It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets try protecting OWS Boston from police beatings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I think the OWS movement is going in the wrong direction, but you sound like the ultimate cowardice American tool. I hope when everything collapses you're one of the first to feel pure desperation and have to beg the rest of us for help.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

I think the OWS movement is going in the wrong direction, but you sound like the ultimate cowardice American tool. I hope when everything collapses you're one of the first to feel pure desperation and have to beg the rest of us for help.

Yeah,not going to happen. I take care of myself and don't let others influence that. Thanks for the personal attack tho,considering you know NOTHING about me. Don't be jealous because I'm not some scumbag protester,blaming my problems on everyone else. And believe me,I'd never beg you or anyone for help.And I've been in some pretty desperate situations before.(financially,I mean) And you know what? I took care of it MYSELF.And didn't blame anyone else.
edit on 22-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I attended the local occupy protest here in my city and talked with many people, that, like myself, have a job, pay taxes and are sick and tired of the corruption in our government and those that are in bed with them.

You speak of responsibility but don't seem to mind the irresponsible behavior of the Mega Corporations and Wall Street Banks to this nation.

Is it being responsible when you have politicians in the government dishing out contracts to their cronies, that I HAVE TO PAY FOR. Or, when a CEO turns into a politician by going to Washington, and creating laws and regulations or repealing them, to benefit his company and/or industry?

These cockroaches at the top need, no, REQUIRE a big government, just like Communism does, to gain favors and contracts that I HAVE TO PAY, and am sick and tired of it!

They are not standing on their own two feet and being responsible but gaming the system to their advantage!
It is time we shrink the government to 10% of what it is today, so these cockroaches gaming the system can fall flat on their faces with no theft from my pockets when their scams fail!

They will then be competing in a Free Capitalist Market and actually have to put on their bootstraps to make it, or FAIL!!

You believe in an open and transparent free market capitalist system right?

As it is right now, we do not have a free market system, and it is the duty of every person in this country to stand up and fight against those that have been gaming it for the past 30 ++ years.

Wall Street and the Government are tied hand in hand together, and protesting both these entities needs to be done.

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Pulease. Go to college,get a degree.Make more money. And don't tell me I've lost perspective. Try making $7 and hour,raising a daughter,without any help. In a one bedroom apartment no less. I did it. Yea,gas is expensive.That's life. Rent? Bills? I call that being an adult and being responsible. I won't say what I make exactly now,buti t's between $15 -$20 an hour now. I take care of my daughter.And manage to pay for everything else.I did it on my own. And I'm proud of that.

edit on 22-10-2011 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I find it halarious that the very things every American should be taught from birth is being ignored by our police farces and the people at the top. Responsibility, respect, dignity, core values that every person should have, yet they have none. Makes me feel all the stronger that all of the top .5% are scum bags.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree.

It seems to some people these days, that responsibility only rest with those lower on the totem pole, while those playing the system at the top, are not required, no, actually is a given that they exists to take from others and it is everyone else's responsibility to beware of their games. Is this what our nation has come to?

These same people also blame everyone at the bottom for the position we find ourselves in, so, since it is our responsibility, we need to stand up and change things. Then they complain when people stand up to call these cockroaches out. Protesting in the end will probably do no good, because the old saying applies, money talks, bullcrap walks. The corrupt politicians and wall street banksters will continue to play their little games, bringing the country down in the process, and put their finger at everyone else for their criminal actions.

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by jacobe001

I find it halarious that the very things every American should be taught from birth is being ignored by our police farces and the people at the top. Responsibility, respect, dignity, core values that every person should have, yet they have none. Makes me feel all the stronger that all of the top .5% are scum bags.

edit on 22-10-2011 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That was a lot of text to say "sieg heil" with, brah.

The police have a job. That job is apprehending criminals. NOT assaulting people exercising their first amendment rights.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is that one sided journalism? Who are The Examiner? Are they reliable and trustworthy to the whole and not just one section of society?

I'd honestly believe that the protestors started trouble and the police had to go in under attack before I believe riot police went around mercilessly beating people for no reason at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
odd that they let the protest for this long.

and odd that non of them had riot hats on.
or any hat?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
this whole 'ows' crap needs to end. And nowhere in that article did I see anything remotely what your title suggests.Police have a job to do.This is the US.We follow laws. Don't like it,move In the mean time these 'protesters' need to go home and take a shower.And get a job. And stop blaming lifes problems on everyone else.

