It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal Distortion: The True Beauty Of Our Universe (Time Lapse)

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Every once in a while I come across a video that blows me away without saying a word. This is some of the best time lapse video I've ever seen (arguably the best) along with a very fitting musical score. It's sad to think that we rarely take time to appreciate things that are often right in front of our faces.

What you see is real, but you can't see it this way with the naked eye. It is the result of thousands of 20-30 second exposures, edited together to produce the timelapse. This allows you to see the Milky Way, Aurora and other Phenonmena, in a way you wouldn't normally see them.

In the opening "Dakotalapse" title shot, you see bands of red and green moving across the sky. After asking several Astronomers, they are possible noctilucent clouds, airglow or faint Aurora. I never got a definite answer to what it is. You can also see the red and green bands in other shots.

Click here to watch the video (HD).
edit on 14-2-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I too was was taken on an inspirational trip with this vid. Amazing and unique perspective, as we sail through space on our little blue spaceship.
I did a thread on it also *, but yours is in a different forum, and the point is to bring what we feel others might dig onboard. So SnF man!

Peace,
spec

edit on 14-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That video was fantastic and the music was incredible!

Not sure if it was the music or not, but it made me wish I could fly through space

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That was stunning. My thanks for posting it and my sincerest congratulations to the makers...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I hear that! Makes me want to travel through space and visit all the planets.

Imagine coming from a neutral point of view onto earth you'd just be like holy sh*t!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Amazing!!

My mind just exploded with beauty.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for the embed. I didn't see it when I looked, only the vimeo source.

It's hard to stop watching...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Simply awesome, thanks for posting!
I really like this guys work!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow that's incredible!

They should make it in 3D, or make a movie from it, I would seriously pay to go see it at the IMAX.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Fantastic Vid.

I know alot of them are meteors and satellites passing through, but i caught a VERY unusual one at 3:33 to 3:40 in the center/top of the screen, as its panning out. ( kind of looks like a flipping coin)

Cheers for that....refreshing

edit on 15/2/2012 by scubagravy because: just cuz

edit on 15/2/2012 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Absolutely breathtaking, im actually glad we have had this cold weather lately in England, ive never seen so many stars in the sky where i live and find myself going outside everynight before i go to bed to look at them.

Thanks for this video S+F for you sir

join