It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Is anyone besides me like, terrified of some sort of oncoming plague? I for one am. You never know what's gonna wipe out the species. Could be war, could be famine, could be plague. Never know. Like the fallen Soviet government's weapons program. You never know what happened to the vials of that # at the fall of the wall. They had all sorts of horrible weaponized plague. Who knows. Or the U.S. government could have some sort of equivalent. You never know and I wouldn't put it past them. That, or one of the troops will pick up some terrible virus from where-ever-the-hell middle eastern nation.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No reason to be worried, just prepare as much as you can and watch for signs of an outbreak. I don't think it will happen, but that doesn't stop me from preparing. Think of it as extra insurance.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The human immune system is amazingly efficient. I suggest you do what you can to boost your system. Maybe have on hand for periodic use things like vitamin c, oil of oregano, and some echinacea. We are all exposed to germs and viruses every day and yet we do not all get sick from it. Just imagine the germs nurses, doctors, and hospital visitors are exposed to! These germs travels everywhere. Just be aware. I take alcohol swipes along for when I think they may be handy....like wiping down telephones, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I had this convo with my GF last night, whats the point of living if your scared all the time. The best you can do is prepare for the worst and hope it never happens.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Plagues will scour the earth in the final days. That is a given. The most important thing you can do is get right with God. Barring that, I would only be really concerned over an airborne plague. Defending against that is extremely difficult. I would think that a mask bathed in lysol would kill most viruses, but that is strictly a guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

All I have to say is that the only thing that kills more than human beings killing each other are biological agents. It is crazy how nature works, but in the end, all we are are just higher order animals destined to survive the Hell of nature. I doubt any sort of disease will be released, however, lets just hope nobody releases a lot of infectious agents that are stored in many areas throughout the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Is anyone besides me like, terrified of some sort of oncoming plague? I for one am. You never know what's gonna wipe out the species. Could be war, could be famine, could be plague. Never know. Like the fallen Soviet government's weapons program. You never know what happened to the vials of that # at the fall of the wall. They had all sorts of horrible weaponized plague. Who knows. Or the U.S. government could have some sort of equivalent. You never know and I wouldn't put it past them. That, or one of the troops will pick up some terrible virus from where-ever-the-hell middle eastern nation.

Ironically, it's the stress of worrying that will probably get you...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Plague??? A person is more likely to die crossing the road or slipping over and hitting their head and dying in there own bathroom, rather than dying from some biological plague outbreak ...lol

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Drug resistance is the main problem I think.

Tuberculosis, Malaria, Avian Flu and Swine Flu are all becoming resistant.
Then there are those wankers who are creating their own monsters in a lab.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I just feel like this planet isn't prepared for the equivalent of like, the next great plague, like bubonic, or smallpox. For as much as mankind is civilized, there could always be the surprise of something, some limiting factor.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I would think that a mask bathed in lysol would kill most viruses, but that is strictly a guess.

Please don't give people advice anymore. Huffing is very detrimental to a persons health.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

too many people spend too much time worrying about hypothetical situations , carpe diem

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I would think that a mask bathed in lysol would kill most viruses, but that is strictly a guess.

Please don't give people advice anymore. Huffing is very detrimental to a persons health.
Jeez. People are so stupid. Why on earth would they huff this stuff. Ok, try bleach or maybe vinegar. TPTB are not going to protect most of us, agenda 21 guarantees that. If someone has any better ideas, speak up.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We've had war, with this recession, we're entering into famine, next comes plague. I'm not religious, it just seems to be a cycle. People are poorer, less well fed, less likely to go to the doctor. You know they say whooping cough is coming back? Whooping cough, of all things. Now if that can come back, what makes it impossible for something of a bigger caliber to cause a decrease of the species?
Or what's to stop some well paid general of where-ever over-populated country to conspire with some members of the medical department, and say, "Well, we don't like 'X' type of people. Why don't we just make something to wipe em all out". Only it doesn't just stop at 'X' type of people, it spreads to all types of people, and starts to wipe the whole species off the map. People keep thinking the world's gonna end with a bang, like it's gonna be nuclear.
How do you know it won't end with a whimper?

new topics

top topics

join