It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry the cable guy's Bigfoot photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just saw these on Face book and you can go to "bigfoot evidence" for full story.

www.facebook.com...

Looks pretty good. Full story here on "bigfoot evidence" bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

Thats a pretty good site for updates on all things Bigfoot.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hey,,didnt You hear Mitt Romney ?,,bigfoot is a hoax ,,but then so is Mitt, and he still shows up,,so I guess bigfoots not a hoax..........go back to the mormon temple cult mitt....i dont see what is so hard to beleive about a highly elusive ape that tons of people see.maybe its the name "bigfoot" they started using back then...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Just saw these on Face book and you can go to "bigfoot evidence" for full story.

www.facebook.com...

Looks pretty good. Full story here on "bigfoot evidence" bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

Thats a pretty good site for updates on all things Bigfoot.

I would like to hope this is true. But so many things can come into play.
He has a television show, and to say he doesn't have more than one camera man....
As you film shots for movies, shows, or videos you need to get differ p.o.v shots.

I want to believe but I say its fake.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's probably just as real as "Larry the Cable guy" is....

No such thing as bad publicity. It won't hurt his fraudulent persona's career.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think that larry is a fraud, just like this cable guy that i once employed.

edit on 14-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I don't get it? What about that clip makes him a fraud? He is a comedian, he is better now after some decades of practice, but he seems similar then to now? Do people think he really wears the sleeveless shirts and talk about farts 24/7? Of course it is an act, that doesn't make him a fraud, it makes him an actor/entertainer/comedian.

Good God, you guys should see me. I'm straight up biker one day, then hillbilly redneck the next day, then suit and tie addressing legislators the following day, and hanging out with the gym rats and muscle heads some other day, and a nerd on ATS during the down times, discussing Quantum Theory with my brother and playing Chess when he comes around, and drinking beer, smoking cigars, and talking about midget sex when my buddies come through town!

Surely nobody believes we are a singular persona all the time?

Now the Bigfoot Pic on the other hand is pretty lame. It could be bark, it could be a cameraman, it could be someone doing it on purpose, it could be an optical illusion, it could be anything. Unless Bigfoot is just a huge Larry the Cableguy fan.

According to a CMT bio, Whitney grew up on a pig farm in Pawnee City, Nebraska.[5] He went to college at the now defunct Baptist University of America.[6] He credits his roommates from Texas and Georgia for inspiring his imitation Southern accent.[7] He dropped out after his junior year after trying his hand at comedy.
He became famous developing the Larry character, a personality that he now maintains throughout his stage act. The Larry character has a stereotypical redneck appearance, a thick Southern accent, recounts stories about his "family," and uses, among other common expressions, his own catchphrase "Git-R-Done!" A part of Whitney's routine is his affected Southern accent. He says in interviews and in his autobiographical book GIT-R-DONE that he deliberately "turns on" the accent both on and off stage, because he may forget it if he kept his normal accent intact

How is he a fraud if his history is out there, and he readily admits to it, and also admits to turning the accent on and off, and gives credit to his old roommates for helping him develop the accent. He was never really a cableguy either.

edit on 14-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Eh, he's an entertainer. It's their jobs to have fraudulent personas. They do whatever makes the $$$ roll in. I met him once. He was a nice guy and was in a nice hotel, walking around dressed like he does on stage. Still though... if I could dress like that and get a paycheck like his, I'd do it too. Fraudulent or not. ;oP

Not sure what to think of the bigfoot photos. If it's bigfoot, he seems to be frozen in one position. Unless I missed something.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm sure he's a wonderful human being, but his act is a fraud and MANY people who don't know any better believe it, and imitate it. Bobcat Goldthwait is another example of a fake persona on stage, very entertaining but still, not real. That's the only point I was making, not attacking them on a personal level or stating he isn't funny or a good guy, I just don't agree with the fake redneck personas, or the fake Mexican performers (Carlos Mencia).

