It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cupcake Deemed 'Security Threat,' Confiscated By TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
At first i thought this was a joke, but the scary part is that it's real.

BOSTON -- A Peabody woman says a cupcake she tried to take on a flight with her sparked a potential security threat this week.

Rebecca Hains says she was going through security at the airport in Las Vegas when a TSA agent pulled her aside and said the cupcake frosting was “gel-like” enough to constitute a security risk.

She said she was able to pass through Logan International Airport security with two cupcakes, but she was stopped on the way back when she tried to return with one of them.

Hains said she had received the cupcakes as a gift and after eating one on the trip out west, decided to save the other for the flight back.

“Apparently we're a tasty, terrorist threat. I guess we were also amazed at what can pass through security in one airport, but not in another,” said Brian Vilagie of Wicked Good Cupcakes.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

This is just madness and clearly needs to be stopped.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The TSA agent was prolly just hungry and wanted the cupcake for himself!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

I really hope TSA agents can control their "urges" better than that, especially when they're feeling up children.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't understand the "gel like" comment about the cupcake. I mean....you can take gel toothpaste on board as long as its not over 3 ounces right? As long as it's wrapped in a bag. Unless they've changed the rules even more, I didn't think small quantities of anything were that noteworthy.

What could you possibly put that is gel like on a cupcake to cause an in flight hazard. Unless it was a huge cupcake.
I can remember the days when you could take a bottled coke through security as long as they could watch you take a drink off it first. TSA is just looking to try to start trouble.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well the TSA is now going to expand to include trains and subways (TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore).

I'd like to see how they handle morning commuters with their coffee and bear claws - it will NOT be a pretty sight.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Pretty soon the evil tsa boogymen will take all the cupcakes.

Then you are really in trouble.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That was today, the friendly TSA man cut a slice out of this guys cake. Hey, stripping searching people is hard work.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well the TSA is now going to expand to include trains and subways (TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore).

I'd like to see how they handle morning commuters with their coffee and bear claws - it will NOT be a pretty sight.

Yah the idea of tsa screeners at bus stations and subways just feels so WWII Germany. Are they also going to be walking through the aisles staring down people to see if they look like terrorists?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The thing that drives me nuts about the TSA is that while they were busting balls focused on an effin cupcake 6 terrorists made it thru with shoe bombs underwear bombs boxcutters etc... You smell what i am stepping in... TSA is a joke. Soon to be reported fodder on my end is that the sis in law just joined the mighty TSA. Cant wait to hear bout all the potential cupcake bombs she has saved us from..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Vhere are ze papers???

MMM? A cupcake? Nien!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What idiots, I can't believe this. I have never flown, and after hearing all these crazy stories I never will. My sister-in-law is getting married in Vegas in Jun, I am driving there from Chicago.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Here's yer star... and the trooper coming after my pastry had better be Krav Maga friendly,
'cause I WON'T be. You likey,we go now. Would you care for a quart of nice sticky boiling
cappucino to wash that puff paste scimitar off your tunic with, Sparky? Just kidding, I KNOW
you guys and I both rely on coffee, for God's sake it's PLASMA. But really, where's "NO" at
in our vocabulary this year?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is really sad... You know the Pillsbury dough boy will never make it through the TSA to get on his flight to candy land...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I heard all of them are on special deployment to the North Pole at the moment. Imagine how poor old Santa's day is gonna go if he hasn't enough sweet feed for the reindeer and is forced to go back to his hub for refueling before filing his flight plan to America!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Whew! My goodness. That was a close call. What next? Some lunatic might carry on a fruit pie or something, that has a gel like filling right? Dang, what if some nut case tries to board with a Moon Pie? Or think Apocalypse, a whole box of Little Debbie cakes or Twinkies! That could take out every plane in the sky at once.

For real...how in the world do we make it mandatory that ones IQ must be larger than ones shoe size to work security? And to top it off the stooge that made the call was a supervisor! Let's find out this guy's location and we can all pony up a few bucks and get a local bakery to deliver dozens and dozens of cupcakes to this guy. He would freak out and have to call haz-mat crews to remove all these dangerous things!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

and the trooper coming after my pastry had better be Krav Maga friendly,
'cause I WON'T be. You likey,we go now. Would you care for a quart of nice sticky boiling
cappucino to wash that puff paste scimitar off your tunic with, Sparky? Just kidding, I KNOW
you guys and I both rely on coffee, for God's sake it's PLASMA. But really, where's "NO" at
in our vocabulary this year?

LOL, well the first 300-pound TSA agent that asks me to fork over the cupcake is going to wish his job included hazard pay. Maybe we'll just have to bring a special brand of cupcake on our morning commutes, the "Turbo Colon-blow Ex-lax special" - "You want to confiscate my cupcake, officer?" Well here ya go, bon apetit!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The cupcake was probably discovered to be made from natural ingredients.

Food can only be considered "safe" if it's GMO.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This really "takes the cake!"
The Seriously Anal folks at TSA did it again.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

That's exactly what i was thinking, I'm from NY and I know in the city everyone is eating/drinking on their morning commutes on the subway. The TSA can't freak out over every cupcake and donut, can they?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
make some nice laxative laced cupcakes and give them to the T.S.A thugs when you fly...
and tell them to "have a nice day"...

join