It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Media Spin Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Come across any 2012 debunking / spin propaganda?

Now that we are in the infamous year we can expect more of the shallow "The Mayans didn't actually predict blah blah blah" vs. even more shallow "The end was predicted many times blah blah blah". I get why believers believe and skeptics don't, that has been played out. What interests me is the fact that the signs have been abundant in 2011, and they are only going to get more blatant, so we end up with severe doublethink, where the MSM promotes the idea to scare you but not TOO MUCH, enough that you need a valium scrip, but not so much you stop being a slave.

NASA weighed in - those guys are scientists so you know they can't be bought, and they are never wrong.

www.youtube.com...

If the MSM goes out of its way to trash an idea then it must be valid, keep that in mind this year.

Beavis and Butthead - www.hulu.com...
Wife Swap via The Soup - www.youtube.com...

BandB don't really count, it's just to show ubiquity. The Wife Swap episode of course used typical wackjobs to represent any believer. Not spin so much as ratings ploy...

Personally, I believe our sun is going to go supernova when it forms a galactic cross with its axis and the bloch wall, the inner planets will quantum phase shift into 4D entities, to us it will appear as if the sun has gone black.

But yeah, post any recent or new links to articles and vids, please explain how you feel it is spin.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to bookmark and wish everyone the best for 2012 ...peace

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm sure Satan and his minions have plans for 2012, but anything will be a poor foreshadowing of the return of Jesus Christ.

Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

fascinating. How do you think Parousia will happen? Will a hippie descend from the sky? Focus people. Y'wanna know how they ARE GONNA SPIN THE SECOND COMING?

Read GLORIOUS APPEARING en.wikipedia.org...

"But suddenly, when all seems lost, the entire planet is covered in shadowless light and Jesus Christ returns to Earth in power and glory followed by the armies of heaven, slaying the armies of the Global Community with the Word of God in the four final battles of the Apocalypse, leading to a final confrontation with Antichrist in Jerusalem."

or watch THE OMEGA CODE 2 en.wikipedia.org...

"At this boast, a bright white light lances down into ruins of the headquarters and begins dropping meteors of light upon the battlefield. Every enemy soldier is killed, while all of the allied survivors remained untouched and freed from their bonds. The fallen priest is dismayed at Satan's defeat and tries to run from the battlefield. A globe of light chases him and quickly impales him with swords of pure light. Satan himself is last, as he is driven to his knees and forced to admit that "the Nazarene" is Lord."

The people who produce END TIMES FICTION portray JESUS as a NATIONALISTIC, GENOCIDAL HIPPIE/LIGHTNING BOLT.

AND YOU BELIEVE IT!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

I don't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture so your question is irrelevant. The pre trib-rapture in my opinion is a twisting of scripture without biblical support, and as Jesus said no-one knows the day or the hour of His second coming - with this in mind a 7 year tribulation makes a mockery of Jesus own words.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
DOOM PREPPERS, NEW SERIES:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Personally, I believe our sun is going to go supernova when it forms a galactic cross with its axis and the bloch wall, the inner planets will quantum phase shift into 4D entities, to us it will appear as if the sun has gone black.

Our Sun is not large enough to go nova. Your belief is impossible.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

no, because I don't believe in nuclei like they do, therefore the proposed mechanics of supernovae don't apply.

www.thunderbolts.info...

staying on topic...
edit on 3-1-2012 by Kalki11 because: added link

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
new one: gma.yahoo.com...

Mayan Calendar Predicts Doomsday in 2012. Or Not

MASSIVE SPIN!

classic bs ABC

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

The Sun will not go nova - ever. Using an absurd claim such as the electric universe claim is humorous at best.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

The spin began witht he hoaxes pushed by new age authors such as Arguelles.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"...While the ancient Chinese were developing their systems of astrology and geomancy, people across the Pacific were finding other ways to predict the future.
The Mayans of modern-day South America purportedly had a calendar that showed the world would come to an end on December 21, 2012.
Like the historians who rubbish such interpretations of Mayan belief, So says there is no need to fear the end is nigh.
"Doomsday is just a bunch of make-believe," he says..."

new topics

top topics

join