It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets try protecting OWS Boston from police beatings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

didnt sound like music more like drums in cadence to spread the word the cops were coming good tactic realy

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

the people have a right to protest..if you think they dont you must be part of the problem....as far as jobs go..what jobs are there...the ones that talk like you are the biggest problem.so go serve your wall street masters and beg for their table scraps..........

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Big ****ing men those cops.... pulling old men to the ground and ripping their flags away from them.

A proud day for America when the police attack War Veterans.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by OldCorp

First 15 seconds says it all. 'Last warning,now is the time to move or you're going to be subject to arrest' Again,we have laws here. Follow them. Or pay the price. It's really not hard to understand.

The only thing I cannot stand more than a bunch of preening pouty protestors who have no clue as to what they are protesting about, or how to actually solve the problems they are clearly angry about, are the ignoramuses who equate legislation and ordinances with law.

You bet your ass the United States is a nation of laws, beginning with the Supreme Law of the Land, the Constitution for the United States of America, and each state constitution. In everyone of these Constitutions, there is either a Bill of Rights, or a Declaration of Rights. That is law, not legislation but law, these rights are the Supreme Law of the Land, and of the many rights individuals have, one of them is the right to peaceably and peacefully assemble.

I disagree with this OWS movement, but compared to the ignoramuses defending criminal gangland thugs such police who gladly and gleefully use their badge and weapons as an excuse to trample over the rights of People, the OWS movement is downright noble.

You bet your ass this is a nation of laws, and ignorantia juris non excusat!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Your world is crumbling all around you. Cant you open your eyes? I mean i dont want to call you a fool and risk a mod spanking.

The truth is none of those cops are being deployed as part of their jobs. None of them. All of them are coming from a goup of very common laws that are being abused. They have paid police pools for community events and fairs and gatherings. This pool allows officers to work overtime and make extra money while the event coordinators also provide a visual presence.

These cops doing the beatings are all.....everyone of them....... bought and paid for by the bankers. Using a law designed to never put those officers in a position of conflict.

Now they have turned the cops into their own private army which is illegal in every respect.

Your world is crumbling and you need to spend some time figuring out where you missed the cues and where to do the research so you even know what is real and what lies you have been believing.

If you need links ask these folks. they come up with them pretty fast.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The only thing I cannot stand more than a bunch of preening pouty protestors who have no clue as to what they are protesting about, or how to actually solve the problems they are clearly angry about, are the ignoramuses who equate legislation and ordinances with law.

Pardon me your highness, I couldn't help but notice you were getting your information from the msm.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Pardon me your highness, I couldn't help but notice you were getting your information from the msm.

Pardon me but your knee jerk reaction just blinded you. If you honestly believe the "MSM" is advocating the rule of law, and endeavoring to protect and defend unalienable rights, then this says more about you than I ever want to know.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This crap is inexcusable. Is beating the protesters really necessary? Absolutely NOT! I am sure many of these officers are getting their jollies by beating up on people. I know that for a fact, judging by what we have all seen the police do to innocent people.

Why in the world would they start beating the crap out of people for stretching their constitutional muscles? To me this is unconstitutional, and the police who are participating are the ones who should be arrested. People have been saying that Gaddafi must have been a horrible leader if his own people had turned against him, but look at us in the United States.

If we had help from the UN and foreign militaries, I would bet money that we would rise up against the government, and our standard of living is one of the best in the world. That's kind of off-topic, but I thought I would throw that in there since it is something I have been thinking about.

It is the power hierarchy. It's okay for the police to beat up on civilians, but definitely not the other way around. This is just another example of the police overstepping their boundaries, and using more force than is necessary. These people ARE NOT criminals, so why are they being treated worse than criminals?

It is not legal for the police to beat up criminals, unless they are "resisting," which in many cases is simply LOL, so why so much force for people who are not even breaking the law? Not only are they not breaking the law, they are utilizing the basic tenets of the Constitution, and that should NEVER be punished.

But people will look the other way, especially the government, because as I said, the police are higher on the totem-pole than civilians. I have yet to condone a violent revolution, but if crap like this keeps happening, I will be there right along with everyone else if push comes to shove. I am just simply sick of citizens being treated so horribly for challenging the system.

Where are all of the politicians, *cough* Obama, who wish to claim this movement? Why are they not stepping in to protect the protesters? It is absolutely ridiculous, the entire thing. All this is going to do is backfire in a huge way for the police farce. The protest has gone on this long, and the more this stuff happens, the longer it will continue and the larger it will grow. And I will say this for the first time....I am glad.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

reply to post by Evolutionsend

Bull. Go apply at McDonalds. Or any fast food chain.They think they're owed something and they're not. Sure,I'd love to be making $300,000 a year.But I don't. I make due with what I have.And I'm proud because I EARNED it.

I have a problem with that McDonalds suggestion, I for one have applied for work at places like McDonalds, Subway, etc.. when I was hard up for work but guess what, I didn't get hired, at a couple they flat out gave me some BS about being "over qualified"

It's not as simple to just say "apply at McDonalds"

Not sure but I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who has faced such a problem.

No,you're definately not the only one who's faced that problem.I did as well. I was just using that as an example,meaning you can truly find work if you wanted to.No matter where it may be. You've just got to try.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Who is going to arrest the police though?

Who can stand up to them?

This is the problem, the police get so pumped up at protests and just go looking for people to smash... not at all protests and not all cops, but it's been on the rise.... and when people try and help or intervene or try and reason with cops, they get arrested or battered too.

We've seen cops punching women, battering old folks.... essentially kidnapping and falsely imprisoning people in banks, we've seen all kinds of aggression and violence used on NON VIOLENT PROTESTERS.

