselves.

It's almost like the Boy Scouts went one direction in being ultra-conservative on a couple specific points and the Girl Scouts went polar opposite and to the furthest extreme in that direction.

It sure was nice when scouts didn't have a 'Political Correctness' badge as a required thing for boys and girls.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ya, selling cookies, camping trips, community service and much more have become feminist Nazi commie indoctrination now?

Why can't we let our kids be kids and tell the government to stick their "research" where it is most uncomfortable.

It seems as thought the hardcore right is using their hatred to alienate everyone that is not white, straight, upper middle class/rich and....republican!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, golly gee whiz....both my girls were in Girl Scouts in the 90s. I have friends who have little girls in the scouts today. I don't remember my girls being "indoctrinated" by radical lesbians. I do remember cute little day picnics, meetings in which I always seemed to have to bring snacks or drinks, and the coup de grace.....Cookies straight from hell. So powerful was their siren-call that nobody could resist buying many boxes despite their outrageous prices.

You gotta watch out for them Samoas....they put crack in them, you know. You cannot eat just one. A tiny taste is all it takes to turn you into a raving cookie-head.

Seriously now....With all the truly awful problems our country is facing, this old pervert is projecting his sickness onto the Girl Scouts? I did a "small amount of web research" and am convinced that the GOP lawmaker is unhinged and should be put out to pasture. I'll bet he was paid off by the Keebler Corporation to say these things so that nobody would buy Girl Scout cookies.
edit on 21-2-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

new topics

join