It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets try protecting OWS Boston from police beatings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by OldCorp

They did. Look it up. Orlando. And who said I don't travel? Way to assume dude

Nice way to cover your bases, "Who said I don't travel?" Because the Orlando protest was a flash in the pan - on a Saturday; one Saturday.

SOURCE
Occupy Orlando activists marched downtown in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street movement, which has spread to cities across the U.S. and around the world. The group met at the Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce at 8 a.m. and began marching through downtown before noon.

With nearly 7,000 followers on the Occupy Orlando Facebook page, a large crowd turned out for Saturday's demonstration. Occupy activists said they are protesting the influence of big business and banks.

Some activists still protesting on Sunday said they would remain near the chamber of commerce as long as Occupy Wall Street movements were active across the country.

Kudos for being a single parent though and raising a child on a higher than minimum wage job. Now imagine if your life was a bit different:

You have three kids, two of them teenagers and one old enough to drive. Have you priced car insurance for a teenager lately? On top of paying $4.00 a gallon for gas on an 11-year-old F-150 gas hog (you would have traded your clunker in for cash, but didn't have $30,000 for a new Prius,) add another $125 a month for your teen to drive, in addition to what you pay for yourself.

IF you're lucky enough to find an employer who doesn't schedule you for 38 hours a week to keep you from being eligible for health insurance, tack on another $200 a month. And if you get seriously ill, even for a month or so, kiss your job goodbye.

Groceries for three kids? $250- 300 a week.

Since school just started, I paid about $100 for school supplies for each of my kids. In addition to normal school supplies, the school MAKES you buy tissues, hand sanitizer, and other BS we never had to buy when I was a kid. I hope your kids are good scholars: Tutors are expensive too.

How about new school clothes? As a parent, you should know that kids grow like weeds. Tack on another $500 MINIMUM.

I suppose it's fortunate you live in Florida, especially with Winter coming on and natural gas and fuel oil at record high prices. Count on paying an additional $150-200 a month for heating costs in addition to your electric bill.

Time to pay your rent/mortgage: $900-$1,500 minimum if you don't want to live in a roach infested sniphole.

Oh CRAP! Bet you've run out of money all ready. Looks like you need to get a second job. Now you'll be doubling the fuel expenses for your car.

For the love of God, don't speed and get a ticket or your insurance will double too. What's that? Someone ran a red light and hit your son's truck? Not his fault, but his insurance goes up anyway. Hopefully he wasn't hurt. Doctor bills can get pretty pricey, even with insurance.

Don't forget birthdays! Oh, and Christmas is right around the corner too.

Do you get where I'm going with this?

Life is hard enough without banks and corporations jacking up the prices beyond what the market should have to pay. There has been absolutely NO disruption in oil supplies since Obama took office, yet gas prices have doubled. Our tax dollars have been spent to bail out crooked banks, "too big to fail" businesses - and the bastards use the bail out money to give themselves multimillion dollar bonuses for doing such a bang-up job - and even foreign countries have been bailed out with OUR money. In the meantime, people are losing their homes.

Can you really not see why people are PISSED OFF?!?!

If you haven't been affected by the state of the economy, then consider yourself lucky; because you would be the first person I've met that hasn't.
edit on 10/22/2011 by OldCorp because: spellin and punkshoeashion

edit on 10/22/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

reply to post by sir_slide

No. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in. I really am. But don't direct that # at me...when most of you (not you personally) don't work or pay taxes. Then want to sit around and bitch about it.

I'm a business owner, pay taxes, served in the military, reasonably affluent, and most of the people I see at the OWS rallys are pretty much in my demographic; yet you try and marginalize those folks by calling them dirty hippies. Why is that? That would be like me calling you a loser because you don't make as much money as I do.

Has your Rush ideology got in the way of your common sense.

Bull. If what you say is true,you'd have no reason to protest.

It's true and I protest against the corruption and greed in the financial institutions. I don't expect a handout, I don't need it. I do however expect a level playing field when it comes to paying my taxes. I resent paying subsidies to companies making record profits. That's also what OWs is protesting. Do some research!!!

Rush Lies!!
edit on 22-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by sir_slide

No. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in. I really am. But don't direct that # at me...when most of you (not you personally) don't work or pay taxes. Then want to sit around and bitch about it.

I'm a business owner, pay taxes, served in the military, reasonably affluent, and most of the people I see at the OWS rallys are pretty much in my demographic; yet you try and marginalize those folks by calling them dirty hippies. Why is that? That would be like me calling you a loser because you don't make as much money as I do.

Has your Rush ideology got in the way of your common sense.

Bull. If what you say is true,you'd have no reason to protest.

It's true and I protest against the corruption and greed in the financial institutions.

