It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time and Again [TJWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is going to sound unbelievable but this is the 350th time I have written this all down, and even though the timelines have diverged into versions of history most people cannot comprehend. It is ultimately only I who remembers them all.

So where do I start? Well I suppose it all starts at the end. There is an old saying that when you die your life flashes before your eyes. Well I can assure you there is a very good reason for that. It would seem that upon death(well for me at least) I am thrown backwards in time as I relive my life in reverse starting from the point of my death till my birth. From all the research I have done it seems like everybody is born into the Alpha timeline. The original timeline where all consciousness sprouts from, that is why the first life seems like the only life because everybody in that timeline is living their first life. When we die and go back to the start of our birth we create an alternate timeline an offshoot of the Alpha timeline. Where it seems everybody is still experiencing their first incarnation except you, very similar to fractal geometry.

The first time I died was the most terrifying and blissful experience of my life. Fear of the unknown and the void the moment you draw in that last breath consumes you to the point of blacking out. But you don’t black out and once the fear subsides, you realize your consciousness is still for the most part still you. I remember thinking is this it? Then came the tunnel of light, rushing at me and hitting me like warm velvet. I saw my life played out backwards all my deeds good and bad. Time didn’t exist and I don’t know how long I was in that moment, felt like a second and felt like an eternity. Eventually the images and memories collapse into a singularity and that is the point of my birth. It’s a traumatic and painful experience and I can understand why so many of us choose to block it from our memory.

Imagine as a sentient being that has never experienced reality through the senses of a human. The shock to the psyche is jarring to say the least. The first birth is always the hardest, the second time around is surprising because it’s the first time you are reborn with all the memories of your first life. After the 3rd and 4th it becomes routine. Think of it like “ground hog day” but it’s not just one day, it’s for as long as you live.
Now having lived on this planet for 350 lifetimes I can’t even remember my original existence in fact I’m not even 100% certain its 350 it could be more. It’s all a jumble of memories coalescing into one, the only thing I retain is knowledge. It seems the point of all this if there IS a point to it all is knowledge and experience. Ultimately it’s about achieving a level of complete oneness with everything. Here is the kicker. Everybody in this version of reality is experiencing their life for the first time as I once did. But each time they die they go back to the start and create a new alternate reality with its own timeline where they retain the memories of their first life. So with the memories of the first life they have the option of living the same life all over gain or doing it completely different. Isn’t free will a beautiful thing?

So why am I posting this story in this forum for the 350th time? It’s because since this all started I have noticed one major common thread that ties all humans together, the fear of death. It’s amazing the quality of life a human has when he doesn’t fear death or the unknown. You live your life to such capacity fully living in the moment. Insecurities and fears have no meaning. People have no power over you. The world really is you’re oyster. That’s why I do it, to remind people and inform them that there is nothing to fear.

Here is a tip for the first timers, don’t start talking till at least your first birthday. I freaked my mum out at 3 months when I told her I wanted a cheeseburger. Walking will come naturally once the atrophy in your muscles have abated and you gain strength in your limbs. Depending on your culture and time period they will think you are either gifted, cursed or possessed. Above all things maintain a cool head and have patience with them. This is beyond anything they have experienced as in your reality this is their first incarnation and your second. My only other advice to you all is have fun but not at the expense of others. We are all co creators in this universe and what we do has as influence on how others create. It is a massive responsibility and one we should not take lightly. Best of luck in your adventures and remember don’t take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

04/02/2012

edit on 3-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
S&F.

I enjoyed the premise very much.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, It was based on a topic i have been discussing with a friend and i thought it would be a good idea.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

wow that's very interesting.

why haven't others as yourself come forward to tell everyone about this?

maybe they are all busy having their minds totally blown that this is the way it is? ( if this is true? )

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, It was based on a topic i have been discussing with a friend and i thought it would be a good idea.

do you also have the option to be born in different time lines?

im sure if someone went in a tardis, to a long time ago far far away, they might see starwars level technology in a civilization that isn't around right now?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Short story forum = Facepalm.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by boncho

do you also have the option to be born in different time lines?

im sure if someone went in a tardis, to a long time ago far far away, they might see starwars level technology in a civilization that isn't around right now?

Err...

Well Methodologically speaking from the context of the story you dont choose the time frames per say you make them or live them. So you can have infinite versions of your life.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ah yes. Time travel and reincarnation mixed up. Rebirths are excruciating. You have to make a deal with yourself. It's better to forget past lives and just live the life as you are in it. Coming down the birth canal for the 350th time? Does it reallly take so many lives as 350? I hope not

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Ah yes. Time travel and reincarnation mixed up. Rebirths are excruciating. You have to make a deal with yourself. It's better to forget past lives and just live the life as you are in it. Coming down the birth canal for the 350th time? Does it reallly take so many lives as 350? I hope not

Its for a short story competition that's running on ATS. The story with the most flags wins so if you liked it feel free to flag it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Very very very well done. It's such a pleasure to read grammatically correct and thought provoking material. SnF.

I've often thought about the lack of machinery in a TT experience. Perhaps it's just a spiritual experience after all? Thanks for sharing this story, and I truly hope you decide to make a few more entries before the end on the month.

Again, you have talent, and ought to explore it a bit more. You have quite a way with words.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Very very very well done. It's such a pleasure to read grammatically correct and thought provoking material. SnF.

I've often thought about the lack of machinery in a TT experience. Perhaps it's just a spiritual experience after all? Thanks for sharing this story, and I truly hope you decide to make a few more entries before the end on the month.

Again, you have talent, and ought to explore it a bit more. You have quite a way with words.

Thank you for your kind words. Coming from someone of your writing caliber that is indeed a compliment.

I am myself an avid fan of all things time travel as my ID might suggest. To say i have wasted countless hours debating temporal paradoxes with my fellow scifi fans would be an understatement

So i have always wondered about the possibility biological time travel. Since time or rather its measurement is predominantly a human invention i figured it was a subjective experience and went with a more metaphysical angle. I may drop another entry in if i get time but It would have to be of a certain caliber as i am up against some very good writers. Its funny i have written a couple of short stories but it never occurred that i should post it here. Again thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I dont think you need the luck as im sure you have the winning story but good luck anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't say the time was wasted. I too contemplate with others. Then again, it's kinda funny to waste time talking about time travel.

BTW, the contest isn't over. There is also second and third place still wide open.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm looking into another story but not sure if i should extend a variant of the original or create a completely new premise.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
S &F

Very well written!!

Applause

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
S &F

Very well written!!

Applause

Thank you kind sir

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Really good stuff!

It definitely left me pondering for a few minutes (perhaps a few centuries -- perhaps more -- not really sure.)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader

Really good stuff!

It definitely left me pondering for a few minutes (perhaps a few centuries -- perhaps more -- not really sure.)

Thanks for the kind words and dont forget to flag it if you like it.

Also check out my other entry if you have the 'Time'.

top topics

join