To me it's like Larry being himself, wasn't paying the bills, so he, or his agent, invented the redneck persona to be more of a success. If someone being fake to be funnier fills your twinkie, have fun with that, doesn't fulfill me though.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just dont see it being a real sighting, just looks like a still taken from video footage, Im sure if they played the Video, it would be a sure Hoax, looks like some trees, and foliage

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I'm not a big Larry fan. I've seen him in concert and it was alright, but nothing stellar. I've seen Ron White also, and I like him even less.

The thing is, anybody on stage is just acting out a persona. I was a DJ when I was younger, and DJ's are also acting out a persona. Hell, when I'm at work, I've got my boss persona, and my buddy persona, and my professional speaker persona. I think we all do. If one of the personas is more popular than the others, maybe it gets used more often.

The funniest thing I've noticed is that the most outlandish stage or radio personalities are often the most shy and reserved in person. Its not absolute, but it happens often enough to be interesting. The best DJ/Emcee I ever saw was very shy and reserved in person. He only felt comfortable behind a microphone and sunglasses, he could barely speak to someone face to face.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Agreed. There are many levels of change from who someone is to who they pretend to be. The examples you described are of you altering your persona to better suit the people you are interacting with, we all do that. There is a major difference though when changing from a mullet with starch shirts and khakis with white sneakers to a rough neck cut off sleeve plaid holes in jeans grease monkey, that's kind of a completely different person, a 180 change.

Howard Stern is a shy and reserved type in person but on the radio he does his thing, it's entertaining but it is mostly him coming through that persona behind sun glasses. Now his former deceased guest - Hank the angry drunk dwarf was hilarious just being himself, no persona but his own uniqueness. I use to live 2 blocks away from him and saw him almost daily, who he was on camera is who he was in real life, entertaining and absurdly humorous. He used his life experience to his advantage and got him noticed by Howard.

There is something to be said for someone embracing their uniqueness and originality as opposed to imitation of culture or alter ego personalities.

edit on 14-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There is something to be said for someone embracing their uniqueness and originality as opposed to imitation of culture or alter ego personalities.

There is something to be said for that, and those people are usually the cream of the crop, but they also give so much of themselves away that they typically end in tragedy. It is extremely difficult to be an open book for the public to see you in all your flawed glory. It might be profitable, but it is also exhausting and damaging. I think it is much healthier to have at least a little bit of protection from the world.

Many of the greatest stars had extreme demons they dealt with: Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Robert Johnson, Hendrix, etc.

I'd rather see the celebrities keep a little privacy, and a little in reserve for their personal lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This was the guy that first discovered it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He's not a fraud, he's an entertainer making money. Saying Larry the Cable Guy is a fraud is like saying 'Mater is a fraud. No, Larry is a character and so is 'Mater. And so aren't all the other characters you see in movies and on TV.

He'd only be a fraud if he acted like that to pretend to be that persona 24-7. I knew it was an act but it shocked me when I transcribed an interview of him once and heard his real "self". He's actually very articulate.

Now the big foot thing? Maybe not fraud but certainly not real. I can't believe, after all these years with so many people looking for one, a clear, without-a-doubt photo has never been captured. I won't believe it until I see it. For me, Big Foot is a character, as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If you watch the video on the link from the op, at 5:45 there is something in the background behind the coaches head to the right of the screen that moves like an ape? Did you see that? What do you think that is?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I'm sure he's a wonderful human being, but his act is a fraud and MANY people who don't know any better believe it, and imitate it. Bobcat Goldthwait is another example of a fake persona on stage, very entertaining but still, not real. That's the only point I was making, not attacking them on a personal level or stating he isn't funny or a good guy, I just don't agree with the fake redneck personas, or the fake Mexican performers (Carlos Mencia).

To me it's like Larry being himself, wasn't paying the bills, so he, or his agent, invented the redneck persona to be more of a success. If someone being fake to be funnier fills your twinkie, have fun with that, doesn't fulfill me though.

I completely understand where you are coming from. It was a real turn off for me when I found out that Harrison Ford doesn't really carry that whip around all the time.

As far as the pic.... I saw nothing that could have even been misconstrued as bigfoot

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Actually it wasn't staged or a hoax, the production company is going back to that location.....go figure.

join