It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappeared under NDAA? This is what will happen to you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Since becoming a member here at ATS, ive had two police officers move in on both sides of me. So now both of my neighbors are police officers. Im sure its a coincidence, but it does annoy me. I cant imagine they would "buy" houses and move in just to keep an eye on a conspiricy nut like myself. That would be wasteful tax dollars.. Then again, they steal and confiscate so much money, they could have done it with illegal funds. For now I wave, and shoot up some small talk.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Me thinks you should become friend with them and wake them up little by little. The only change we got is if cops and soldiers rebel against the government once the orders are given, otherwise, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

The more cops and soldiers have seen what's really going on, the better it will be. Cops and soldiers aren't our enemy, they are just TOOLS of the tyranny.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This NDAA stuff is starting to sound like the aliens and their "Federal Police", where they can arrest you and "hold you forever without power of attorney" or something like that. It sounds like their trying to make this stuff legal.

It sounds really fishy.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

where they can arrest you and "hold you forever without power of attorney" or something like that.

It's not ``sounding like``, it's LIKE THAT.

It sounds like their trying to make this stuff legal.

It doesn't sounds like, it's LIKE THAT and they are not trying to make this stuff legal, THEY HAVE MADE IT LEGAL.

We are not in the ``IF`` and ``MAYBE`` department now, we are in the IT'S DONE, IT'S HERE, RIGHT NOW department.

Like the jews who read Hitler's Mein Kampf, then for years they've warned about it, and then Hitler took power and pulled his false-flag and started the propaganda against the jews... it was just a matter of time before the jews were to be arrested.. this is where we are now, everything is set up, all they need right now is ONE CRISIS and that's it, everybody is going to camps...

If Ron Paul continues to gain ground, it wouldn't surprise me if they pull a false-flag like OKC and blame it on ``Ron Paul supporters`` and start arresting them under the NDAA.

After all :
MIAC Report: Ron Paul Supporters Labeled Domestic Terrorists?

That was in 2009.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe I'm not seeing something that you guys are. In Sect 1021, it clearly states that it does not cover American citizens, resident aliens and is not limiting or expanding the Presidents authority to do so. I have been on the band wagon of rallying against this bill, and while I have not yet read the whole thing, the parts that people are discussing clearly do not cover Americans or those living here legally. It covers people aligned with Al CIAda and those that are fighting coalition forces.
What am I missing? Please show me where in this report that they can make something up and "disappear" a citizen? There is no reading in between the lines, it is very specific that this law does not supersede due process for citizens and resident aliens.

Subtitle D—Counterterrorism
SEC. 1021. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILI- TARY FORCE.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in sub- section (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

(c) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR.—The disposition of a
person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111–84)).
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person’s country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity. (d) CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this section is intended to limit
or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

Please don't bring this issue again. It's been settled at least a THOUSAND TIMES... it affects US citizen, period. Look on ATS, there's hundreds of threads on it and on the internet, there's probably tens of thousands of articles on the subject by lots of kind of people.

IT AFFECTS US CITIZENS.

Obama insists on indefinite detention of Americans

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thank you for this thread, Vitchilo.

No matter what evidence you put forth, the Ostriches will still keep their heads stuck in the sand. The rest of us must ask ourselves what we're going to do and erase any fears of death. I believe that many will have to defend their families and will die trying.

I must add that we need to pay close attention to all the officials who are retiring right now.

In the book, Can It Happen Again: Chronicles of the Holocaust, the chapter titled "Chronology of Laws and Actions Directed Against Jews in Nazi Germany 1933-45 states on page 48:
"April 7, 1933 - All non-Aryan civil servants, with the exception of soldiers, are forcibly retired."

The rest of what I've copied from the book is the chain of events and actions surrounding the holocaust.
On page 49 of the same chapter:
"July 14, 1933 - German nationality can be revoked -- for those considered "undesirable" by the government."
"August 3, 1934 - Adolph Hitler declares himself both President and Chancellor of the Third Reich."
"November 16, 1937 - Jews can obtain passports for travel abroad only in special cases."

On page 50 of the same chapter:
"October 5, 1938 - Jewish passports are marked with a "J"."
"November 9, 1938 - Vom Rath dies. Goebbels, recognizing the propaganda value, issues instructions that "spontaneous demonstrations" against Jews are to be "organized and executed" throughout Germany -- in retaliation!" The Pogrom begins.
dictionary.reference.com...

po·grom
   [puh-gruhm, -grom, poh-] Show IPA
noun
an organized massacre, especially of Jews.

