It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING Video of Police Brutality at Occupy Melbourne

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Well, I for one am glad I live in America when this sort of thing couldn't happen.

LOLOL I C WUT U DID THARRR!!!
sooonn..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Australia should declare independence from England like the US did. just dont get tricked into a phonyass banking scheme like the US did

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's like they (the police) are trying to get people to fight so they have an excuse to be even more violent. SICKENING!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

it is time for us to destroy the global elite by changing the monetary system into FDR system (credit system) wherein the Governement has accountability on our money and NOT federal reserve or central bank

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antioligarchs

We actually need to find another way to trade with each other without any influence from government or banking system. The question is how? Anyone who chooses to continue the way things are can keep getting pawned if they feel the need too. Barter system did not work, except for people who could afford to do it, there has to be another way around these pricks.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69

AHH YES... Victorian Police... The best money can buy.

Are Victorian police traditionally corrupt ? I know we tend to have a major corruption problem within the police force in OZ .

These Black Shirts really want to do battle ?
I guess its rather traditional in australian to have abusive police action. ...it's always been like that . I think the Unions will jump on this , as this is their traditional battle ground. If the Unions see that police are up to their old tactics off roughing up the people , that will be it .

It will be Eureka Stocade all over again.

Good really ; as we have not had any good battles here in OZ between Unions and police since the 80s proberly .

Everything went tame and quite for a long time .

I really did not expect to see any reaction from an Occupy movement in Australia because we are not doing badly here , Thus it seems the blackshirts are attempting to make it an issue by stirring the pot with violence.

Obviously the half brained idiots have been told to use excessive force , but have not been told the real reason why ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CaesaRodney

No it would probably be worse, because our leaders under the Queen couldn't run a brothel in kings cross let alone an independant country with extra power.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Originally posted by bluebird2
reply to post by spoor

You are NOT Australian sir ... I don't know where you're from but you're not one of us.

HEAR HEAR!
anyone who condones these actions is
NOT AUSTRALIAN!

The Real genuine Australians are good and fair people . They dont go looking for a fight just for the sake of it.

But haven't you noticed the new breed of younger generation Australians. They are breed for being half asred stupid and violent . These young police are merely a product of the unethical , Drunken, bully Australian .

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If I only had the power to kick a cop's ass, I would if they ever did this to me. This is pathetic, this just shows that freedom not only does not exist, but will never exist if big corporations pay these cops to do their bidding!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

The police used all the force they are allowed to use, i would assume. Given that they showed clips of people being violently treated on the news goes to show they are not trying to hide anything.

The occupy group are taking legal action so we will have to see how that pans out.

Dont blame the young australian, blame the powers that police are given. Because i have seen such violence displayed by members of the police from every age group.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

These videos look deceiving and are obviously taken out of context.

All that is ever shown is the police pulling people out of the crowd, but never does the camera focus on the crowd to perhaps show what they are doing to provoke the police. Im not saying they are, but it is a very biased way to film this. It is quite possible people in the crowd are throwing rocks or worse at the policemen.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuzMc
It's like they (the police) are trying to get people to fight so they have an excuse to be even more violent. SICKENING!!!!

This is true!...and as we ALL know they also have "Plants" in the crowd at every Protest...to STIR things up!...then they have an Excuse to go IN...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It seems a little excessive, I am an American and not aware of the laws in Australia. I think some of these protestors are just looking for an excuse to riot, look at Italy and Greece.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

These videos look deceiving and are obviously taken out of context.

All that is ever shown is the police pulling people out of the crowd, but never does the camera focus on the crowd to perhaps show what they are doing to provoke the police. Im not saying they are, but it is a very biased way to film this. It is quite possible people in the crowd are throwing rocks or worse at the policemen.

because there's totally not dudes there putting their hands up and calling out that they're being peaceful
and still being thrown around?
the police supt. is on video saying that basically they've had enough time to protest and now it's time to drag them out.
i was unaware protest had a built in expiry date
if you can show me any more compelling evidence
from the pigs mouth, as it were
go right ahead
i'm willing to listen to anything rational that's gonna calm this boling blood.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It was hardly shocking or brutal.... excessive maybe.

I guess you guys don't have too many protests over there or maybe the police just usually leave you alone?
You should try protesting England..... actually forget that, try Greece or Italy or somewhere.

The police are stamping out ANY and ALL peaceful protest right now, not to say that people aren't being allowed to protest, there are about 1500 protests in over 100 countries RIGHT NOW.... all occupying public space and financial districts... and it's growing all the time.

They will start getting more and more violent with each day that passes.

There could be the biggest revolution in generations about to take place and they cannot allow people to get together and spread ideas and start revolting.

They will stamp it out.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

No punches thrown
No kicks
No firing of guns
No spraying of capsicum spray
No use of batons
No nothing as far as I could see except the removal of people who were breaking the law.

From where I sit (Melbourne, Australia) this is in fact about as gentle a people-removal as its ever possible to get. I really cant see how it would be possible to do this job in a better way.
Congratulations to the police for the restraint they showed today.

Edit - and to be clear, the police were not removing "protesters", they were removing "campers" - the ones who had set up an illegal tent camping ground in the city.
Protesting is legal.
Setting up a tent in the square and living there is not.

edit on 21-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I agree. The slaves were treated nicely by their benevolent rulers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What is so shocking about cop brutality? It is so common these days that it is not shocking anymore..it is expeected.

This is a sad fact: cops today are the enemy of a free people, not there to protect, but to advance the interests of the corrupt bigshots...Aussies are unable to help themselves any more...they lost their guns, like England, and now are ready for anything the cops want to do...sickening.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just wonder how many times this peaceful movement will keep turning the other cheek.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm fast getting fed up with these losers. I full supported the original OWS idea, but in sydney at least it's been bastardised into a "we want free stuff!" campaign. I mean seriously, you declare you're going to setup an (illegal) camping ground in the CBD, then have the hide to demand free wifi and planters for growing food and complain when it's not given to you? And people are meant to support you for this?

If you want to effect change without violence, pull all your money out of the banks, pay off all your loans asap then throw away your credit cards. Eliminate all your debt and reduce the amount of cash banks have to play with on the stock market. That's going to cause ALOT more pain to the banks and encourage change faster than demanding free stuff and coming across as a jobless bum that has no idea what you're actually protesting about.

Personally, I haven't done anything because I don't see this movement achieving it's goal. It's fast losing support in Australia (at least amongst all the people that I know) because of the way the "protestors" are behaving. Blast me if you want for being a couch potato, but I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are entitled to yours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join