It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Cops LAUGH at Victim of a Car Accident "Dont' jog to work you dump [snip]"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And that is their way of coping, right or wrong.

They are two completely different institutions, with two completely different expectations and motives. You can't compare apples to oranges.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have been in positions of employment where I was around disgusting things every day and did become desensitized but never did I amuse my self at such horrible misfortune of others. You're entitled to your "morals" you call them that, but I'm very happy with the morals I possess.

A regular old Jesus Christ you are. Glad I could meet such an un-flawed, straight shooting person at least once in my life.

Hey, I'm not judging so you need to step off your soap box pal.

Exactly! You are not judging. You are just interpreting their actions as bad and then coming to the conclusion these men are bad.

Thats not judging!

I'm not saying all people in these positions do this, but it's happening more than you would want to know.

Of course, you would know, right?

I have a feeling that the bozos in this video are part of that corrupted sub culture.

I too make all my opinions based off of feelings. Big Foot IS real. I felt it so I know.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The uniform comes with a certain code of ethics whether it's military or police.

Here's the Code of Ethics adopted by the SPD: www.nacole.org...

Their behavior runs afoul of several. Respectful and Unbiased treatment not being the least.

www.seattle.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The uniform comes with a certain code of ethics whether it's military or police.

Some members just don't seem to understand that, in fact, they almost embrace the ignorant actions in a display of pity towards the culprit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by nixie_nox

Here's the Code of Ethics adopted by the SPD: www.nacole.org...

Their behavior runs afoul of several. Respectful and Unbiased treatment not being the least.

www.seattle.gov...

It has been said before. These people are human, not robots. They are not hardwired from birth to be perfect cops.

I suggest you take a step back and remember that you have flaws too. To which a morbid joke is nothing by comparison.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I love it... "SPD does not condone this type of behavior"

So explain this to me like I am a 5 year old. The Officers have had no consequence at all for their actions. They were not suspended, there was no reprimand, they have not lost a single day of work. So how is SPD not condoning this behavior?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

First paragraph of your source mentions that these codes vary by agencies.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Some members just don't seem to understand that, in fact, they almost embrace the ignorant actions in a display of pity towards the culprit.

Resorting to straw man arguments.

No one "embraced" their actions. No one pitied them.

What we did was, and listen closely, give an explanation for why they did that. Just cause we didn't go "Douche bags from birth!" does not mean we condone this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

It has been said before. These people are human, not robots. They are not hardwired from birth to be perfect cops.

If they cant do the job they shouldnt be in uniform.

I suggest you take a step back and remember that you have flaws too. The worst of which is nothing compared to a morbid joke.

I think you meant: "To which a morbid joke is nothing by comparison." Otherwise you're actually backing me up.

I could be a baby eating dolphin killer and that is certainly something compared to a measly morbid joke.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Resorting to straw man arguments.

No one "embraced" their actions. No one pitied them.

What we did was, and listen closely, give an explanation for why they did that. Just cause we didn't go "Douche bags from birth!" does not mean we condone this.

No Strawman argument here, the snippet of mine you quoted was quite truthful, your over reaction is somewhat amusing, you seem eager for confrontation, please forgive me if I keep a pleasurable demeanor as I'm in a good mood today

That was my interpretation of the scenario and if you don't like it, too bad

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I suggest you take a step back and remember that you have flaws too. The worst of which is nothing compared to a morbid joke.

Is it human to mock someone who is dying in the street while they are dying in the street?

I am a joker. I make jokes about EVERYTHING. Absolutely nothing is off limits to me for a good laugh. That being said, there was nothing funny about this. What is this morbid joke you are even talking about? Where was the punch line?

What we see in that video is cops joking about the driver of the truck and making fun of his accent, but there is no joke about the victim. What they are doing, is blaming the victim for getting hit by a truck because he was jogging to work. There is no joke in that! It is an opinion, not a joke. It is a criticism, not a joke. So can you please point out to me this "morbid joke" you are talking about?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

First paragraph of your source mentions that these codes vary by agencies.

The code may vary. The SPD adopted the NACOLE code as it is written.

Besides, wouldnt you think it a reasonable code to adopt? Or dont you think police should be expected to express respectful and unbiased treatment?

Ill keep looking for a department that adopted a "mock the suckers" code and get back to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If they cant do the job they shouldnt be in uniform.

Great! You can put your life on the line then! Problem solved!

I think you meant: "To which a morbid joke is nothing by comparison." Otherwise you're actually backing me up.

Nice catch. Wouldn't want to appear to be doing that, now would I?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ill keep looking for a department that adopted a "mock the suckers" code and get back to you.

Man, you just made me laugh really loud

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I'm glad that various members are pointing out that it isn't proper human nature to find humor in others' misfortune. I have heard the coping mechanism excuse before, many times, and I don't buy it. It's a cowards excuse. You can call me high and mighty if you want, but it's true.

This widespread acceptance of ignorance amongst the people is holding us back as a society, there are many levels of this poison in existence, the specific example in the OP is a perfect example.

I don't care if you think that I'm acting better than you or anyone else, because I know that you're incorrect if you actually believe this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I will have to say that at the end of the video when they say, 'An apology is within the realm of possibilities.' I was pretty irritated.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No Strawman argument here, the snippet of mine you quoted was quite truthful, your over reaction is somewhat amusing, you seem eager for confrontation, please forgive me if I keep a pleasurable demeanor as I'm in a good mood today

Over reaction? How was pointing out your fundamentally flawed argument an over reaction?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Great! You can put your life on the line then! Problem solved!

I have and do with unnerving regularity. Facing down weapons and drunks and fights and accidents when the police are nowhere to be found.

This notion that police are somehow living a more dangerous life than others is bunk. For one the police have widely outlawed any action that could be considered a police action. For another urban society has roundly denounced non-police action for personal defense or defense of others.

It's easy to say "no one can do my job!" when I make it illegal for anyone else to do my job.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm glad that various members are pointing out that it isn't proper human nature to find humor in others' misfortune.

And how did you divine this particular knowledge? Roman Colosseum come to mind here.

A more modern day example? Reality shows. Or, and pay attention, youtube nut shots.

Many people have always found others misfortune oddly funny and entertaining. History has proved it.

This widespread acceptance of ignorance amongst the people is holding us back as a society, there are many levels of this poison in existence, the specific example in the OP is a perfect example.

What? Ignorance of douche bag cops? No, I am pretty sure everyone knows cops can be bastards. Thanks for trying though.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I have and do with unnerving regularity. Facing down weapons and drunks and fights and accidents when the police are nowhere to be found.

Obviously I don't believe you. Sorry about that.

This notion that police are somehow living a more dangerous life than others is bunk.

I don't know if throwing yourself in the middle of a volatile situations with unstable people on a regular basis is dangerous.

Wait, it is.

For one the police have widely outlawed any action that could be considered a police action. For another urban society has roundly denounced non-police action for personal defense or defense of others.

I'm sorry, are you advocating we be policed by a private organization?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join