AMEN BROTHER

2nd

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
@ oldcorp, well said brother

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Not my problem. I take care of myself. And my kid. I'm not going to pretend to live the life you just said because you know what? I'm responsible. And I know what it costs to raise one child. I certainly wouldnt bring more into this world knowing I couldn't care for them.She gets what I buy her,period. I don't need a lesson on what bills costs from you.I know. And of course it's not cheap.

so your post is kind of pointless. And i'm certainly not going to sit here and blame the government or banks because I can't provide for my family. I know that's expected on ats,but I think for myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
dude, he wasnt going there, he was going here

"Our tax dollars have been spent to bail out crooked banks, "too big to fail" businesses - and the bastards use the bail out money to give themselves multimillion dollar bonuses for doing such a bang-up job - and even foreign countries have been bailed out with OUR money. In the meantime, people are losing their homes"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Some Americans like to raise a real family. 70 years ago families were much larger, and the parents got by with normal jobs. At what point did we decide that people couldn't make a fair wage for fair work? At what time did we decide reproducing was a luxury of the rich? What is this, natural selection at work in the human world? I'm not saying that a father of three should be able to spend money frivolously, but he shouldn't be getting screwed by an employer to deny him benefits either. That's wrong, and if you can't see this, I'm not sure what to say.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
people are losing their homes because the bank sjack up peaoples interest untill they cant afford the house,
then they kick the poor folks out on the street. it could happen to me or you or a 500,000 per year income.
(i rent fortunately)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by OldCorp

I've had my day interuppted enough by you people. And that's where my issue comes in. I go to work to support my family. Don't get in my way. I haven't done a damn thing to you,so it's only fair you stay out of my way.

They got a big protest down in the Sunshine State we haven't heard of? I think you're full of it.

There is something happening downtown Orlando. www.facebook.com...

Look at the date on the pic. Oct 15th - a Saturday. I've seen no indication that there has been any significant protest that would block traffic on a weekday.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecisionX
people are losing their homes because the bank sjack up peaoples interest untill they cant afford the house,
then they kick the poor folks out on the street. it could happen to me or you or a 500,000 per year income.
(i rent fortunately)

rightttttttttttttttttttttt banks fault. Not the people who took out a loan on a house they couldn't afford.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Who said it was a weekday? not everyone works monday to friday and has weekends off. Looks to me like you've just gave yourself up. See,if us peons didn't work weekends,you'd have nowhere to go.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
no. variable rate loans. "hey mr customer your payment went up 400 dollars a month cause we feel like it"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by nightstalker78

It seems to me that a lot of the people protesting have finished degrees and are still out of work, that's what I can see. It's hard for everyone right now, I know, although it doesn't need to be, admitting there is something rotten in this syustem and not doing anything about it is just really negligent, I think it's important to make our governments understand that we are not happy with how things are going and that we want things to change. This is what I can see.

That's just life man. My older brother went to college to be a teacher. He couldn't find a job in that field. He went to work at a Hotel. And to this day,he's still working doing that.And he's still paying off loans. There's no guarentee you're going to get a job because you have a degree.

It's more than just life. It's a recession. I walked out of a tech University right into the recession. Tech people want you already experienced and now with a tech degree, sales people think I don't need a sales job. Talk about getting caught in the cracks. The current admin is prolonging things and everyone's misery. It's both the govt and the cheats in the finance sector. But unlike the OWS crowd, I want limited govt and more free enterprise and entrepeneurialship. The banks won't loan money unless you already have it, or if you are from some foreign country for some reason those people get financing.
edit on 22-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PrecisionX

then deal with a better bank. find interests that will help you. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

no. variable rate loans. "hey mr customer your payment went up 400 dollars a month cause we feel like it"

Oh, I think you missed a very important part of your quote.

"hey mr customer your payment went up 400 dollars a month cause we feel like it...AND YOU AGREED TO IT VOLUNTARILY. YOU AGREED TO FUTURE RISK FOR EARLY BENEFIT...SORRY, BUT THE RISKS JUST CAUGHT UP WITH YOU".

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
again i have no problems, people i care about do and its because they get screwed out of their money by the system that used to be in place that was blatantly illegal because of lobbying bankers who managed to
lobby their way into de-regulating themselves. jesus.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oh, I see the point. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I did thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

again i have no problems, people i care about do and its because they get screwed out of their money by the system that used to be in place that was blatantly illegal because of lobbying bankers who managed to
lobby their way into de-regulating themselves. jesus.

they got screwed because they weren't smart enough to read their agreements.they knew what they were getting into.It's really that simple. No offense man.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
its okay, youre totally right it is very simple, but it is very misleading.
if it was your own mother (example) wouldnt you be a bit more pissed about that system and the folks who get away with it. its just the same as rape in my opinion.
edit on 22-10-2011 by PrecisionX because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by PrecisionX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join