It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained creatures caught on video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have a video I shot in Oct. 2011 I was with some friends making a short film and after we wrapped for the night we went to watch the footage. I have a big tv and while watching one of the clips I noticed something in the background, that i didn'tnotice while filming. My gut reaction was kids walking across the street. After watching the clip over and over no one could say for sure what it was and we joked it was gnomes.
What they look like is something walking on 2 legs with no tail. they seems to be taller than long. It seems like once the lead one crosses the street the second tries to pick up pace to catch the lead.
I don't know a lot about analyzing these kind of things, but something about it just seems off.
If I had to say it was something that wasn't just a common animal I would say its shadow people. Later seeing something on tv about baby bigfoot it made me think to look into that more also.
If I had to say it was an animal. I would say it is raccoons. I don't think it looks like a cat or a dog at all but the footage was shot in the midwest so a really big raccoon is possible.

here is the link: www.youtube.com...

Any help debunking this or thoughts what it could be would be appreciated. Im no expert at analyzing this type of stuff. I wish I could instantly tell it was a cat or something, but since I can't I want to share it.
Even in 1080p the youtube clip doesn't capture exactly everything that I feel like I can see when I play it on my tv, but it gets really close. If there are some pros at going over footage I can make the orginal HD file availible. It was shot on a canon 7d. Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thatscotland

I'll hazard a guess at them being racoons.
They have a funny gait.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
looks like skunks or racoons to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

either cats or dogs or some other animal (really to small to give an exact answer) or the person who made the film added it in...after all it is not a raw video footage. it is clearly edited and messed with...
how about getting ahold of the raw untouched footage?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on January 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thatscotland

My guess (although a very unprofessional one, lol) is that it's two cats crossing the street. I think it's the direction they appear to be coming from that makes them look taller than they are long. At first, it appears that they're walking straight across the street and I think that causes an optical illusion and makes them look tall, but when you really look at it, they seem to be crossing the street diagonally and walking toward the camera, at an angle. When you think of it that way, it's more easy to visualize how they could just be cats.

At least it's easy for ME, HAHA! But, like you said, I'm sure there is much more to see on a large tv. I'm just on my laptop with a 17" inch monitor, so I'm not claiming to be 100% correct on this. This throwing my opinion out there is all.
Certainly not claiming I'm right.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
so anything filmed at night from 100 yards away is an unexplained mysterious creature?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i dont see the "creatures" in this film?

starting at 2:03 and on....they never show up....so seems they were added in? or is there another copy?

ETA...im assuming the other one is a different shot....
edit on January 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
it's a dog / cat to me

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the reason they are not in the short film is because we used a different take than the one where stuff was in bg.
What was said about them not walking straight across street makes sense at an angle could hide the tail

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatscotland
the reason they are not in the short film is because we used a different take than the one where stuff was in bg.
What was said about them not walking straight across street makes sense at an angle could hide the tail

gotcha! that is what i figured....
didnt realize you were the filmaker...somehow overlooked that part

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
...That's probably just two cats or raccoons.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
you're breaking my heart, i was hoping to see the lizard man or something, not an alley cat

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I want to say Raccoons because I live in an area infested with them and from far away they have a weird gait that sometimes make them look like they're 'creeping'.

Especially if young ones or babies are trying to catch up to the mother and they're being cautious.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'd agree with others in thinking it's coons.
Could also be opossums.
or cats.
or small dogs.

It's a residential area. People keep animals.

One neighborhood I lived in, people kept chickens and they were always getting loose.
Those could be chickens.

then again, if you've ever watched Totoro ...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Cats, dogs, racoons -
looked like one was on
a bicycle.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Insufficient Sensory Data.

It's just too far away and out of focus to give an accurate assessment. It could be a lot of things.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Racoons was my gut instinct. Seemed to have a larger end. But unfortunately it falls in the "Blobsquatch except for gnomes" category. Blomes? Blurrmes?

Plus one thing that I hate, and I have this problem too, is that even if you did catch something because it's a movie you were working on you would almost instantly be discredited. It's unfortunate since filmmakers are the most likely to have quality cameras laying around.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
At first it was the Blobsquatch. Now as if that wasn't ridiculous enough already we have people making video analysis of two moving pixels. So I've got to ask: are you guys for real?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Doesn't move like a cat, but does move like a racoon.

Racoon. In plural.

join