It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Owl Just Wants To Be Petted

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

That just made my day.
Thanks for posting something awesome!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What they don't tell you is that they had super glued the owl's feet to the perch days before.
second

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OMG! if it wasn't for "The Fourth Kind" I would for sure want an owl right about now. Really cool vid!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Im not gonna lie, that was a cute-bomb....the white one turning its head was ridiculous and i think at 1:08 they had a great sound/blink synchro..... S & F. Can somebody scratch my head? jealous...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Great video !! Owls are amazing , beautiful birds !! Thanks for sharing that with us all it's a nice change from conspiracies and doom and gloom !!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What a find. Just as my evening was turning sour with a computer build going bad, and things going downhill slightly on ATS here comes the Owl. Make you want to go out and get one for a pet. But I heard somewhere they are very voracious meat eaters and hunters. Maybe not..I just watch the video again and keep my cats.
S&F wonderful video
DH

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Cool!

I thought I was the only one to react like that when someone rubbed my head...

Glad to see I'm not weird or anything...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I had a "pet" owl. Are you nuts?

They are very dangerous. No one should try to handle an owl with bare hands.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh yea! I love owls! I have had and nursed serveral back to health and they can be very sweet, they can also tallon your eyes out. Beautiful none the less!
:u

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Totally awesome - I have always
loved owls. Use to watch this one
fly around when I lived on a
4th floor apt in LA. Just this one
huge owl use to come close to
the window, sit there and turn his
head and stare. I thought the owl
and I had a good relationship.
The little baby owl is precious -
loves his petting.

Thank you OP - very uplifting!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So sweet! I have always loved owls, and think that perhaps there is far more to the species than meets the eye... they were the totem bird of Athena, after all! Noble, strong, silent, and in one case, a glutton for petting... just like I like my men!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How gorgeous, the little fella's face looks so content, just like my staffy dog when I do the same to him. Thanks, I have'nt seen many owls before.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Simply enchanting! That made my day! Thank you for sharing this with us all.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Nothing beats Transformer owl

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wanted to say thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the flowers in metaphorical way.

It seems to be one of those little things we forget to do that has a great impact on our welfare. We get so caught up in whatever it is that has our attention that we tend to forget to take a look around ourselves and appreciate some of the smaller things that give us pleasure.

We need to occasionally stop and just enjoy some of the little things in life so we do not end up experiencing only the things that have a negative impact.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That is so cute! Notice how the little owl just smiles in contentment.

Uplifting, warm and fuzzy (or in this case furry)!

People so often just assume the other inhabitants of our planet are dumb, non emotional or non deserving of respect and kindness.

Thank you for sharing.

While walking our dog, Lucy yesterday my youngest son heard a owl so when he got home he played different owl sounds to see which one he heard (never saw it)..........it was a Eastern Screech Owl and we are in Illinois.

Keep in mind as a service announcement to people with really small dogs or cats.........they are on the menu for a predator bird, of which owls are one.......so another reason to keep your animal companions, particularly the smaller ones inside unless your right there with them.

edit on 21-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some good videos.
Here in the uk there are a fair few owls that i regularily see when out driving.
Sometimes i see an eagle owl and those are very big.

I do have a question though?
What does an owl say if it stubs its foot?
Owl. Lol

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]That was so adorable. Thanks for sharing it.

I never noticed that owls have such amazing eyes..

top topics

join