It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning from Lulzsec - Banking system to be attacked in next few weeks (America)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just read a few posts on a certain social networking site:

A new message from Lulzsec.

In a matter of weeks there is going to be an unprecedented attack on the American banking system. We don't want to start a panic but if you do business with a major bank (BOA, Chase, Citi etc.) Take the proper precautions. #DayZero

They continue:

only national banks will be affected

They also further encourage using credit unions and not national banks.

--

What are your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good.
If theres one thing i want to see done this year, its to see this current joke of a financial system to be taken out of the power of a few hands,
Some people probably wont like this "B-b-but my money!?" well, take it out of the bank then. Everyone should
, but it wont happen because there is not enough solid cash in a banks fault to cash that much money.

At least -someone- is doing something, regardless of how they do it i suppose.
hopefully they get some very incriminating data through this 'attack'

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
well if they only could hack into everybody's account and set it to lets say: 1.000.000.000 dollars?

for starters?

oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Ferrari here i come!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i'm not sure anyone needs to take down a sinking ship. could be the propaganda mill getting started, you know, they need someone to blame the collapse of this ponzi scheme on.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Are you sure? You didn't provide a link... however the only "real" lulzsec account on twitter is twitter.com... and they haven't made a post since july of last year as the group went their seperate ways a short while after, they released a statement saying their "fun was over" and they dispanded.

I believe the account owner for "lulzsec" on twitter is Topiary, the guy who is currently awaiting a court hearing ater being arrested.

I'm aware there are other copycats ('lulzsec brazil' off the top of my head) but these are completely different people all over. Which account did you spot this message from?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh great. just freaking great. I get my FIRST irs refund back in a few weeks and now this. I want my 65 bucks! It figures IRS uses chase bank.. oh crap wait a second. This could be a new conspiracy. The IRS could be broke and cant afford refunds. This could by them some time for the check to come in from China! It is not Lulzsec. it is IRSsec.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

here's one link.

like you said.

i don't know if this is for real.

but here you go

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

and twitter account

@AntiSecOp

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Via FB - it's on a few different pages including anti-sec / lulzsec - not claiming any of this is true, just spreading the info.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here we go again. Lets hurt the little guy and average person so we can make a statement. Heres an idea why not specifically go after corrupt politicians and banking elite and leave the rest of us the hell alone? You know the average person that depends on every last dime of the couple hundred bucks they have in their bank accounts. What these idiots don't care about is the damage that they cause to the majority of the people that are just trying to survive and get by. I understand what they want to convey and why they feel the banks need to be put in check. But a total lack of stopping and thinking what it could do to others is just as bad as what the banks are doing. Which only makes me believe more and more that they are just a bunch of either kids with no financial responsibility or people who have no home, job, kids etc and just wander around mooching off of others and then demand that they be compensated or else. There are much better ways to make a statement and to make change other than screwing with other peoples lives and way of living. I live paycheck to paycheck like many others around here and I will be dammed if I or my kids have to go without because someone thinks it's funny or cool to hold other people hostage financially which is basically what they are trying to do with these bank attacks.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OP I am certainly not trying to shoot the messenger so S&F to you for passing along the information, As I don't follow their movements and much appreciated to be warned.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
OP I am certainly not trying to shoot the messenger so S&F to you for passing along the information, As I don't follow their movements and much appreciated to be warned.

hey don't worry, I understand

--

Anyone got any more info on this?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Haven't known lulzsec to use facebook (i admit i don't and never will use it) but the tone of some of the posts on there sound a bit odd to me, i'm sure its a different person posting on facebook as it was on the twitter account.

It's worth keeping an eye on though.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

.. as much as I love these guys causing havoc..

.. simply spamming a website until you cant access it any more isnt really an attack...

im yet to see them hit anyone and cause massive problems, either for the website, the systems or the companies operations.

You want to attack the banks?

well do more than paste a splash screen on their website..

hit them hard.. or stop wasting time!
edit on 14-2-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

whether or not this warning is true, i think you are blowing it a bit out of proportion.
you have been warned and no offense intended but "when you sleep with the devil, you burn with the devil"
if you are foolish enough to continue doing business with a monster, then suffer it's fate ... that is your decision, not theirs.

thanks for the headz-up OP, i hope those caught in the web realize it was their choice to be there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
And what would be gained by Lulzsec anouncing ahead of the game their forthcoming intentions ?
Why give away any elements of surprise by declaring your intentions to the world ?

Sounds phony to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Wouldnt this give the Govt ammunition for censership of the internet and also as stated in the above post why would they advertise it

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
And what would be gained by Lulzsec anouncing ahead of the game their forthcoming intentions ?
Why give away any elements of surprise by declaring your intentions to the world ?

Sounds phony to me.
i agree there is great potential for this to be 'phony' however, to answer your question, collateral damage.

as we do not know the extent of their attack and i seriously doubt they aim to harm the average joe, a warning is rather appropriate, wouldn't you agree?

as for the "element of surprise", it certainly still exists.
and, do try to remember, the US warned Japan of their pending doom but did they heed the warning?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

whether or not this warning is true, i think you are blowing it a bit out of proportion.
you have been warned and no offense intended but "when you sleep with the devil, you burn with the devil"
if you are foolish enough to continue doing business with a monster, then suffer it's fate ... that is your decision, not theirs.

thanks for the headz-up OP, i hope those caught in the web realize it was their choice to be there.

So because I own a house and have kids I am sleeping with the devil and doing business with a monster? You see my concern is when I go to pay my bills and these idiots jerk around with the system not allowing me to access my money causing me to be late on paying etc. Who is going to pay the late fees and charges? So no I am not blowing it out of proportion it is a very serious problem when I lose money out of my pocket even if it's just a matter of it being tied up temporarily. The solutions that these idiots try to employ is like using a hand grenade to kill and ant hill, when all they need to do is simply walk over and kick it with their foot. So my question is why the broad spectrum attack? Why not deal with the problem head on, me thinks it's cause they are not capable, they don't think they just act. And that in my mind points to childish behavior not something a grown man would do.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by Honor93

So because I own a house and have kids I am sleeping with the devil and doing business with a monster? You see my concern is when I go to pay my bills and these idiots jerk around with the system not allowing me to access my money causing me to be late on paying etc. Who is going to pay the late fees and charges? So no I am not blowing it out of proportion it is a very serious problem when I lose money out of my pocket even if it's just a matter of it being tied up temporarily. The solutions that these idiots try to employ is like using a hand grenade to kill and ant hill, when all they need to do is simply walk over and kick it with their foot. So my question is why the broad spectrum attack? Why not deal with the problem head on, me thinks it's cause they are not capable, they don't think they just act. And that in my mind points to childish behavior not something a grown man would do.

what does you owning a home OR having kids have to do with your BANKING decision?
what makes you think your "mortgage" division is what they're after?
if your kids have accounts, why did you seat them at the devil's table?
don't you have a member-owned credit union available? if not, start one.

IF it is merely your convenience to bank with one of those monsters, well then, i guess your convenience comes at a price, doesn't it?

look, i'm not knocking your financial management, you're doing that well enough on your own.
all i'm suggesting is you take steps to avert damage, even if you plan to stay with them.
after all, it's your choice.

i never said i supported the attacks and i certainly don't dismiss the warnings.
i still think you're blowing it out of proportion because you have the power to change your perceived outcome ... not many have had that option along the way.

again, i am not condoning these acts but i'm certainly not putting my finances in the "line of fire" either.

join