It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Girls Hate Each Other.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That was great.
I like her. She just gave me a new perspective on things. She's good looking to begin with, but her honesty is what really makes her attractive. She gets to the heart of the matter. Remember how at the start of the video she said that she's all alone in her bedroom doing this? Chances are she has less "friends" her own age because of the type of person she is and she seems perfectly content with that. She'd rather be exactly who she is rather than settle for being something less for the sake of fitting in. Sorry, but that is f***ing sexy!!

I've been around more than a few blocks in my life and the only time I met people who are that honest were in Europe. I've NEVER met an American woman that honest.

At the start of the video though when she's describing how girls are brought up to be competitive, she could very well be talking about boys too. We are all brought up to do this. We're all the same in that regard. That being said, it's been my observations in life that lead me to believe there are two types of people in this world; those who grow out of that type of childish behaviour and those who have never felt comfortable doing it in the first place, therefore didn't.

Those of us who never really did that "competitiveness" thing when we were growing up were always the outsiders. Never really fit in because we didn't spend our youth backbiting our friends or other people. Ever heard that expresiion "Shadows know when shadows meet"? That's about us. There's something about people like that where their intuitiveness tells them when they met someone on their level. The level where honesty is king and a genuine compassion for, and understanding of, each other is queen.

People like that ( you listeneing hon?) society can't tear apart because they were never REALLY that much of a part of society to begin with. Some of us become successful in our own right but it's not because we backbite our way to the top. We pretty much avoid people altogether and do our own thing. We're not really team players because the "team" didn't accept us in the first place becasue we were'nt as competitive as them.

Anyway, I hope that girl becomes an internet sensation because I for one think we need more people like her. This ought to be her theme song:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Though thankfully, by the time we hit 30 we've grown out of such vapid things.

Yeah, right.

You ladies are downright catty with each other, and often treat your best friend worse than a guy would treat an enemy or rival.

And, this continues (if not getting worse) as age sets in, at least from what I've seen. I've seen more fights over things guys would see as completely trivial (if they'd even take issue at all).

Don't get me wrong, I love women, and most treat me quite well, but I just don't get how you treat each other sometimes...

You've got a point. I should redo that statement to "Though thankfully, by the time we hit 30 many of us try to distance ourselves from such vapid things"

Aww hell, can't win can we?....Even THAT sounds catty.

As for Jenna becoming an internet sensation I assume she already is with 2,329,117 subscribers, 359,301,736 views and her own FB and Twitter fan base.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

As a former dancer if you men only saw these women BEFORE their make up session you'd think twice. Yea it's that much of a process these chicks do. It always made me laugh. I was done in 15mins the rest took hours to prepare.

You have to know that most of your male friends are almost constantly thinking about...well, you know.

Maybe you're lucky though, and for them, you've crossed into that total friend zone. Not even sure you know about it, but it's when something switches in a guy's mind and a woman goes from being a fantasy object, to just a pal. I wouldn't have ever believed it, but one of my best buds has a hot cousin who is also girlfriends with his wife and my wife. At first, sure, it was difficult not thinking about it, but then later, for some inexplicable reason, something changed, and I could never really think that way about her now.

It's kind of funny too, because she's thin, yet puts away food like a Marine in mess hall. (though I'm sure while this amuses us, it probably inflames the gals)....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hehe, thank you for the female perspective on this.

It seems a few here are lacking a sense of humour but it's good to see yours hasn't quite left you yet. Speaking personally, a woman is usually fairly inscrutable. We never get to see them at their worst, only their best and how they get from worst to best is for most I would guess, quite the mystery (possibly even conspiracy!). Men on the other hand are a little more...practical. We check to see if we are wearing clean underwear (hopefully we did the laundry on time), possibly a quick brush of the hair and a rearranging of the change in the pocket and we are done. Ready to assault...revolt....insult... attack the world for all it has to offer.

Self-deprecating humour goes a long way to help too.

"Step 1, take a shower because you're probably dirty.
All done! Probably took a while cos you're one ugly mother..
Now it's time to do your makeup."

Aah, I think I just fell in love with that youtuber. I'm sure it must be illegal to feel this way about a girl I could (agewise) be the father of...maybe she has a (much) older sister?

You mentioned the group but forgot to mention which half you were in. Done in 20 mins or still busy after an hour? Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The world hates each other, not just girls. Guys hate each other. Guys hate each other if they were not taught how to love. Girls hate each other because they were not taught how to love. Do you think that a girl who hates other girls is going to love guys? That is called a Tomboy.

We just have so much of a variety in the world, you can't label anything but the fact that most people girls or guys either were not taught to love, make a choice not to love, or are unable to concieve giving love to the world.

Guess what, there is a good ending to this post - I have love. I am one of the few people who a stranger can come up to and say whatever they want knowing that I will give them a good comment and a smile, I am one of the few people who the stranger would be able to talk to because there is no fear in the knowledge of love, the knowledge of love, fear, and hate, and willing to abide by the rules of love. So it does not matter what sex I am but that I am an incredibly small percentage of the world that actually understands what love is. It seems to be that the more I learn of the true essence of love that hate can affect me. This maybe due to a premature knowledge issue on my part - I am learning how to love quicker than I am able to conquer every emotional frequency based on the thoughts of my brain interacting with my central nervous system from what I see in my magical box of reality.
edit on 17-2-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Haha

I'm the done in 20mins. It really doesn't take that long to get ready, if it does you are hiding many things! lol
I know hair can take a long time but make up shouldnt!
edit on 2/20/2012 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join