It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BYE BYE internet privacy as canada introduces Internet spying bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Heres the skinny here......rt.com...

This and other bills in the house of Canadas parliament (Bill C-10 and C-52) will virtually make a locked down nation out of Canada......
No longer will the internet be a free space to escape to from the already heavily spied on and soon to become more so canadians.
My thought is this Conservative goverment is fomenting a bloody revolution here and making no bones about it....
The harper Goverment is all about big prisons, stiffer laws, and more spying on citizens.

Just like his big brother heroes the US diktatorship

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
and ironically for smaller government. Yep they want to get rid of the long form census because it will impede on people's privacy but they want to give police officers with the power of spying on you.

Their irony knows no bound

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Three more years before another election.
I just hope we can get the liberals back in.
I think people are trying to talk Justin Trudeau into running, but he wants to wait longer.

He is getting more press time lately......

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yep he might have shot himself in the foot though when he mentioned that he would consider separating from Canada if Harper continues like this. I agree with what he said. Too bad the press will be spinning this for a while and that might hurt his campaign.. .they will now tag him as a separatist.. his father must be rolling in his grave

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Tabled by Vic Toews, to get at the evil child predators, ironic enough, he had a relationship with the babysitter who looked after his kids.

Not sure on the babysitter's age, but still...

edit on 15-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brainswippin

Yep he might have shot himself in the foot though when he mentioned that he would consider separating from Canada if Harper continues like this. I agree with what he said. Too bad the press will be spinning this for a while and that might hurt his campaign.. .they will now tag him as a separatist.. his father must be rolling in his grave

I saw Trudeau on the news explaining himself (rather loudly too), so hopefully people picked up on the fact that it was all about Harper changing Canada into somewhere no one wants to live in.

These prisons for profit and clamping down on "victimless" crime has to stop. Harper's had a judge rule against him already on the minimum sentence thing over a gun possession.
And our privacy laws are important to us, he cannot tear them apart without a lot of backlash.

If he screws up too badly, can they still kick him out for non-confidence, now that he has a majority? Or are we stuck?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainswippin
and ironically for smaller government. Yep they want to get rid of the long form census because it will impede on people's privacy but they want to give police officers with the power of spying on you.

Their irony knows no bound

The actual irony here is that this is coming from RT. They themselves haven't really ever been noted in Russia for their freedoms, or under use of spying....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

no with a majority in parliament it is very unlikely that harper would have a vote of non-confidence
especially since party lines and coehsion is essential in Canada, more so than america

so when is this bill going through voting does anyone know?
its scary i dont know if anything can stop the majority vote, unless the party split but like i said that is very rare
harper himself would have to guide the conservatives away from the bill
and the only way that could happen is through mass political movement and corporate pushing like the internet blackout over SOPA but i dont see that happening for canada unfortunately...

God save this land

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
ps. even 3 years from now it could be hard to defeat the tories, hopefully we can at least take down their majority though

thing is the conservatives had worked hard to unite the right and now they are the only right wing party and get all the votes
the left is divided but at least now the Bloc is gone...
but the liberals are a dead party, they have no leadership and Trudeau Jr wouldnt be the same as his father, he is just false hope
truth is the NDP have the opportunity to take over and continue their movement
extreme times cause for extreme politics and the liberals as the middle party has lost their place, even their platform is no longer moderate by many standards

join