It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Common Ground?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Individual freedom is something that I hope all Americans (all people) can agree on. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is what we all espouse. This is a great little video that puts into words the common ties that bind us as Americans. Little things like this keep me grounded and motivated, so I wanted to share it.

I’m guilty as anyone of taking sides and arguing my beliefs, and there’s a need for that because we don’t all agree on the solutions. But with all the back and forth between right and left, OWS and TTP, rich and poor, etc, we all need to remember what binds us….the desire for Freedom! Once we achieve freedom we can continue hashing out our differences. IMO the most important thing right now is to identify the real problems and fix them.

And the debate continues…

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Everyone wants freedom!
What about the Elitist who are enslaving us?
How come they don't?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by seabag

Everyone wants freedom!

everyone wants freedom for themselves to live there lives in they way that they believe is best.

unfortunately most people would rather other people didn't have freedom to live in a way they disprove of.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by seabag

Everyone wants freedom!
What about the Elitist who are enslaving us?
How come they don't?

Throughout history there have always been people who try to control others. There is a term for these people – psychopath.

LINK

Both the financial elite and their servants who maintain this system, appear to exhibit behavior that is consistent with symptoms associated with a medical disorder known as psychopathy.(*) Psychopaths, also called sociopaths, are categorized as those who exhibit superficial charm and intelligence, and are absent of delusions or nervousness. Their traits include:
• Unreliability
• Frequent lying
• Deceitful and manipulative behavior (either goal-oriented or for the delight of the act itself)
• Lack of remorse or shame
• Antisocial behavior
• Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
• Incapacity for love • Poverty of general emotions
• Loss of insight • Unresponsiveness in personal relations
• A frequent need for excitement
• An inflated self-worth
• An ability to rationalize their behavior
• A need for complete power
• A need to dominate others

edit on 4-11-2011 by seabag because: Added link to reference

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

there are plenty of victim-less crimes that a lot of people believe should stay illegal, polygamous marriage for example.

Its not just the psychopaths that want to control people

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by seabag

there are plenty of victim-less crimes that a lot of people believe should stay illegal, polygamous marriage for example.

I think the women are the victim of that crime.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by seabag

As the video says, freedom means different things to different people. The main thing I was trying to express was that, right now, we need to at least agree on freedom from TPTB and achieve that goal together. Then we can go back to ripping each others heads of in debate about the direction of the country!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Im a polygamist,Yet I would gladly eat a flag myself,had I not used my intestine as a rope to hoist a flag made of my own skin,if it would protect the freedoms of those proud people who salute that flag.Freedom such as polygamy.
edit on 4-11-2011 by theovermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"Everyone is Equal...but Some Are More Equal Than Others"

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Fair point, your right.

reply to post by GmoS719

I think your assuming that polygamy is always of the 1 guy 2 girls variety. there are plenty more combos than that especially if you combine it with the legalization of gay marriage.

top topics

join