It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Teaches Policeman Important Lesson in Japanese Selflessness, & TOKYO vs ROME Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

www.examiner.com...

"Japanese boy teaches Vietnamese policeman lesson in sacrifice

Instead of taking the bag of food for himself, the boy walked to the head of the line and added it to the pile that was being distributed.

When the policeman asked why, the boy said: "Because I see a lot more people hungrier than I am. If I put it there, then they will distribute the food equally.""

topic gets at crux of humanity's elusive essence, in midst of kali-yuga where in imperial West's ego it's every man for himself.

to understand why a country is the way it is (ie, reactive, agressive, greedy) one need only look to it's history, its manner of founding and its people's governance. the japanese were migrants from the mainland who settled a desert island, whilst the euroamericans and romans were slash and burn conquerors who seized and stole land by enslaving &/or killing off natives.

like customary ninja hara-kiri (honor suicide by sword thru one's own belly). it's all about sense of responsibility & dignity, something for example, perhaps usa leaders have a track history of lacking altogether (cia, nixon, bush, obama).

as for the People, japanese are an integral & cohesive people that stand together as one, whilst Westerners although may brag about multiculturalism & rich roots, fall short of solidarity. are always loud, reactive, obnoxious, raping, fighting, rioting and looting in angry massive mobs anytime there's drama. friggin rude nasty destructive ghetto a-s animal farm.

the japanese are reliably the peaceful calm after the storm. resilient!

edit on 18-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Beautiful story gets a flag.

Insightful post gets a star.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Japanese culture is awesome. Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
thx for noticing, guys

cherry blossoms, koi, pagodas, bonsai, saki, sushi, teriyaki, california rollz - gotta love em all!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Does anyone know this Shining example of humanitarians name? You never know the impact of doing something that may be perceived as small and the example it sets for others to aspire to.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I find it really fascinating that despite the fact that the war was only 60 years ago, we only speak of the German war crimes.

You say the Japanese are all these nice things, it escapes you that they were responsible for the worst abuses and crimes during the war. Just ask any veteran who was imprisoned in one of their camps. I would say treated like dogs, but if you were to treat a dog in the same way that they treated POWs, you would be facing time inside a prison. Modern estimates suggest up to 10,000,000 direct murders, to say nothing of those who died in slave labor and POW camps.

One Japanese person does a good deed. He should be commended, but I cannot, and will not ever regard the Japanese in high regard.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
First video, no one noticed the MARX NOW poster I guess.

But they don't exist.
edit on 18-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
First video, no one noticed the MARX NOW poster I guess.

But they don't exist.
edit on 18-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Yeah i was all like: "Step away from the communist bandwagon. It is NOT the answer"

I just love seeing all of the different people from different parts of the world getting together over this,... hell over ANYTHING for that matter.

For the first time in a long time i actually feel like i'm a part of a larger global community.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Of course they didn't notice that. He cleverly hid it next to a hot anime chick.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Marx Now? Please be advised that Communism is not the answer.

The whole occupy concept is flawed. They should be occupying the government, not banks or wall street.
Capitalism, if allowed to run its course works every time.
In 2008 when the american banks were about to fail, the GOVERNMENT stepped in and derailed capitalism with a bailout of FAILED institutions.
There are some very risky behaviors being employed by private firms, when these gambles fail, and the firms involved go belly up, so mote it be. Let 'em fail, dust themselves off, and begin anew. When a governement sticks it's biased, greedy, unqualified hands into the mix, these are the results.

Occupy the Fed, and support the Ron Paul campaign for President of the USA

Oh, btw....good job to the japanese boy who wasn't hungry...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy
They should be occupying the government, not banks or wall street.

But governments are just figurants, 'enforcers', the decisional power is on wallstreet and with major bank cartels.
You occupy gov, lets say it will be overthrown, but new one is gonna be just the same.

Capitalism, if allowed to run its course works every time.

Sure, thats main reason why biggest capitalist country is massively in debt to biggest communist country
, and been before 2008 when gov 'derailed capitalism' as you wrote.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pregnant
I find it really fascinating that despite the fact that the war was only 60 years ago, we only speak of the German war crimes.

You say the Japanese are all these nice things, it escapes you that they were responsible for the worst abuses and crimes during the war. Just ask any veteran who was imprisoned in one of their camps. I would say treated like dogs, but if you were to treat a dog in the same way that they treated POWs, you would be facing time inside a prison. Modern estimates suggest up to 10,000,000 direct murders, to say nothing of those who died in slave labor and POW camps.

One Japanese person does a good deed. He should be commended, but I cannot, and will not ever regard the Japanese in high regard.

the worst abuses and crimes during the war?..Hiroshima/Nagasaki..nuff said

top topics

join