It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized Occupy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, I assume most of you have heard of OCCUPY already, but now, there is more to it. There is a new way for the OCCUPY movement to ORGANIZE and plan ahead. A new home for those without homes. Even those without internet?

www2.wsls.com... origonal video included.

Where most people have a dining room table, Winston Marsten has five computers in his kitchen (more) 0 Ratings Post a Comment or Rate this Video » View More Videos Related www.SayOccupy.com logo Winston Marsten, creator of www.SayOccupy.com Winston Marsten, creator of www.SayOccupy.com By: JENNA ZIBTON | WSLS Published: January 05, 2012 » 1 Comments | Post a Comment VINTON, VA -- Where most people have a dining room table, Winston Marsten has five computers in his kitchen. He's hosting the start up website www.sayoccupy.com, in an attempt to connect protesters in the movement around the world. Marsten wants this to be a free website, without advertisements. "I wanted to do something for the 99 [percent]. I wanted to give them a home, a place they could call their own to work together, to come together to come up with ideas to help change what's going on in America today," Marsten says. The self-employed Vinton man says other sites like Facebook kept 'Occupiers' separated. He started creating 'SayOccupy' back in September, but launched all the features on January 1st. "We've had over a thousand some people since Monday. We've had over 300 some members log on and sign up," Marsten told me. The website has the ability to link thousands of people together with live, global virtual assemblies. "Here they're able to communicate via by cell phone, video camera, text messaging, and other forms of communication. So this gives them a new outreach that they've never had before," Marsten said. There are tabs to instantly share PDF documents, chat, and vote on poll questions. There's also an educational section. "I have some people from Spain, the U.K., as well as the United States already joining in, and posting blogs, and doing things like that to help further this movement" says Marsten. He also claims to have spoken with various "Occupy" groups overseas, and expects to merge with them in the future.

Further investigation into this I have found that there is talk of even more craziness even since this article has been printed they have changed a lot. They added a better software for the global assembly where occupy movements over the world can get together, share files and have video and phone chats in their own password protected rooms for each movement all at the same time in an organized fashion.

The site is legit and running on a volunteer basis only.

This man has changed things in a way that nobody else will. The founder is running along side of a couple of other sites for the occupy movement individuals, he is not competing with them, he wants the occupy movement to succeed and he thinks this one has a ton of potential and many better features in the works.

Severly understaffed, and running on no funding for the time being, they are working hard to keep this a success.

They are currently looking to expand the website to apps for the android but have run into funding issues because of the lack thereof at this moment, only being online since a couple weeks ago.

I give the Founder a high five for bringing together the world so that we can make it a better place.

even though he has already received some protest towards this by a misinformed random person
www2.wsls.com...

sayoccupy.com...
edit on 10-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: Title Change

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
just to counter any people calling occupy freeloaders.... look at who has squandered american money, its not the working class who are now out of jobs...
edit on 10-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: added

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
yaaaawwwnnn... thought the kiddies had gave up at playing wanna be revolutionary... too bad they're still clueless and offer no workable / viable solutions... doubt that their hygiene and manners improved any either...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
yaaaawwwnnn... thought the kiddies had gave up at playing wanna be revolutionary... too bad they're still clueless and offer no workable / viable solutions... doubt that their hygiene and manners improved any either...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well i definitly hope that actions such as this are able to actually better organise and change the style of these protests and bring them back with a peaceful yet aggressive vengeance in order to appeal to the masses and take effect, therefore not being viewed as just some random hippie movement
edit on 30/09/10 by Maccaron.Shakaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Not Trying to go back and forth here but I must point out the irony of your post and your point.
Ask yourself, What did you just offer?

"clueless and offer no workable / viable solutions"

edit on 10-1-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Organized Occupy?
The whole point of it was to be leaderless. If you are leaderless, then you can't be organized.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I ask anyone who thinks the people of the occupy movement are ALL hippies who never shower, bathe ect to go ahead and lose everything and live on the streets and stay in your clean clothes with your clean hygeine... and see how easy that is. a lot of these people have been driven there by the greed of the society. So you first make the hippies and then punish them?

There are plenty of other people involved in Occupy that have regular jobs so they cannot attend these occupations, who bathe, and its not fair to put them in the boat your putting them in either.

This site doesnt support the whole anti america stance from what ive been told, they are trying to help the movement and keep the peaceful part in the protest and make change.

you can be leaderless and organized at the same time its a meeting place with info and tools to help organize the people. Volunteers run it, No one person represents another. Really that is still a leaderless movement, just with more ability to organize and connect with each other.

Originally posted by Expat888

clueless with no workable /viable solutions.

hmmmm.

would being more organized with the wealth of knowledge not be a step in the right direction?
i dont see anyone else making any solutions. At least they try, and in many many cases are succeeding more than you know.

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Well i definitly hope that actions such as this are able to actually better organise and change the style of these protests and bring them back with a peaceful yet aggressive vengeance in order to appeal to the masses and take effect, therefore not being viewed as just some random hippie movement
edit on 30/09/10 by Maccaron.Shakaron because: (no reason given)

yes, this was the founders reason for creating the website from what im told. A war within the occupy is brewing between the peaceful and the ones who want to just lash out and say "FUK you" to america. They are the so called hippies everyone is talking about. Unfortunately it will be hard for them to overcome the stigma that has been laid upon them.
edit on 10-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: added more replies

join