It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog uses gun to save her pups!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Johannmon, others may have flammed at you, but I certainly like your thinking. I am not really sure about animal euthanasia and its effects, but I agree with your overall thought.

If a gov't puts a man to death it is called punishment, when a person does it, they call it murder, even if he is punishing him for doing the same thing to his family or relatives.

What a great world we live in!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I haven't seen anybody flame Johannmon at all, just disagree.

If the animals haven't been given a real chance at adoption, it's murder. If the guy could have gotten it right and actually done it painlessly and quickly, that might have been one thing, but he obviously was having firearm issues which lead me to the conclusion that he should not have taken the burden of ridding the world of these "unwanted" puppies on himself. Puppies do have a good chance of getting adopted, just as babies have a better chance than older children. My objection to his home-made approach to dog population control is that he wasn't very good at it and by foregoing the shelter, he didn't give them all the options they should have been allowed to have for finding homes. He allowed the dog to get pregnant and have the litter, so he needed to take more responsibility for them than to try and put them down by doing a bad job of it. The shelter should get the chance to find homes for them, and if they must meet an unfortunate end, let the professionals do it properly.

With any luck the mother will be fixed and this won't be an issue again for him.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Johannmon,

There are shelters that are no-kill zones. Means they dont kill the animals, ever.

I dont think the guy should be charged, he was not being cruel.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How painless is getting shot in the head? Now maybe he would have been charged a fee for a "legal" euthanasia that he could not afford. There just had to be a better solution.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If it's done right, I have heard that being shot in the head is painless due to death being instantaneous. The victim simply has no time to feel anything, the old "never knew what hit 'em" thing. But this is really speculation since nobody who's been shot in the head properly has been available to testify to the validity of this assumption.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yup, and since the bullet is supersonic, you never even hear the shot being fired. You would just collapse dead without ever hearing the gun go off.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
If the animals haven't been given a real chance at adoption, it's murder.

Murder? Not in the eyes of the law. I really don't see a cruelty to animals charge here unless they can prove that the animals suffered.

By the way. I know a guy who was shot in the head.

I said, "Wow, that must have hurt."

He said, "I didn't feel a thing." In fact, he has no recollection of the event at all.

The last thing he rememebers is sitting in a CH46. The next thing he remembers is waking up in a hospital.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Legal semantics, really. They're not going to bring murder charges against him, obviously, so cruelty is the next way to go. I would think being shot in the wrist would be enough of a punishment, along with a warning to get the mother fixed.

If he lived, he wasn't shot properly. Just can't get good help anymore!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join