It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Korea (with Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ive seen a lot of threads on North Korea and seen the reactions from a great many people on this site.

After the death of Kim Jung IL , people seem to be completely immune to the amount of poverty, death and brainwashing that has gone on in this country and its poor people.

I came across this video done by national geographic that highlighted a lot of these issues. I beg you to please please watch this all the way through, to get a real feeling of the heartbreaking state of NK.

I know many will just turn around and say "well look at America and what it does to its people" etc etc.

Look, I know the US isnt an Icon of perfection.. but this is just tragic.

The reporters in this video are embedded with a man traveling to NK on a humanitarian mission to do eye surgeries for people in Pyong Yang (sp) that are desperately needed......they could only get these surgeries because they were ALLOWED to by their dear leader......

It actually brought tears to my eyes, and heartbreak at the end of the video, when instead of thanking the man who returned their sight, they repeatedly, one after another, bowed before a picture of their dictator....

Never realizing the fact, that the reason they were in that position was because of his regime......

Im sure ill get flamed, but I dont care......

Truth is truth, and once you know it, you cannot un-know it........

Flame on

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
vice.com has a good documentary about north korea. and several other countries. one the go into siberia and there is a town full of north korean slaves who think they're still in north korea

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I watched a few documentaries around the time that Kim Jong Il died. The one you posted, I think, was the first I watched. I thought the doctor did a great thing helping all of those people, and found it absolutely disgusting that not ONE person showed one iota of appreciation to the doctor or his team. Every single one of them thanked that sick freak.

one part in particular I found gross was when the crew was walking around, and wanted to take a photo of a statue. The handlers got into such a tissy.

North Korea in general is just a screwed up place.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Honestly with all that is going in the world the North Korean issue is the only one that really concerns me. [Yes, more so than Iran and Syria] China has let it slip that they no longer want to shoulder North Korea. They are an economic drain on China and every month or so North Korea threatens their neighbors [many of whom China has closer and more profitable economic ties with]

The US/West is no paradise to live in or deal with but we all know North Korea has some major issues above and beyond. I hope I'm wrong but I believe North Korea is as many here at ATS suspect, that being a Nuclear armed powder keg just waiting to blow and it wont end well or be pretty for all involved IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I tried to watch this video but I get the message that "the uploader has not made this available in your Country"

Canada here......why can't I view this?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If this is the one about the doctor and his "assistant" going in to help with peoples eyes, then yes it is definitely worth watching.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the vid.

I'll be sure to watch this later tonight.

S&F

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
I tried to watch this video but I get the message that "the uploader has not made this available in your Country"

Canada here......why can't I view this?
Regards, Iwinder

I have no idea, it was done by the national geographic channel, it was one of their documentaries, not sure why yhou wouldnt be able to?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
If this is the one about the doctor and his "assistant" going in to help with peoples eyes, then yes it is definitely worth watching.

Thats the one, its heart wrenching to watch, and even more disturbing to see the amount of worship that they have for their leaders, even tho it is them that keep them in this perpetual state of squalor and death...

They get extremely upset over videos taken and pictures taken w/out consent, and were watched from even before they got to NK to the time they got all the way back home! I thought this was extremely over kill IMHO...

People need to keep places, and events like this video illustrated, in mind before passing off NK ........

Its really a shame more cant be done, I just hope his son isnt as much of a tyrant, and allows his people to thrive....

However, seeing as how this seems to be a communist legacy handed down, i dont see that happening

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can't watch it either(western europe). I hate that kind of stupid intellectual property restrictions over an informative and/or cultural documentary. I just can't wait for the fall of that system.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn
I can't watch it either(western europe). I hate that kind of stupid intellectual property restrictions over an informative and/or cultural documentary. I just can't wait for the fall of that system.

you can try nationalgeographic.com the video is on there as well under videos

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I wouldnt want to shoulder them anymore either, especially with Kim jung il dead......

Now there is someone on the power grid , who they dont know, and arent sure how hes going to run the place.......

Im not sure how that relationship was anyway all these years, seemed always a bit hit or miss

I would be interested to see just how much in aid china gave them
edit on 30-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just to add to those having a hard time watching this. It is also available on Netflix, and another one I might suggest on topic, is Crossing the Line. Crossing the line is about American soldiers willingly defecting to North Korea, and their lives since making the decision.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
Just to add to those having a hard time watching this. It is also available on Netflix, and another one I might suggest on topic, is Crossing the Line. Crossing the line is about American soldiers willingly defecting to North Korea, and their lives since making the decision.

Really American soldiers defecting to north Korea?

Ill have to check that one out

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Thanks for the headsup.

I'll search for that video.
This should be interesting

join