It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Escalates at 'Occupy' Protests in New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

DEVELOPING: A New York City police officer was slashed during Thursday's "Occupy Wall Street" action--and a second cop was taken to a local hospital with an eye injury--after heated clashes between protesters and activists across lower Manhattan, sources told FoxNews.com.

Both officers are said to be in stable condition, although the incident marked an escalation of tension in the uneasy give-and-take between NYPD officers charged with maintaining order, and protesters determined to be heard.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Well, that's the end of OWS.

edit on 17-11-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Nov 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Nov 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Your headline is not matching the story in the link. No mention of an officer being cut.
edit on 17-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Look at thread title..

Read article

Try again

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I would get out of there because it's time for some OWS skull cracking via rubber bullets let the party begin.
Clean shots give bonus 10 points.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's breaking news. Nobody has updated the article yet. Relax people. Click on the article and you will see the "Breaking News" above. Click on that link, and it brings you to the story I posted. I'm sure they will update it shortly.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes let the mods handle it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
maybe the "officer" shouldn't have been attacking/assaulting people?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
maybe the "officer" shouldn't have been attacking/assaulting people?

Was he? Source?

2nd

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

DEVELOPING: A New York City police officer was slashed during Thursday's "Occupy Wall Street" action--and a second cop was taken to a local hospital with an eye injury--after heated clashes between protesters and activists across lower Manhattan, sources told FoxNews.com.

Both officers are said to be in stable condition, although the incident marked an escalation of tension in the uneasy give-and-take between NYPD officers charged with maintaining order, and protesters determined to be heard.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Thank you.

2nd

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I would get out of there because it's time for some OWS skull cracking via rubber bullets let the party begin.
Clean shots give bonus 10 points.

Isn't calls for violence against ATS rules?

It's sad to see anyone get hurt, but the hatred for OWS that some people have is at times very concerning.

Agree with OWS or not, the fact that Media has been barred (at critical times), countless people have been arrested for practicing 1st Amendment rights, Countless injuries of protesters (including the elderly, pregnent, Vets for peace), the suspension of Miranda Rights (when your hold people in a barricade and don't allow people to leave), is alarming.

And despite all of this, the amount of injuries suffered by Police has been MINIMAL. It's largely a peaceful movement. Calling for the use of rubbing bullets to crack skulls is honestly evil.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I respect what the protestors are doing. But if the police tell you to move back, then move back! If you don't, they will start pushing you back. Someone probably felt victimized and then slashed the officer.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Give a nice misleading title then give as a source Fox News.

Not obvious at all where you're coming from.

Not so much the end of ows as the end your credibility on ATS if you had any.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
terrible news, hope the police can remain professional in their response but I have a feeling this could get real ugly now, the world will be watching now for sure!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As to the officers who were apparently injured... we don't know anything that led up to those events.

Wait .. I've heard those words before...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnGeeTee
Give a nice misleading title then give as a source Fox News.

Not obvious at all where you're coming from.

Not so much the end of ows as the end your credibility on ATS if you had any.

I'm sorry? I've been supporting the movement from day one. And just because it's from Fox News, doesn't mean an officer wasn't slashed. Chill out.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Don't be fooled.

All of the violence, garbage, rapes, etc etc were actually perpetrated by the neo-cons.

They infiltrated the movement, pretended to be protesters, and then caused all the problems.

***If they can overgeneralize and blame ghosts for everything, so can I.***

join