This should be a wake up call to everyone.

And as I said the other day.... all these people cheering on the police and saying it's only hippie scum getting battered and who cares?

Wait until It's you... and your cause and your event and you.... when you finally realise that YOU don't have a voice and are on the end of a truncheon for NO REASON.

First they came

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And there will be many more videos, in fact there are hundreds on youtube already.
edit on 22/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by morrow2112

the people have a right to protest..if you think they dont you must be part of the problem....as far as jobs go..what jobs are there...the ones that talk like you are the biggest problem.so go serve your wall street masters and beg for their table scraps..........

Of course they have a right to protest.What they don't have a right to do is to interfere with someone like me,who's an honest,hardworking citzen.Like I said in a previous post,take it to washington dc. Keep people from going to work and disrupting traffic does NOT accomplish anything.No matter what any of you think. To clarify,if I'm late to work because of you(meaning protesters).. and end up losing my job,are you going to pay my bills? No.Didn't think so. See my point?
edit on 22-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Veterans for Peace on the scene trying to defend the people from violence are being violently attacked by police. The veterans had formed a line in front of the protesters but many were beaten.

This part if the article says it all... It shows who the true aggressors are... These vets go there to make sure the cops don't get attacked and they end up being attacked by the ones they are there to protect!

Maybe this will be an eye opener for those vets who were only trying to ensure peace between the two groups.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

this whole 'ows' crap needs to end. And nowhere in that article did I see anything remotely what your title suggests.Police have a job to do.This is the US.We follow laws. Don't like it,move In the mean time these 'protesters' need to go home and take a shower.And get a job. And stop blaming lifes problems on everyone else.

ETA Where's the proof they'r being 'violently' attacked by police? Too funny.

They pay you well at the govt disinfo agency?

What are the hours like?

If its any good can you send me a link so i can apply?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigaHawk

this whole 'ows' crap needs to end. And nowhere in that article did I see anything remotely what your title suggests.Police have a job to do.This is the US.We follow laws. Don't like it,move In the mean time these 'protesters' need to go home and take a shower.And get a job. And stop blaming lifes problems on everyone else.

ETA Where's the proof they'r being 'violently' attacked by police? Too funny.

They pay you well at the govt disinfo agency?

What are the hours like?

If its any good can you send me a link so i can apply?

Thanks!

Yes,they pay me quite well! And the benefits are good too. The only thing is tho,you've got to be available 24-7.

That's the only drawback. You can apply at www.kissmybuttdisinfoagent.com Tell em I sent ya !

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree. The entitled hippie kids need a good bath. Say, from Water Cannons. I don't know why, other than the Police Unions are in on the thing, they don't start cracking these young skulls full of mush (not to mention communist indoctrination), Nobody made them sign their student loan agreements. And I do feel sorry for their entitled stupid expectations they'd get 100k+ a year jobs for political science, transgendered studies, liberal arts, etc. And I do hope companies look to see if they were O.W.S. idiots before they hire. I'd even make a Suspected O.W.S Therefore Denied big red stamp to use on their applications in a couple years. They should carry the stigma like a Disability Scammer for life.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

These 'protesters; are the ignorant ones. And they think they're entitled to something.

Yeah they're entitled to something. A country free from warmongering, greedy thieves saving the bankers asses while the population is out of work, starving, and forced to pay for the bankers own mistakes. Damn straight they are entitled to something. And if the government isn't going to listen and respond to these protests with brute force, one day a million guns are going to descend from the hills.

Damn i hope that happens soon because my patience with the Western Governments is getting very thin...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey bar fights and deployments give us a good grasp on hand to hand combat.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I suppose is it easier to stay at home, drink your beer, conform, and lay the blame on people who are actually brave enough to stand up for themselves and the principle of the matter. Yep, that's the easy way out, for sure.
Obey, because you've been told to!
Yes, American citizenship does implicitly mean that you have some entitlements, as proscribed by the frickin Constitution, like say, the freedom to peacefully assemble. ( Check out the Constitution sometime. It's very enlightening. It may provide a personal growth opportunity for you. ) The cops have a "must win" attitude about this. Their enforcement of the "law" is arbitrary.

"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty". Yeah, that was written by some unemployed slacker who needed a shower, by the name of Thomas Jefferson.
edit on 22-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: spelling correction

edit on 22-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

BULL! This is why you are ignorant. The fact is there are more people who need jobs than there are jobs. Not everyone gets a job just because they asked nicely. So you have to wonder where all the jobs went and who sent them there. Then you end up at OWS.

It is one thing to point to an oppressive tyranny and reminisce about the times when freedom was much more than just another word for nothing left to lose, and then lament the situation and ask: "Where have all my rights gone?" It is another thing entirely to point to corporatism and reminisce about the times when the American Dream became equated with a job with benefits, and lament the situation and ask: "Where have all the jobs gone?"

No one owes you or anyone else a job. You have the right to lawfully earn a living, but no one is required to supply you with a job to facilitate that right. With each and every right People have, if they are not fiercely and vehemently protecting them, chances are they will see those rights denied and disparaged.

The Pilgrims did not set sail on the Mayflower several hundred years ago and head towards the New World because they heard that there were some really kick ass jobs with perks and benefits over there. The expansion out west was not forged by people who heard there were great jobs out west. These people did what they did because they had no desire to "work for the man" and instead had the desire to "be the man". This used to be the American Dream...today it is the American Nightmare of jobs, jobs, jobs, "gimme my job and pay me a gazillion bobabazillion dollars per hour for it. What? I am only asking for a living wage?"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join