ETA Where's the proof they'r being 'violently' attacked by police? Too funny.

edit on 22-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Yes and we also have the right to assemble and protest if we feel the government is not doing the correct thing the sad fact is that one job of the media was to keep the government in check by reporting any wrong doing they came across. The media now is just a mouth piece for these corrupt thighs we call our representatives .

The bankers have taken over most governments and dictate what and when, if you do not support taking down the federal reserve then you are just another part of the problem .

As far as the Boston police go they are a violent corrupt buck for the most part, I know this first hand given the fact I knew some of them and played in many police sponsored golf tournaments. This is no anomaly , for most large police departments across America are the same .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No worries, The day for Marine Veterans and other former Special forces Vets are coming. When that happens, crap will truly hit the fan. It's right around the corner. Government and LEO agencies have expectations and contingencies for it. They are prepared and awaiting such a response.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I'm quite sure neither of you live in the world that the majority of us do.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by OldCorp

No worries, The day for Marine Veterans and other former Special forces Vets are coming. When that happens, crap will truly hit the fan. It's right around the corner. Government and LEO agencies have expectations and contingencies for it. They are prepared and awaiting such a response.

Yep. Government is "prepared", this is why the federal governments gross intrusion into the economy has led it to the point it is now, because they were "prepared" for this contingency. This is why we have standing military fighting across the world while our boarders remain virtually unprotected, because government is "prepared" for the contingency of invasion. This is why the federal government has spent their way into a $14 trillion dollar debt, because they were "prepared" for this contingency.

While I believe that the United States federal government has a clear and practiced strategy of competent incompetence, this is not to say that the federal government is competent. Whatever it is the federal government is "prepared" for, you can be rest assured their contingency will be just more competent incompetence.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'd honestly believe that the protestors started trouble and the police had to go in under attack before I believe riot police went around mercilessly beating people for no reason at all.

Yeah. It's not like there's any precedent for police behaving like thugs

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by curious7

Yeah. It's not like there's any precedent for police behaving like thugs

This. Awesome. Not what the oinkers did obviously, but the post. And that is just the tip of the iceburg.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am hardly some unwashed hippie, and I am strongly against the majority of govornment welfare and entitlement programs. Yet I totally support the right of the OWS protesters, whatever their own grievances, to demonstrate, protest, and express their first amendment, or other free speech rights, and from everything I have seen, they have been doing so pretty peacefully and non-violently. Very little vandalism or assault, and very little hazard to public safety from what I've seen, though I'm sure alot of people have been inconvienced or irritated. However, freedom from annoyance or inconvience are not rights as far as I am concerned, or at least ones I find worth defending.

And it is not just left-wing tofu-munching moonbats crawling out of their tree houses who are pissed off with banks and Wall Street. My hatred for handouts and entitlements extends to banks and coorporations, as well as wealthy fat cats whose irresponsible and reckless behavior started this whole mess. Yet They got the biggest welfare checks in history, allthough most people call them "bailouts". They didn't lose their jobs, their homes, their retirements, and medical benefits thanks to millions of taxpayers who did. What happened to "free market Darwinism" and survival of the fittest?

No, instead they took my, the taxpayer's money, to bail out failed businesses like GM, who were still choking despite exporting a number of jobs overseas to cheaper climates, making more people unemployed. I would have been content to see them crumble, since they can't seem to evolve and keep up with the times. Let the only crumble to make space for newer, more innovative car companies? Car companies that might even actually employ AMERICAN WORKERS, complete with safe and healthy working conditions?

Ford managed to stay afloat without the government cheese. I believe every private company should also be cut off from any form of government assistances. That's what the free market is all about, ain't it?

And now all those taxpayers whose money went to keep financial and industrial dinosaurs on the govornment tit are struggling. Anyone who thinks getting a job is as simple as applying at McDonalds needs a reality check. In alot of areas, even part time jobs are hard to get. My stepmom tried to get a night job at Taco Bell, but like 8 other applicants, failed to get the position. At Taco Bell. To work the night drive true window. She also failed when she applied at Wal-Mart, IHOP, and Jack-in-the-Box, the only other places within driving distance that were hiring. It's even worse during summer or school vacation periods, when minimum wage jobs are being heavily competed for by students.