"November 11, 1938 - Jews may no longer own or bear arms."

On page 51 of the same chapter:
"September 3, 1939 - WORLD WAR II BEGINS."
"February 12, 1940 - German Jews begin to be taken into "protective custody", that is, deported to concentration camps."

On page 52 of the same chapter:
"July 31, 1941 - Beginning of the "final solution"."
"October 14, 1941 - The large-scale deportation of Jews to concentration camps begins."
"May 15, 1942 - Jews are forbidden to keep dogs, cats, birds, etc."
"October 4, 1942 - All Jews still in concentration camps in Germany are to be transferred to (extermination camp) Auschwitz."

On page 53 of the same chapter:
"April 21, 1943 - Jews found guilty of crimes are to be conveyed to extermination camps in Auschwitz or Lublin after serving their sentences."
"July 1, 1943 - Property of Jew to be confiscated after his death."

On page 25:
"To secure cooperative behavior, the Nazis employed outright lies. Those loaded on trains for shipment to the gas chambers were told that they were being "resettled" in labor camps in the east. Outside Germany, few people believed the reports that began trickling out about the existence of extermination camps. The very idea was preposterous."

In the chapter "Extermination of the Gypsies" on page 129:
"The Jews were not the only group in Germany stigmatized as alien, but they were the only stigmatized group of political significance whose elimination had been promised publicly by Hitler 20 years before it began. The Gypsies were also designated for destruction, although scarcely any publicity was devoted to the "Gypsy problem"."

From the chapter "Man As Aggressor" on page 231:
"That man is an aggressive creature will hardly be disputed. With the exception of certain rodents, no other vertebrate habitually destroys members of his own species. No other animal takes positive pleasure in the exercise of cruelty upon another of his own kind. We generally describe the most repulsive examples of man's cruelty as brutal or bestial, implying by these adjectives that such behavior are confined to man; and there is no parallel in nature to our savage treatment of each other. The somber fact is that we are the cruellest and most ruthless species that has ever walked the earth; and that, although we may recoil in horror when we read in newspaper or history book of the artrocities committed by man upon man, we know in our hearts that each one of us harbors within himself those same savage impulses which lead to murder, to torture and to war."

From the Chapter "Albert Speer Speaks" on page 170:
"I should have and actually did realize it sooner, but kept playing at this hypothetical game until it was too late -- well, because it was easier. . . .
That was the kind of weakness and hypocrisy I accuse myself of, because I had begun to realize even then that Hitler was playing havoc with German lives and resources; but I put the thought away. It was too dangerous. It is easy to rationalize things -- patriotism in war, and all that. That is my guilt, and I don't deny it."

(If there are typos, they are mine and not from the pages of the book.)
edit on 28-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

"July 14, 1933 - German nationality can be revoked -- for those considered "undesirable" by the government."

Aka ``enemy combatants``.

Adolph Hitler declares himself both President and Chancellor of the Third Reich."

That has already happened in the US since the president now can do whatever he wants and congress is too corrupt to do anything... this has been the case for about a decade.

Jews can obtain passports for travel abroad only in special cases."

Remember the no-fly list? You cannot even travel abroad if you are on it.

Jewish passports are marked with a "J"."

They have lists of political dissidents and ``potential terrorists``...

Vom Rath dies. Goebbels, recognizing the propaganda value, issues instructions that "spontaneous demonstrations" against Jews are to be "organized and executed" throughout Germany -- in retaliation!" The Pogrom begins.

This is going on everyday in the US... propaganda against Ron Paul supporters, people against war, against the fed, etc... cops are being brainwashed that anyone who question the government is a terrorist.

Jews may no longer own or bear arms."

This is coming, for everybody.

German Jews begin to be taken into "protective custody", that is, deported to concentration camps."

Under NDAA they will do this.

If the elite can have their way, millions will die, just like in the Soviet Union.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
To add to the information in my post above, who are today's "undesirables"?
- Dirty hippies
- Protesters
- Anyone unemployed
- Anyone on food stamps
- Conspiracy theorists
- Terrorists as well as anyone who falls into this category as it expands to include anyone who voices displeasure against the system

The term "terrorist" has become organic meaning that it has taken on a life of its own and is swallowing up to include anyone the government feels are threats to national security, which includes actions as well as ideas or even the possibility that someone may be too powerful and gaining recognition as well as popularity with their anti-government views.

