It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Parents Permit Man to Beat Their Child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is a man in California who has a reputation for beating children, the weird thing is that the parents are allowing it.

This is just wrong.

An Irvine couple who suspected their 15-year-old son of smoking turned to a man believed to be relied on in their church to violently discipline children, authorities said.

The parents asked Paul Kim, 39, to discipline their son after finding a lighter in his possession, dropping the boy off at Kim's Chino Hills home with permission for the beating, San Bernardino County sheriff's spokesperson Cindy Bachmann said Saturday.

Kim hit the child with a metal pole about a dozen times, causing severe bruising on his legs, according to Bachmann. The pole was about an inch in diameter, investigators said.

An adult at the boy's school saw the bruises and called Irvine police, who in turn informed San Bernardino County officials, she said.

Kim was arrested Tuesday at his home and released Thursday after posting bail. He faces a felony charge of willful cruelty to a child. No court date has been set, according to jail records.

The San Bernardino County District Attorney's office was reviewing the sheriff's department report and will decide whether to charge the teen's father, Bachman said. It wasn't immediately known whether the father was present at the time of the beating.

The names of the boy and his parents were not released.

Investigators believe Kim has been used in this way by other families in the congregation, and asked for victims and witnesses to come forward.

The name of the church was not released but Bachman said it was located in La Habra.

It wasn't immediately known whether Kim had hired an attorney. A message left at a Chino Hills listing with his name was not returned Saturday.

Source

The father may get away without being charged. The parents are lucky that their child wasn't taken away, they're also lucky that they weren't sent to jail. I definitely believe the parents should be charged.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yet the wonderful peaceful religion of islam believes in honor killings. Certainly you approve of that???[/sarcasm]

Using the metal pole is way over the line, but when I was in school the vice principal would paddle us when ever we dared break the rules. Aside from the metal pole, I see no difference. I hope that is the only reason he is being charged.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How utterly disgusting.

Why do so many parents in our day rely on and assume other people should disciplin their children?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

where did it say it was an Islamic church? Paul Kim is not a Arab name. why do you assume they are Muslims?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Yet the wonderful peaceful religion of islam believes in honor killings. Certainly you approve of that???[/sarcasm]

I must of missed something. What does your post about have to do with the OP's thread topic?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wow in the UK it is considered child abuse if you hit a child.... This man should be locked up..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
reply to post by DarthMuerte

where did it say it was an Islamic church? Paul Kim is not a Arab name. why do you assume they are Muslims?
I thought I made it clear that I was making two unrelated observations in one post. I find it interesting that the op is an islamophile yet has a problem with corporal punishment.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I think you missed something.

Mr.Muerte has something to prove. Anytime something bad is said about Christian's he probably needs to deflect, rather than accept that all religion is rooted in guilt and violence.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When i was a school kid if a teacher caught me on the left side of the corridor rather than the right he/she would shout my name tell me to put my hand out and cane me twice.As an adult i look back and i can see there was some very strange teachers at my school who seemed to "get off" on beating kids.
As a parent i dont raise my voice to my kids never mind my hands.I now see it for what it is,bullying plain and simple,allthough some of my teachers seemed to get horny about beating children.
I hope this geeza gets prison time and some weirdo gives him the same treatment.As for his dad .......we all grow up,and what goes around comes around.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

The part that disturbs me the most is that this "man" was known for disciplining children from the church, they're investigating to find out who else has been through similar treatment. Perhaps this is just the beginning of what will be uncovered. He may end up doing some hard time.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hard time, hard being the oprative word. As i said what comes around goes around.

Live happy.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is something being done to change North America into Church states. These parents should be in court, and seeing counselors and become normalized.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Its cool

"Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being." Proverbs 20:30

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. -Proverbs 22:15

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

Jail those parents and remove their son.

This is abuse. I am totally disgusted. and sick. Parents, discipline your own child kindly.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Kim hit the child with a metal pole about a dozen times, causing severe bruising on his legs, according to Bachmann. The pole was about an inch in diameter, investigators said.

Severe bruisings? This is child abuse, the line has been crossed when it leaves marks.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The line has definitely been crossed.

At the age of 15 your child should no longer be getting "spankings" or any other punishment of that nature. Perhaps in unique situations the old man has the right to put his son in check if provoked but this type of punishment is just wrong, it's comparable to torture in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So tell me... when your child is crying for a bike in the middle of Wal Mart, I bet a slap on the wrist shuts him right up doesn't it?

Way to prepare you sheltered little rabbit for the big bad world.
edit on 11-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

join