Given that even part time no-benefit minimum wage jobs are being heavily vied for in numerous areas, I'd say that the number of angry, unemployed Americans with serious complaints about the current system out protesting is a completely natural, and understandable consequence of all the worldwide, political and economic criminal incompetance.

Defending peaceful, non-violent protest and demonstration from unconstitutional attempts to intimidate or oppress it is pretty much the duty of any American who ever took an oath to serve the Constitution, and defend it from all enemies, foreign or domestic. My hat goes off to any person, vet or no, who protects these rights.

The cops in the US have been getting out of control in recent years. In the Seattle metro area, a large spike in police abuse, brutality, and excessive use of force has gotten a federal investigation. From everything I've seen on OWS from multiple sources of varying bias, the demonstrators are being unfairly harrassed, more often than not, by the cops, who seem to be overstepping some boundaries free societies shouldn't allow.

If the protests were engaged in widespread violence, hooliganism, and rioting, my attitude would be very different. But I've seen no evidence of this being the case.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

lol

You contradicted yourself several times in your previous posts. Just thought I'd let you know.

Do you even know what ground your standing on? Freedom or not freedom? You seem to be for freedoms and rights but at the same time you condemn those who are exercising those very same freedoms that you are for. So which is it? For or against freedom and rights?

Our country was founded on the idea of protesting. Boston Tea Party, Tar and feathering of tax collectors, breaking away from England due to heavy taxes. To be against protests is to be against the founding of our Nation by the founding fathers.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." - Constitution

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government." - Declaration of Independence

Food for thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

NIGHTSTALKER preach it man, its all about personal responsibility. Why didn't the government allow the banks to fail? Are banks/corporations immune to responsibility? If someone cant make their mortgage payment because they got in over their head or lost their job who bails them out?

NO ONE!! So why were the banks bailed out? Responsibility applies to everyone equally or no one, you cant have it both ways. The problem is you anti OWS guys are basically telling people to take personal responsibility for their situations and in the same breath are giving banks a free pass for not taking responsibility for their screw ups..

They screwed up and were bailed out, thats no taking responsibility. Hypocrite much?
edit on 22-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Ahhh i smell a Troll in this here thread, how much are they paying you to spew this garbage? Unless you are one of them yourself, you really think your propaganda will sway opinion do you?

Like the many I have a Job, Shower and Shave every day. Your ignorance is appalling, perhaps you are just getting off on getting a reaction out of people. Either way nobody buys your tripe! You just make the handlers seem more desperate with every word you have typed so far.

But a cool story bro

shakes head

edit on 22-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yeah..
I'm super tired of the right trying to pass this movement off as a left thing and a pro Obama movement.
It's not and everyone on this site against this movement is mouthing off against their fellow Americans and their belief in the rights media against it just shows their propensity for being sucked in by propaganda media.

Look at this kid for example. Funny sign considering how he is dressed huh?

edit on 22-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I read through this thread, and I am just baffled at how much ignorance you've displayed in the discussion. Just so we can all get an idea of how exactly you perceive the world, I'm going to ask a few questions.

Do you support recklessly irresponsible business practices that will inevitably screw over millions yet benefit a tiny minority?

Are you OK with those same people involved in those business practices giving themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses, while millions of Americans are losing their homes, can't find a job, and can't pay the bills due to those millionaires actions?

Are you OK with the people who screwed up this country's economy escaping without being held accountable while the taxpayers are left to suffer due to actions which were out of their hands?

Do you support members of big banks/corporations influencing and even writing legislation which benefits them greatly, such as the lack of regulations which allowed them to operate recklessly while making a fortune?

Are you OK with members of big banks/corporations not only influencing what our government does much more than the American people, but actually being appointed to government offices and having much more power?

Are you OK with big banks/corporations paying millions of dollars to politicians, basically bribing them, which will in turn allow them to indirectly influence our government policy?

Do you support this country's tax code over the past few decades, which has benefitted the wealthy elite while screwing over the vast majority of Americans, as the graphs in this thread clearly illustrate?

Are you OK with American citizens who are exercising their First Amendment right to a peaceable assembly and speaking out against the above problems being characterized as:
-stupid
-hippies
-crazy
-violent
-drug users, or any other things the media has portrayed them as?

Do you watch any mainstream media outlets, and if so which ones and how often?

If the answer to any of those questions is "Yes", YOU are a part of the problem, not those "dirty hippies who need to take a shower".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join