Edit to Add: I just read your reply to my post, Vitchilo, and I appreciate the clarifications and paralleling comments you've added to my information. People need to wake the hell up!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I just can,t believe that the American people haven,t taken to the streets to protest.
Is it true that this law can be used anywhere in the world ?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

People are protesting against the NDAA, but the media isn't giving them any air time, so you're not going to see anything about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Is it true that this law can be used anywhere in the world ?

Yes. The megalomaniacs running the US government think they own the world.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

People are protesting against the NDAA, but the media isn't giving them any air time, so you're not going to see anything about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind of like Ron "who"? If it's not on the tv it doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would just like to add for all the Obama-bots out there. . . .

Next year we may have a new president.
A republican!

Would you want a republican with these same powers and controls?

(cue dramatic music)

If it's Ron Paul, sure. (Though He's really a Libertarian...)

I am trying to pass all the info I can on the NDAA and what it means. So many say, "That would NEVER happen in the US!" Yeah. Like the citizens of Germany said when Hitler did His initial things.

[sigh]

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
But oh no, lets worry about the poor and elderly on welfare and SS, lets kick the backs in of the unemployed, because they're the ones ruining this nation, not the sociopathic politicos who are going to have us locked up for the rest of our lives if we express our dissent

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
To add to the information in my post above, who are today's "undesirables"?
- Dirty hippies
- Protesters
- Anyone unemployed
- Anyone on food stamps
- Conspiracy theorists
- Terrorists as well as anyone who falls into this category as it expands to include anyone who voices displeasure against the system

Ack! I am...a dirty hippy, protester, unemployed, on food stamps AND conspiracy aware!

The term "terrorist" has become organic meaning that it has taken on a life of its own and is swallowing up to include anyone the government feels are threats to national security, which includes actions as well as ideas or even the possibility that someone may be too powerful and gaining recognition as well as popularity with their anti-government views.

Likely a "terrorist," too. Oh, They're gonna come for ME, tell You what!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by bekod

I think you are right, the link I posted is BS apparently...

Anyway, you do know it's December 28 and notice they haven't updated their website since December 23 right?

And, for the sake of argument, let's say Obama DIDN'T sign it...

Doesn't matter, it is now law since any law passed by congress becomes law automatically after 10 days even with no signature on it.

The bill's finale vote was on December 15. We are now December 28. It is now law.

Alternately, the President can sit on the bill, taking no action on it at all. If the President takes no action at all, and ten days passes (not including Sundays), the bill becomes law without the President's signature. However, if the Congress has adjourned before the ten days passes and without a Presidential signature, the bill fails. This is known as a pocket veto.

December 27 was the 10th day.

I think they were closed for the holidays so we probably have a few more days. Is congress in recess right now?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well then it certainly seems like a good enough reason for you all to not go pissing people off and making yourselves look like a threat then yeah?

I highly doubt those people ended up in gitmo because they were innocent, military intelligence is not stupid. They branded the guys that flew the planes into the WTC during 9/11 as threats years before G.W. Bush, they tagged them as serious threats to national security during Billary Clinton's administration and military intelligence was ordered to stand down and do nothing and then they were reassigned.

Odds are if you end up in gitmo taking a ride on the waterboard it's probably because you were branded as a serious threat to national security.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A rather funny and ironic thought occured to me. It is highly likely that anyone on this website and an other website like ATS may already be branded as "terrorists". Makes me wonder how long it's going to be before the other shoe drops. For all we know this website might have been desigend to coral people of like mind who might be considered potential threats in one fashion or another. Something to think over at any rate. I wonder what role the moderators have to play in flushing out those people?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

in your question as to what your missing it is right here form your post

2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
the line that has me bugged know how the Gov thinks and works is this

or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

does not seem that intimidating nor worry some as it is read but how it could be missed used.
That is to say: protesters or Unions that go on strike and interfere with Gov operations or block Fed buildings, court houses, roads, streets,or docks could be seen as such, hostile and belligerent persons.

Ones that do not cooperate with law enforcement or Mil personal, or do not leave or disperse when asked too. OWS is a good example or this so is anti war protesters dock worker unions and ones that just want to protest this does not mean just here in the USA but any were as well if you say your not for the USA and protest against in a hostile and belligerent manner then you could be on the list or the group could be.

edit on 28-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join