It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters vs Cops: Striking fire officers soak PM office in Brussels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Several hundred firefighters have broken through police lines and hosed down the prime minister's office in Brussels to protest the government's tougher retirement plans. Firefighters demand to keep their early retirement age at 58, arguing their arduous job does not allow them to work into their sixties.

I came across this video on YT, and I think it is a tell-tale sign of the times!

Firefighters using their hoses on the police?! Does this remind anyone of what happened to citizens during the riots in the 60's?

This may be in Brussels, but I think we will soon see a similar sentiment brew within the American public servants very soon, including the police forces. Time will tell, but I think this is a clear sign of how far things have deteriorated across the globe.

Some people think RT is not a valid source, but the video seems to speak for itself.
edit on 10-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I dont doubt if they did that to cops in the US they would get shot.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
See the look on that cops face at the end? (the one with his visor up), he looked so 'demeaned',
This is how you deal with the cops! Firehoses and extinguishers! haha

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

When the cops turn their weapons on their brothers in the fire departments, society will have hit a new low and I doubt the firemen will be the only thing the cops have to worry about.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Lol I wonder what the police here in America will do when the same government they believe they are protecting stabs them in the back too.

I'm kinda surprised the firefighters actually did this, while on duty. I mean I completely understand their reasoning but it seems like there would be major consequences? I mean it's cool to protest but when you are protesting while on duty about retirement and spraying everyone down with water I just don't see these guys getting the actual chance to retire as a firefighter.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

What is the government going to do? Are they going to fire a portion of their emergency services department? I don't think they are that dumb.

Who will come to the rescue when a fire breaks out?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

nothing, despite conducting this in a neutral (protest free lol) zone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
Lol I wonder what the police here in America will do when the same government they believe they are protecting stabs them in the back too.

I'm kinda surprised the firefighters actually did this, while on duty. I mean I completely understand their reasoning but it seems like there would be major consequences? I mean it's cool to protest but when you are protesting while on duty about retirement and spraying everyone down with water I just don't see these guys getting the actual chance to retire as a firefighter.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

Not really all that surprising. Firefighters job is way more intense and dangerous then a Police officers job. As every-time they are called into action, it literally could be the last time.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piett

That's one thing that always irks me. A "protest-free zone"?

OK, I will agree with "protest-free zones" when I can find a "tax-exempt job"!

join