It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good time travel movies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A lot of good ones already mentioned.

I'd add, The Langoliers (TV miniseres). Probably the best Stephen King movie adaptation, as far as faithfulness to the material. Interesting, and unique view on time.

Also, the Planet of the Apes movies of course.

Flight of the Navigator (one of my favorite UFO movies) also has a time travel aspect to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I love time travel movies.
It seems strange how different schools of thought deal with time paradox. I also there are at least 3 time travel movies that have my birthday (10/10) as a key element: Timecop and Frequency. Aliens Vs Predators mentions it too, but is not a strictly time travel movie.
Growing up, even though it is sappy (and mentioned by someone else), I also like Somewhere in Time. Jane Seymore is hot & I identified myself with Cheistopher Reeve (pre injury and death), also being 6'4", brown hair, and blue eyes.
Gazrok & Mrs Gazrok have poked fun of my love for this movie, but found and old copy & gave it to me for my b-day about 5 or 6 years back.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zintac

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by pointr97
Yeah, Donnie Darko is one of those movies that drags you in kicking and screaming, but you just can't stop......The end will send you spinning.

Donnie Darko.....

That movie confuses me and I hated it.

Watched that one a few times till it finally clicked.

Everything after the plane engine crashing into the house was a bubble in time. with a temporal paradox thrown in.

That's the thing, I "got it" first time but I just think it's a horrible movie.

<< 1   >>

join