It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy San Francisco protesters take over Bank of America, at least 80 arrested - 17th Nov 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Could this spread to other Banks and to affect Wall Street?Already the crisis in Europe is spreading very fast like a disease.The question is what banks in Europe and US will fall in the next months!

TextThe San Francisco branch of the Occupy movement charged into a Bank of America today and set up camp before dozens of protesters were arrested. Demonstrators had arrived by the busload to march through the Californian city before storming a downtown branch, chanting slogans and attempting to set up tents in the lobby. Police officers in full riot gear handcuffed activists as hundreds more demonstrators surrounded the building, blocking entrances and exits. Around 100 people marched into the bank shouting 'money for schools and education, not for banks and corporations'. Deputy Police Chief Kevin Cashman said 80 arrests were made for trespassing. The protest was partly organised by ReFund California, a coalition of student groups and university employee unions
source(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... I'm watching the morning news and there was not a word about this?!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I dont advocate violence but I am suprised they didnt burn it to the ground. Maybe soon they will, and I also think that many of the hubs of power such as parliament buildings will also suffer the same fate, and probably with yhe leaders still inside. I am sorry for saying this but I truly believe that many members of the public who are having thier lives totaly destoyed will, indeed, want revenge.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You all do know The Bank of America just sold of shares just over $6.6 Billi ion, in shares, in China yes>? And also Goldman Sacs Sold off 1.8 billion dollars in shares also. Was reported on the BBC this morning.

BBC

The second-largest US bank by assets said it will sell 10.4bn CCB shares, most of its remaining stake, for almost $6.6bn (£4.1bn) in cash.

The move comes as BofA faces pressure to boost its capital to comply with new global regulations.

edit on 17-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

join